Grady Jackson looking for a home

This could be a long shot but I know he battles the weight issue. If we are in the market for a two gap guy and last time I checked we are, he may be the one.He has some upside, is still relatively young.

639094[/snapback]

how old is he?

This could be a long shot but I know he battles the weight issue. If we are in the market for a two gap guy and last time I checked we are, he may be the one.He has some upside, is still relatively young.

639094[/snapback]

He's shopping around...

BY MARK CURNUTTE | CINCINNATI ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER 03/22/06

"At the same time, the Bengals remain on the radar of former Packers defensive tackle Grady Jackson. He played for Bengals defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan in Oakland.

Jackson is headed today for a visit in Atlanta. The Bengals, Giants and Rams all have expressed interest in the 345-pound, nine-year veteran."

He's shopping around...

BY MARK CURNUTTE | CINCINNATI ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER 03/22/06

"At the same time, the Bengals remain on the radar of former Packers defensive tackle Grady Jackson. He played for Bengals defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan in Oakland.

Jackson is headed today for a visit in Atlanta. The Bengals, Giants and Rams all have expressed interest in the 345-pound, nine-year veteran."

639115[/snapback]

I dont think he would be a bad addition, but he wants a 3yr 12mil. contract according to ESPN. Alot of dough at this stage in the game.

I'll just keep posting this every time someone mentions a fat DT :doh:

From Kollar's quotes in the BB.com def coaches interview:

Are you looking for some bulk inside to complete the guys you have?

BK: How our scheme is set up I don't think you need a guy that is 350 or 400 pounds to stop the run. In St. Louis we had a guy that was 280 pounds and they didn't run on him. You've got to play with leverage and you've got to run to the ball. It takes all 11 guys to stop the run. The defensive tackles get blamed for getting ripped but you've got linebackers behind them and you've got safeties behind them. It takes everybody to be in the right gaps, playing the correct technique and running to the football. If somebody does break out you want somebody there to track him down. But some teams feel opposite and want that guy there that is 350 or 375. We don't feel that way. We want our guys in good condition where they can play an entire game and run to the ball every snap.

def coaches interview