Dolphins @ Steelers

marck

Ghost of BiB Posted Today, 02:01 PM

QUOTE(JAMIEBUF12 @ Mar 27 2006, 03:00 PM)

i always thought it was a rerun of the championship game as the opener  i dont think the fish were in the playoffs last season so wtf?

Sort of why I said odd match up.

No more odd than last year's opener of New England Vs. Oakland.

The NFL will pick popular teams for opening games.

The Dolphins are a glamour team. There are Dolphins fans everywhere in the country. Just like Steelers fans, Raiders fans, & Cowboys fans.

I'm not surprised Miami got the season opener or the Thanksgiving game.

I suspect you're kidding because you're a smart football dude and smart football dudes know that a rebuilding team like the fish going against a basically-set-in-stone team like the Steelers on opening day = no real film for the Steelers to study = general mismatch = advantage Miami.

The better football team still has the advantage. Even on opening day.

Like someone mentioned, they beat Denver in the opener last year and it wasn't because Denver sucked.

643611[/snapback]

Their record in home september games is really really really good.

With the NFL announcing 5 of the opening week games, it has really shortened the list of possible opening day opponents for us. It looks like we are left with the following choices:

Home : Pats, Jets, Packers or Titans

Away : Pats, Texans, Bears, Lions or Ravens.

I'm not listing the Jets as an away possibility because, the Giants are home that night, and they won't schedule a day+night game in the Meadowlands on the same day.

Any predictions?

With the NFL announcing 5 of the opening week games, it has really shortened the list of possible opening day opponents for us. It looks like we are left with the following choices:

I'm not listing the Jets as an away possibility because, the Giants are home that night, and they won't schedule a day+night game in the Meadowlands on the same day.

Any predictions?

645438[/snapback]

I say Week 1 is at Chicago....Jauron against his old team right from the get-go

Any predictions?

645438[/snapback]

Good work. I'll assume it's a home game as it usually is. Pats are unlikely cause the league would want them to play a better team on opening day. We've hosted the Jets opening day a lot it seems like...

I would say Packers & Titans are the 2 most likely.

Also, there's a 90% chance Don Criqui and his 7th string partner will do the Titans game whenever that is, so that might be a good game to go to.

A return to Chicago for Dick would be a decent storyline. Of course, we opened against the Texans last year, so I think makes it less likely. If at home, I could see the Jests being a likely opponent.

Good work.  I'll assume it's a home game as it usually is.  Pats are unlikely cause the league would want them to play a better team on opening day.  We've hosted the Jets opening day a lot it seems like...

I would say Packers & Titans are the 2 most likely. 

Also, there's a 90% chance Don Criqui and his 7th string partner will do the Titans game whenever that is, so that might be a good game to go to.

645603[/snapback]

Thanks. I agree that the Packers or Titans are the most likely choices for a home opener. I think that the Jets and Pats may face each other in week one ... Mangini goes home to take on his old team. For that same reason, I think Clements22 could be right about the Jauron returning to Chicago prediction. Scribo has a good point about eliminating the Texans. Also, I don't think we will open at the Lions because we play them in the last preseason game. If we put all of these assumptions together, we are left with the following possibilities :

Home : Packers or Titans

Away : Bears or Ravens.

The list gets shorter ... any more predictions?