To all who say 7 games isn't enough to judge JP

Is this what happens when Air Force gets new unis, and Marines think that AF stole the design?

637317[/snapback]

Really, I hadn't heard that before. Where did you hear the Af stole the design? I think you're making that sh-- up. :devil:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much time has Losman logged behind a solid Oline?  5 minutes?  I'm going back to the abortions he had at Tulane as well.  Guy doesn't work miracles so he's crap.  How much was Mularky f'ing him over?  In my view, plenty.

636833[/snapback]

So let me get this straight - we've never seen production from a guy, but he's never had a solid team around him. Therefore we can't consider cutting him until he's had a few years starting on a good team.

Where do I sign up as a Buffalo Bills QB?

there is one component everybody seem to forget is the play calling sure did not help JP last year. It was amazing what he did in Miami with three TD to Evens. It was like that all year long score on the frist drive with decent play calling. Then Mularkadump and Clemens would have brain Farts the rest of the game. The Point being it was not all JP.

p.s. my spelling sucks get over it.

Man, you really know how to piss me off.    If Losman gets hurt again this year, are you still going to say that "he hasn't had a full year."

I'm all for letting Losman develop - but Losman *must* at least play at the level of "bad" or above.  Note, I am not even saying that Losman has to be "good" - heck, I'm not even saying that he has to be "mediocre."  I'm just asking for him to be "bad" (or higher.)  And if Losman trots out two sub-50% completion stinkers again this year like he did last year, then he absolutely better find himself on the bench.

JDG

636871[/snapback]

I don't even care that much about his level of play (although in his third season I suppose I should start).

What I want to see is flashes of brilliance between the bone-headed mistakes; that's what you look for in a rookie qb. I havn't seen it at all.

Here's a list of QB's JDG would have cut if he was ever a GM based on one to two years performance:

1) Peyton Manning

2) Brett Favre

3) Carson Palmer

4) Drew Brees

5) Eli Manning

FACE FACTS!  Very few QB's look good after 7 starts.  Most are in fact, TERRIBLE.

636878[/snapback]

The difference is that they occasionally showed you something special in between the bad plays. I havn't seen it from JP.

I still don't understand people's "connection" to JP.

Me neither. Funny thing is they're the same people who now say TD was the worst GM ever. Maybe they're just optimists. Maybe they want to be able to say "we got the best of Dallas/Parcells in that trade". I really don't know what it is, but I don't understand it. Based on the track record of the GM finding QB's and the performance of JP last year, I don't see much to be optimistic about. Of course he's young and all that and I didn't expect him to be a superstar, but he really could not have played much worse. Lee Evans made a couple plays for him vs. Miami & KC and it was just very very ugly outside of that. I mean I thought Carolina was one of his better games and was happy to see him show some poise on a couple 4th down plays but we still could not even get the ball in the endzone that game.

So let me get this straight - we've never seen production from a guy,  but he's never had a solid team around him.  Therefore we can't consider cutting him until he's had a few years starting on a good team.

Where do I sign up as a Buffalo Bills QB?

637320[/snapback]

Never seen production from JP?

Christ, this gets better everyday.

The retards are coming out of the wood work.

Really, I hadn't heard that before.  Where did you hear the Af stole the design?  I think you're making that sh-- up.  :devil:

637319[/snapback]

I overheard a couple talking about it at the Billy Joel concert.

I overheard a couple talking about it at the Billy Joel concert.

637334[/snapback]

Except what you read, ws Army, and is a fact:

http://www.dtc.army.mil/ig/igdesk/newACU.html

or

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_..._36/ai_n6355313

Q.5 Why was the digitized print chosen over the more traditional camouflage?

There are a number of potentially effective technologies to provide effective camouflage. The ACU leveraged a digitized print developed by the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC). The Army modified the USMC pattern and used alternate colors to provide an effective camouflage in multiple environments.

But go ahead and keep being a sanctimonious prick rather then get it right.

But go ahead and keep being a sanctimonious prick rather then get it right.

637340[/snapback]

Sheesh, not only the unis, but the marshmellows were missing from Lucky Charms this morning?

OK, I'll ask this again...

I see business reasons involved here, as well as football. Everyone who is saying get rid of Losman, what do you want to see happen for a QB?

And if you say draft one, I can't see the upside.

Yeah since opinions that are different then your are so stupid. 

Nah, just yours are.

Wow, you're the man. 

You're so flustered that you repeat back a line from my post? How very original.

Some day maybe I too can be like you, a moron you complains about everyone elses opinions. 

Dear kettle, please learn the proper use of punctuation...

