3 steps back, 1 step forward

Arizona papers report Wells will be in Arizona next season- not one bit surprised. We didn't make a strong enough push for Ryan Pickett but the worst move which will be throwing away cash is the Josh Reed signing. That move was desperate and brutal. Israel Idonije has a 60 percent chance of staying in Chicago and yes I believe he will. I have always been an optimistic observer-and yes I like Marv's approach of bringing in youth but they aren't bringing them in. We really lost so far. Josh Reed is just a flat out bad signing-stunned and disappointed. Granted Moulds will be released but wait til draft for a receiver. This is definitely a rebuilding year but I have seen limited to no progress.

You got it right G.

From the day the CBA was signed till today the other teams in the division have gotten better. They have brought talent in and have gotten them signed. The Bills have yet to address one need. One Need. A 5-11 team that was lucky to get most of the 5 wins has huge holes it neeeds to fill and the Bills have not addressed one. They are out there signing other teams third stringers. This team needs players who can start. When you are 11-5 you can take chancers and tweak your depth. Depth means nothing if you don't have starters. :lol:

I think Marv and Tom are doing the right thing. They are now signing some quality players to compete for starting jobs. We are coming into the draft here shortly. Let's try and hold 100% judgement until September 1st and see what happens.

I think Marv and Tom are doing the right thing. They are now signing some quality players to compete for starting jobs. We are coming into the draft here shortly. Let's try and hold 100% judgement until September 1st and see what happens.

635265[/snapback]

Who are the quality players? Have they been announced? I have yet to see one player signed that can be considered better then the player they are replacing. It would be great if a miracle happened and Marv drafted seven rookies who can start. But that just doesn't happen. I think some of you old timers are just punch drunk. The Bills were not an underachieving 5-11. They deserved that record. That record reflects the talent on the team. Bringing in third stringers doesn't help change that. :lol:

Naw, they should be signing every high-priced, name FA out there.  That's the ONLY way to get better.  Or so I've been told.

635273[/snapback]

Exactly. Since Marv has been out of the action for 8 years, he should only focus on people we have heard of, because his knowledge of NFL personnel is lacking the experts here. What is he doing tendering offers to youngsters, who only two people on this board heard of before last week?

I do not want "Terrell Owens" and other "name" players. I truly like the players Marv has brought in - actually I love the players Marv has brought in for visits but SIGN THEM- we haven't pushed hard enough for them. We have made offers which are touchable and thus not successful. Pickett, Wells, and Idonije(who I feel could be a down version of Simon Fletcher) I loved all three but were not creative enough.

I'm reluctant to reply to such drivel, but its Sunday morning and I'm bored so what the heck.

Exactly what should Marv and company be doing? I see all this complaining, but little in the way of reality. Should we sign Wells with a 10mill signing bonus? I bet AZ wouldn't match that. Should we have went all out and signed Drew Breeze? Sure, spend all our money and get a qb who may or may not recover from surgery, only to have him play behind the same crap line that's gotten every qb here in the last several years creamed. And now because we spent all our cap on a qb and 1 lineman, it won't get better.

I imagine the people posting that we should be doing more are the ones that go all in if they have a queen, king draw when they play poker. No patience, no understanding of what it takes to win, and no idea of how to really build something with longevity. That's all I'm seeing here.

Oh yeah and I forgot... what have everyone else in our division done that's so great? Because at this point, I can't see it. Sure they've made moves, but so have we. Its all a wash until games are played.