Ramsey to Jets for 6th

Not sure if this has been posted, but the Jets are getting a lot for what they're spending. Ramsey is far from shoring their lot at QB, but gives them options heading into the remainder of free agency and the draft-- and is far superior to who they'd have acquired on the second day of the draft.

I'd like to see the Bills be players in moves such as these. Lower yield draft picks are going a long way in trade scenarios this offseason.

Not sure if this has been posted, but the Jets are getting a lot for what they're shipping. 

I'd like to see the Bills be players in moves like this.

633722[/snapback]

Yes - a very cheap price for a trade. but I wonder...does Ramsey come with significant contract $$$ obligation for the Jets to have to eat? Dunno...

$1.668 million for the upcoming season, which is the last on the contract. Good move on the Jets part.

633742[/snapback]

I think that the $1.668 was the Skins Cap savings by trading him, though I will check.

Actually, I think that his salary is only $1,194M this season. See below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2341755

What remains viable is that two divisional opponents have substantially improved, if not fortified, their offenses by acquiring QB's without surrendering a first rounder (in the Jets case, without surrendering anything more than a prospective special-teamer).

I have no interest in foraging into names or positions headlong or without foresight, but it would be nice to see our front office work more aggressively toward larger yield prospects-- and not simply the depth-line or role-players we've been turnstyling in.

What remains viable is that two divisional opponents have substantially improved, if not fortified, their offenses by acquiring QB's without surrendering a first rounder (in the Jets case, without surrendering anything more than a prospective special-teamer).

I have no interest in foraging into names or positions headlong or without foresight, but it would be nice to see our front office work more aggressively toward larger yield prospects-- and not simply the depth-line or role-players we've been turnstyling in.

633775[/snapback]

Patrick Ramsey might've taken one too many hits the past few seasons and be damaged goods, but for the price the jets gave for him it's well worth the risk. I think a healthy pennington is better then a healthy ramsey though.

Just reported on Sirius two minute drill

Jets may get rid of Abraham now - no need for Schaub.

I was worried about Schaub.  Happy to play against Ramsey

We can battle it out for the worst Tulane QB

633797[/snapback]

Well we all know what this means the Jets are almost certain to take Furgeson. Looks like we are going to trade down. Bunkley anyone.

Patrick Ramsey might've taken one too many hits the past few seasons and be damaged goods, but for the price the jets gave for him it's well worth the risk.  I think a healthy pennington is better then a healthy ramsey though.

633810[/snapback]

A agree, but Ramsey represents a better insurance policy than the two-headed monster of Fielder-Bollinger.

wow, the jets got him for two chickens and a pig. I've always liked ramsey and think that his career was WRECKED by spurrier, who didn't quite get NFL protections, nor give it much weight. I'm surprised there wasn't more interest in him around the league.

A 6th round pick? For a 1st round QB who is still young? Jeeez.

Great deal for the Jets. Pennington may be finished and Ramsey was totally misued by the Redskins. Ramsey is bright, has a decent arm, and was drained of his confidence the way he was used.

This whole expectation that young quarterbackes with an upside should be able to produce out of the gate is ridiculous. I'm trying to give JP a break here.

a 6th round pick for Ramsey is an absolute steal...and with Pennington being damaged goods, I think there is still a chance they grab a QB....but that chance has dropped significantly. RB or OT wouldnt surprise me now. Heck if the Jets get a 1st rounder for Abraham...I wouldnt be surprised if they traded the 4th pick and maybe the 31st to Houston for the Number 1 to take Reggie Bush. Houston would like to trade down and fill holes...and D'Brick is more of what they need in Houston than another running back.