Don't the Bills need a real tackle?

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets are expected to visit with free agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles) Tuesday, March 21.

So were are the Bills in this hunt, what are they waiting for?

637391[/snapback]

Apparantly waiting to draft a QB.

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets are expected to visit with free agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles) Tuesday, March 21.

So were are the Bills in this hunt, what are they waiting for?

637391[/snapback]

Probably at the dock..............Going to miss the boat ,again! :devil:

Again how do you know this man fits the Bills scheme. I personally want to see Gandy and Peters staying at the tackle position because there both fast. I want fast tackles and hogs up front in the middle. The inside is what killed us last year, not the outside. Bennie Anderson and Teague were horrible. Guards and centers are what we need. Not tackles IMO.

From what I've heard/read, besdies Fergerson, there isn't any first round tackles in the draft, so I'd prefer the Bills take a tackle in the 2nd round, let him sit and watch his rookie year, and start Gandy. He didn't do terrible there last year. Then sign a good quality FA guard or center. To me that makes more sense as a guard comes alot cheaper than a tackle. Then inside have CV, Preston and FA and DP plays whichever position FA doesn't play since he can play guard or center. The other tackle is still JP

Again how do you know this man fits the Bills scheme. I personally want to see Gandy and Peters staying at the tackle position because there both fast. I want fast tackles and hogs up front in the middle. The inside is what killed us last year, not the outside. Bennie Anderson and Teague were horrible. Guards and centers are what we need. Not tackles IMO.

637398[/snapback]

I don't think that either tackle, especially Gandy is as bad as some fans percieved. Really how many games did he get abused? I think Peters is a decent tackle in the making. Even though Mike Williams is considered a bust, we did miss his run blocking once he got hurt. Since Runyan specialty is suppose to be run blocking we could sign him and either move Peters to LT or stick with Gandy for like you said the real problem with this line was between the tackles, Villareal included. Hopefully if we sign Wells and he is a stud and we find a center; either Duke or a FA who is better at holding his ground and pushing the pile than Teague maybe we can make some process. No team can have and keep a Pro Bowler at every position on the team so while Peters and Gandy aren't All-Pro they are adequate, especially at pass blocking.

I don't think that either tackle, especially Gandy is as bad as some fans percieved. Really how many games did he get abused?

637494[/snapback]

Exactly. The inside rush was the problem. Gandy and Peters more than held there own.

start Gandy.  He didn't do terrible there last year.  Then sign a good quality FA guard or center.  To me that makes more sense as a guard comes alot cheaper than a tackle.  Then inside have CV, Preston and FA and DP plays whichever position FA doesn't play since he can play guard or center.  The other tackle is still JP

637491[/snapback]

This thing about Gandy and Peters not doing terribly is a bunch of crap....

The fact that our starting QB(s) had so less time to make a play before

running for their life should indicate that the entire OL had a poor season

as a whole as well as individual parts....

Also, the fact that we had ONE 100 yard rushing game since Peters replaced

Mike Williams as the starting RT (and that too against the doggone last

placed Jets) tells me both were horribly average.........

One thing that kind of urks me about the old regime is that they let Ross Tucker go. I thought the guy played better than Anderson and had alot of upside (and a great attitude). He goes to the Patriots and signs with them. He graduated from Princeston so he has probably more intellengence than alot of linemen. The Patriots haven't resigned Neal.. But did resign Ross. Is Tucker Neals replacement?

This thing about Gandy and Peters not doing terribly is a bunch of crap....

The fact that our starting QB(s) had so less time to make a play before

running for their life should indicate that the entire OL had a poor season

as a whole as well as individual parts....

Also, the fact that we had ONE 100 yard rushing game since Peters replaced

Mike Williams as the starting RT (and that too against the doggone last

placed Jets) tells me both were horribly average.........

637527[/snapback]

I think that attributes more to Willis being highly overated and unmotivated to tell you the truth. Willis played like a girl last year. When Henry was behind him he played with a purpose.