Don't eat at Denny's

ACor58

3 Shootings this week...wow.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/restaurant_shooting

633390[/snapback]

I learned never to patronize the local ones here - they are franchised on the cheap - poor service, runny eggs, cold toast, bacon like rubber bands, employees getting stiffed out of pay, etc.

Bad about the shootings. But CA hates folks having firearms to protect themselves and deter the crumbs...self-fulfilling prophesy.... :lol:

I worked at the Denny's in West Seneca during college. There was a guy that was grabbed by the mob in the lot and killed in the woods across the street.

He was sitting nervously at the counter looking around. He had coffee and left. His car was found around the back of the restaurant and they found his body the next day across the street in the woods by the abandonded bridge there, meaning that the mob goons that got him were waiting outside.

The Dennys in California were also practicing discrimination against black patrons in the early 90s. I worked for the company handling the claim forms, and there was some pretty bad things going on. Customers being told that the restaurant was "out of water," "We don't serve watermelons here," and other equally bad things. It was pretty disgusting.

Of course, lots of the claim forms were lies from people who had never even entered Dennys before. As is the American Way, some people setup a scam where they sold you a story (the same one, over and over and over) for $20 so you could get in on the claim. Sad part is, I think that $20 was more than the claiments received (mainly due to the fraudulant claims because there was no way to guarantee that the person was lying without incurring a LOT of extra cost). Oh well...

Because of that, I never go to Dennys anymore (it helps that their food sucks :lol: ).

CW

The Dennys in California were also practicing discrimination against black patrons in the early 90s.  I worked for the company handling the claim forms, and there was some pretty bad things going on.  Customers being told that the restaurant was "out of water," "We don't serve watermelons here," and other equally bad things.  It was pretty disgusting.

Of course, lots of the claim forms were lies from people who had never even entered Dennys before.  As is the American Way, some people setup a scam where they sold you a story (the same one, over and over and over) for $20 so you could get in on the claim.  Sad part is, I think that $20 was more than the claiments received (mainly due to the fraudulant claims because there was no way to guarantee that the person was lying without incurring a LOT of extra cost).  Oh well...

Because of that, I never go to Dennys anymore (it helps that their food sucks :lol: ).

CW

633483[/snapback]

See also Federal section 8A set-asides...

I'd say that 99.99999% of the claim forms were fake. One of the cases that won I know was bogus.

There was a bus full of gospel singers that stopped late at night at a Denny's . When I worked there they would have a busboy, cook and 1 or 2 waitresses working the night shift and no manager from 1-6 AM. The waitress at that Denny's said they could stay there, but it would take a few hours to serve them all or they could go down the road to another one next to the interstste that was better staffed. They sued saying that the first Denny's wouldn't serve them.

I'll go with Shoney's breakfast bar.

633535[/snapback]

They left SW Ohio several years ago. But I thought they were a pretty good outfit, at least the local one. I felt they must have had a good manager there - the joint was clean, the staff never rolled their eyes, etc.

I hope the guy got a good job when the place closed down. I bet he did...

I worked at the Denny's in West Seneca during college.  There was a guy that was grabbed by the mob in the lot and killed in the woods across the street.

He was sitting nervously at the counter looking around. He had coffee and left. His car was found around the back of the restaurant and they found his body the next day across the street in the woods by the abandonded bridge there, meaning that the mob goons that got him were waiting outside.

633469[/snapback]

No Grand Slam Breakfast for him! :lol:

When I worked there in college, we went out for our lunch break to Pizza Hut or Arby's ar some other place. The food all starts tasting like burgers after a while, even the breakfasts.

One year I had to work the 3rd shift on St Patricks Day(was on a Saturday that year). At 7 AM, we went to Como Park to have our party.