Are you a cranky negative toss-bag  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a cranky negative toss-bag

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, what of it?
    • No, of course I'm @#$% not!!!
    • Um, what was the question again?

The negativity has been here as long as I've read (since 2002, I think), but has definitely been getting worse the last couple years.

I was going to take your poll, but I couldn't tell if I was supposed to be answering " is this normal here?" or  "Are you a cranky negative toss-bag."

By the way.  What the heck is a whinger?  A whiner?  I've just started seeing this word with a G in it....

642652[/snapback]

You are not used to the word as it usually follows the term 'Bloody Pom .......'. It is possible the term 'Whinging Pom' is the most common descriptive phrase in Oz.

0:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I'm fairly new here & am quickly forming the opinion that a large number(if not a majority) of Bills fans are cranky, negative, opinionated, pessimistic, aggressive, toss-bags with little sense of fun or frivolity who take things way too seriously.

I live in Melbourne, Australia & am a huge Bills fan. I was nearly creaming my pants(is that too crude for this forum?) when I discovered The Stadium Wall.

Imagine my dismay when within a few days I find myself in arguments over innocuous statements,

come across countless people who you would think are from Miami by the way they slag off at everything Bills

& generally get the feeling that knocking things is the way to be.

Is it just me or is it a case of the 'squeaky wheel'?

You guys don't know how great you have it.

I dream of being able to go to a Bills game...even if we got thrashed.

Please leave me some encouraging thoughts...though I expect by the end of this I will be argued with, slagged off, insulted & generally told that my opinion is rubbish & that 'yours' is the only one worth having.

Gee, now look who is the negative one....AAARRRGGGHHH it's catching.

Thanks All 0:)

Well, seems like you pretty much have it . Everything you said is basically true. that being said, welcome to the wall

Wow, this is great! You certainly have put a smile on my face. 0:)

I wasn't going to reply yet but I have noticed some confusion in terminologies.

O.K.....DIBS' DICTIONARY

Whinger..(though I don't think I wrote this one, it is an Aussie expresison)

=whiner, complainer

Wanker

=Masturbator(though not usually in the literal sense. More figurative in regards to what is being said or being done)...also tosser.

(therefore) Toss-bag

=scrotum or ball-sack

Poof/Poofter

=Homosexual(literal)...not macho(general)

Gridiron

=American Football

Footy

=Australian Rules Football

VB

=The type of beer that is drunk by Aussies who regularly use the words above.

example quote...

"Gridiron! That games played by a bunch of poofs, wankers running around in all that padding. We don't have that in Footy. Get us another VB luv."

As you can see, being a Football fan over here has it's downside.

You say "Cranky negative toss-bags" like it is a bad thing. 0:)

642628[/snapback]

What's a "toss-bag?"

Edit: the post above was posted as I was reading - thank you for the education, Toss-Bag.

Edited by slothrop

Alot of people like myself are just reading, not posting much because of all the bashing recently.

642679[/snapback]

I'm one of the above.

One of the biggest problems I see is that people can not agree to disagree with maturity. It has to result in name calling and insulting you mother. Which is sad, because a “good” argument can lead to insight and actually create more exciting topics to be discussed? If you can ignore the aforementioned posts, you'll find that this board can be very knowledgeable. Happy posting.

If the game ends and you're no longer drunk, it's not a real sport.

643120[/snapback]

Hence - cricket is amazing. You are guaranteed to still be drunk - it's at least 4 days of solid drinking.

Of course you are all focussed on the Test Match (5 day) version of the game. You are forgetting the One day game and the much much shorter 20/20 version, which lasts no longer than a football game.