I wish I knew everything like you do, I would be as rich as Bill Gates, and as revered as Albert Einstein for my intelligence.  Since obviously you are on that level, of all knowing and all seeing.  Why don't you share with us commoners on occassion?   :devil:

Poor VA, desperately trying to win life's popularity contest. I hear there's a sale on Jordache and Air Jordan's at the mall.

there is one component everybody seem to forget is the play calling sure did not help JP last year. It was amazing what he did in Miami with three TD  to Evens. It was like that all year long score on the frist drive with decent play calling. Then Mularkadump and Clemens would have brain Farts the rest of the game. The Point being it was not all JP.

p.s. my spelling sucks get over it.

637323[/snapback]

Actually, it's been covered a few times. Tends to get lost in a 600 post mass stupidity thread.

Very good thread...I agree completely! He's had plenty of time to mature and get his sh-- together. If he doesn't have it, then i'm sure the Bills front office will let the axe fall. I still don't understand people's "connection" to JP. He's had 2 great quarters so far...and countless horrible others. I hope he does get it together but if not...Please give it up...another TD disaster.

636683[/snapback]

The only problem with your argument is, what was provided in front of him

to protect him....JPs report card is incomplete due to two facts:

1. The OL was horrible in protecting the QB

2. Mularkey and his veteran players did a sh-- job of protecting their you g

QB and taking the pressure of him.

If I remember correctly, he played a good game against the Texans and also

against the Panthers.....and finally had a heck of a game against the fish, before

our defense tanked on us in the 4th qtr....

I bet if we can use JP to move up in the draft or get a player of value, JP will be gone. Otherwise, someone has to be the odd man out... and cutting Holcomb is more cap friendly...

636687[/snapback]

Holcomb is the perfect QB that you don't want to have.....He is not a starting

caliber QB, but better than a backup QB.....This characteristics of his play

gives Coaches the false hopes that he will become a starting QB.....This causes

the coaches to jump to his side everytime their starting QB falters....but every

time he makes just that amount of plays to wrest the starting QB only to falter

in the next few....bottom line is he is a teaser....

Having a player like that causes only controversy.....Assuming we did not

have Holcomb at backup, at least we would have let JP play the last 4 games

irrespective of how he fared in them and then either he is your franchise QB

or the Buffalo Bills move on.

According to Jim Kelly, because of the musical QB's last year, the jury is still out on JP.  They just don't know for sure & unless he plays.... they won't know. Mularkey coached for his job, not the team.

Were the Chargers able to evaluate Brees after 7 games???

Uh, I don't think so. :P

636699[/snapback]

Every single point of yours hit the nail right on the head.....

I just wished we never had Holcomb in the 1st place as the backup QB....That

was the bigger mistake made by TD....That gave Mularkey the option to go to

a second QB hoping for a miracle rather than playing your young QB throuh

the growing pains....like a Peyton or even a Eli Manning did....including a

Drew Brees.

Does that include David Klingler, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, Cade McNown, and Joey Harrington?

Yes, QB X was very bad in his first few years and became good, but in a lot of cases QB X was very bad in his first few years and *was* just plain really, really, bad.

JDG

636795[/snapback]

But you have to go through the bad to get to the good. Can't just sit around and draft number one qbs until one hits right out of the chute. Your luck just won't be good enough.

What's better? six players of 1.5 years each of stink and 0 years good (9 seasons). Or, 2 players with 2.5 yrs stink and 4 years good (9 seasons, 1 washout and 1 keeper for 4 good years).

BTW, having a good Qb provides an opportunity to bring along the backup for 3-4 years of development. That is part of the importance of having a reliable starter - it keeps the francise stable. And even when the starter is gone, there can be additional years that are a result of the good play of that qb. For instance, SF for a long time had Montana - Young. Montana made Young because Young didn't have to get shelled his first 2-3 years.

Which makes me wonder what happened with Kelly? Maybe in retrospect, we should have contiuned to play todd collins longer? Or Reich for 2 years and groomed a good replacement. It seems that our fortunes took a turn because we were not able to plug in our own Steve Young.

Holcomb is the perfect QB that you don't want to have.....He is not a starting

caliber QB, but better than a  backup QB.....This characteristics of his play

gives Coaches the false hopes that he will become a starting QB.....This causes

the coaches to jump to his side everytime their starting QB falters....but every

time he makes just that amount of plays to wrest the starting QB only to falter

in the next few....bottom line is he is a teaser....

Having a player like that causes only controversy.....Assuming we did not

have Holcomb at backup, at least we would have let JP play the last 4 games

irrespective of how he fared in them and then either he is your franchise QB

or the Buffalo Bills move on.

637475[/snapback]

I find it hard to agree on this logic "that player is a little too good" as much as the logic " we never should have won that Cincinatti game."

Nah, just yours are.

You're so flustered that you repeat back a line from my post?  How very original.

Dear kettle, please learn the proper use of punctuation...

Poor VA, desperately trying to win life's popularity contest.  I hear there's a sale on Jordache and Air Jordan's at the mall.

637422[/snapback]

AD I must commend you on your consistency.