Moulds likely to be cut very soon!

And I understand the sentiment. I just don't think the Bills will find a replacement that's better than EM, and it's not like he's pulling a T.O and asking the Bills to renegotiate...quite the opposite - he just wants the Bills to honor the contract they signed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I understand the sentiment.  I just don't think the Bills will find a replacement that's better than EM, and it's not like he's pulling a T.O and asking the Bills to renegotiate...quite the opposite - he just wants the Bills to honor the contract they signed.

636665[/snapback]

The thing that I am asking you to consider most is that if the Bills cut Moulds, they will not only gain 5 mil. in cap space this year, but more than this in 07. Please think about this.....the cap will go up, and they would be free of the huge salaries of Moulds, Williams, and others in 07!!!

The Bills would be sitting on millions upon millions in cap room next season. If the Bills have a not so great season in 06, they will also draft early, after having done so this year (along with having an extra 3rd).

I am just of the opinion that our resources should not go to old, under-productive malcontents. The young players that we bring in do not need a quitter as a role model. As a Bills Fan, yeah....I have had enough of Eric Moulds.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be a pretty good WR core except I think Parrish should try playing slot instead of Reed.

634232[/snapback]

Being undersized and considering his speed, Parrish may be better wide where he'll rarely be covered by a linebacker.

The thing that I am asking you to consider most is that if the Bills cut Moulds, they will not only gain 5 mil. in cap space this year, but more than this in 07. Please think about this.....the cap will go up, and they would be free of the huge salaries of Moulds, Williams, and others in 07!!!

The Bills would be sitting on millions upon millions in cap room next season. If the Bills have a not so great season in 06, they will also draft early, after having done so this year (along with having an extra 3rd).

I am just of the opinion that our resources should not go to old, under-productive malcontents. The young players that we bring in do not need a quitter as a role model. As a Bills Fan, yeah....I have had enough of Eric Moulds.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bills could keep Moulds for this year and with the new provision in the CBA, cut him prior to June 1st next year and incur about a $1.8M cap hit for 2007 (and 2008). Given that the cap will rise by $5M, the Bills can easily afford to do that.

The Bills could keep Moulds for this year and with the new provision in the CBA, cut him prior to June 1st next year and incur about a $1.8M cap hit for 2007 (and 2008).  Given that the cap will rise by $5M, the Bills can easily afford to do that.

636743[/snapback]

That's possible? Haven't heard that before. That could work,but we might need the money before than if we sign several more players.

Very true. It is hard to find receivers who have 4 touchdowns in 15 football games, let alone a whopping 10.1 ypc!

Now, if you can find one who quits on his football team against their biggest rival, he is truly a keeper.

The Bills should not only keep him, they should give him a raise and extend his contract so we can have him long term.

Eric Moulds has a HUGE long term interest in our franchise, and is just what the Buffalo Bills Football Team needs. I don't see what the hesitation is all about.

636651[/snapback]

Yeah, easy to say, when you have a freakin' offensive line that sucks ass and doesn't give the QB time to do anything.

Like I said before, contracts don't mean squat in the NFL. Moulds is still a playmaker and I'm sticking to it. The Bills are boneheads on this one.

Simply put, moulds is not worth the money he is commanding. While Evans and Reed were in buffalo during the last offseason working w/ JPL EM was not. That is a big reason why Evans and Reed were bigger targets to JPL and moulds was not. that being said, Let's see how they all get along this year.

Being undersized and considering his speed, Parrish may be better wide where he'll rarely be covered by a linebacker.

636700[/snapback]

Parrish seemingly needs to play slot where it is more difficult for a defender to get a good jam on him. I have NO problem at all with LBs trying to keep up with Parrish.

Without a replacement for Moulds, I'm changing my tune on cutting him.  However if he DOES stay under his current contract, the Bills have to demand that he stay in Buffalo over the off-season and workout with the QB's.

636673[/snapback]

there's a reason those practices are "voluntary"

Moulds is like Drew, too good to work out in Buffalo with the rest of the team in the off-season.

The Bills could keep Moulds for this year and with the new provision in the CBA, cut him prior to June 1st next year and incur about a $1.8M cap hit for 2007 (and 2008).  Given that the cap will rise by $5M, the Bills can easily afford to do that.

636743[/snapback]

2007 is the last year of his contract.

If he is cut in 2007, whatever is left of unamortized bonus money would hit the cap in 2007.

636685[/snapback]

i am not so concerned about this, as i believe we are fast approaching the day when the bills intentionally do not spend up to the cap...