S Tank Williams

ROCCEO

I talked yesterday with a good friend who has legitimate inside sources at the titans(he used to work for them, was on the sidelines for every game and constantly around the players). He said that Tank(and WR Tyrone Calico for that matter) was about 50% last year because of a previous injury. He also said that Tank was a solid player and that hed be a good pickup for the Bills. Ive been thinking it for a while but I wanted to ask the inside man to see what he thought. The guys has a ton of experience, hes a hard hitter and he's young. IF the bills bring this guy in to compete for SS I think we'd be in good shape.

I talked yesterday with a good friend who has legitimate inside sources at the titans(he used to work for them, was on the sidelines for every game and constantly around the players).  He said that Tank(and WR Tyrone Calico for that matter) was about 50% last year because of a previous injury.  He also said that Tank was a solid player and that hed be a good pickup for the Bills.  Ive been thinking it for a while but I wanted to ask the inside man to see what he thought.  The guys has a ton of experience, hes a hard hitter and he's young.  IF the bills bring this guy in to compete for SS I think we'd be in good shape.

633456[/snapback]

Me too! But for some reason I think Marv will not visit w/ him.

Yeah the bowen thing really bothers me. He sucks real bad. Ive watched at lesat 8-10 redskins games the past few years. One word comes to mind.....INADEQUATE. Its like the year we signed billy jenkins and izell reese. Who was that guy from teh colts who retired for us shortly thereafter. what a joke. I liked it better when both of our safeties were overpaid. I bet anything that our next starting SS is none other than THE one and and only RASHAD BAKER

I talked yesterday with a good friend who has legitimate inside sources at the titans(he used to work for them, was on the sidelines for every game and constantly around the players).  He said that Tank(and WR Tyrone Calico for that matter) was about 50% last year because of a previous injury.  He also said that Tank was a solid player and that hed be a good pickup for the Bills.  Ive been thinking it for a while but I wanted to ask the inside man to see what he thought.  The guys has a ton of experience, hes a hard hitter and he's young.  IF the bills bring this guy in to compete for SS I think we'd be in good shape.

633456[/snapback]

Tank is an in-the-box SS and not a good fit for our Cover 2 D.

633456[/snapback]

So you are getting tips from a guy who works on the chain gang in Tenn.??

Guest BackInDaDay
Tank is an in-the-box SS and not a good fit for our Cover 2 D.

633475[/snapback]

Agree. Bowen seems capable of covering a lot of ground. This may reduce the responsibilities of the defender Fewell decides to drop into that mid-deep 1/3.

BTW - I don't think that defender is on our roster yet. Either that, or it won't be the TBC2.

If we end up with Rashad Baker at SS, we are in trouble. By my count he singlehandedly cost us 2 games last year with poor tackling (missed tackles in 1-on-1 situations at the end of games). Don't tremember which 2 games they were, but he sure made a lasting impression on me.

If we end up with Rashad Baker at SS, we are in trouble.  By my count he singlehandedly cost us 2 games last year with poor tackling (missed tackles in 1-on-1 situations at the end of games).  Don't tremember which 2 games they were, but he sure made a lasting impression on me.

633598[/snapback]

And then he has game like he had vs KC where he shows he can indeed be a player. I like Baker because I think he has it. Maybe I'm off base, but everytime I've seen him play he's generally around the ball and brings a physical presnece to the game. We know what we have in Coy Wire. Matt Bowen hasn't exactaly lit the world on fire. Why not give Baker a shot?

And then he has game like he had vs KC where he shows he can indeed be a player.  I like Baker because  I think he has it. Maybe I'm off base, but everytime I've seen him play he's generally around the ball and brings a physical presnece to the game.  We know what we have in Coy Wire.  Matt Bowen hasn't exactaly lit the world on fire. Why not give Baker a shot?

633685[/snapback]

Totally agreed. Baker is young, so you'll see some mistakes, but he's a player.

If we end up with Rashad Baker at SS, we are in trouble.  By my count he singlehandedly cost us 2 games last year with poor tackling (missed tackles in 1-on-1 situations at the end of games).  Don't tremember which 2 games they were, but he sure made a lasting impression on me.

633598[/snapback]

Interesting. I don't get many Bills games here in Youngstown, but I did get the

Raiders game last year. He had some serious problems in that game, but everything I've read about the guy seems to indicate that he has a strong upside.

Lack of experience seems to be his biggest problem, especially when it comes to tackling in the backfield, where it's critical to take the proper angle on a receiver or back.