Maybe what this team needs is.....

A little fan support! Reading these and other boards MANY people have negative outlooks on the upcoming season. Although people are entitled to thier opinions I personally cannot look at the glass as half empty. This season MAY turn out to be a lost cause but I dont see it that way. We have THE BEST special teams unit in the entire league. That is definitly something to hang your hat on. Bobby April(the best coach this town has seen since Levy) was promoted to assistant head coach and IMO this will have a HUGE impact on the whole team. ST play thier hearts out for the guy and now he has input on the whole team. Lets get behind this team and show them that we BILLIEVE!!!

SHOCK THE WORLD 06'!!!! The stampede is coming and I CANT WAIT!!

Who's with me???

Talkin Proud Baby!!!!

A little fan support! Reading these and other boards MANY people have negative outlooks on the upcoming season. Although people are entitled to thier opinions I personally cannot look at the glass as half empty. This season MAY turn out to be a lost cause but I dont see it that way. We have THE BEST special teams unit in the entire league. That is definitly something to hang your hat on. Bobby April(the best coach this town has seen since Levy) was promoted to assistant head coach and IMO this will have a HUGE impact on the whole team. ST play thier hearts out for the guy and now he has input on the whole team. Lets get behind this team and show them that we BILLIEVE!!!

Who's with me???

Talkin Proud Baby!!!!

633313[/snapback]

Pass the pipe, maaan!

:lol:

Your optimism and enthusiasm are commendable, but you also need to temper it with a good dose of reality.

Our team has stunk (too put it mildly) for so many years now. They have not shown any consistent improvement. They have gone through coaching changes, mgmt changes, personnel changes and we still wind up heartbroken at the end of every season. And the one constant glaring weakness, season after season, has never been satisfactorally (sp) addressed - the O Line. And unfortunately, this off season that trend seems to be continuing.

The state of most of us, I would say, is more "show me the proof" than blindly shouting "yay team!", and you cant fault anyone for that.

Your optimism and enthusiasm are commendable, but you also need to temper it with a good dose of reality.

Our team has stunk (too put it mildly) for so many years now. They have not shown any consistent improvement. They have gone through coaching changes, mgmt changes, personnel changes and we still wind up heartbroken at the end of every season. And the one constant glaring weakness, season after season, has never been satisfactorally (sp) addressed - the O Line. And unfortunately, this off season that trend seems to be continuing.

The state of most of us, I would say, is more "show me the proof" than blindly shouting "yay team!", and you cant fault anyone for that.

633405[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said except for one...we are generally heart-broken well before the end of the season!

Who's with me???

Talkin Proud Baby!!!!

633313[/snapback]

LMAO................unbelievable.

633405[/snapback]

I dont fault anyone. Like i said thats thier opinion. I have followed this team since 84'. I have been through thick and thin with this team and have seen it all. As far as the O-line goes....the TALENT is there we just need CHEMISTRY which Mike Mularkey threw out the window last year with all the line shuffling. Now I agree our line could use some help and we SHOULD get it with Marv running the show. I know it has'nt happened yet, but when it does dont expect stellar line play off the bat. It takes a couple of years to form the Chemistry we need to have a stout line.

If it takes 2-3 years to get where we want to be then so be it. I would endure 20 years of embarresment if it brought us a championship. It comes with territory being a FAN. How do you think PATS fans felt when we were running the show? Probably how alot of BILLS fans feel right now. Our time will come just be POSITIVE and POSITIVE things will happen! :lol:

Guest BackInDaDay

Your heart's in the right place, kid, even if the post comes off like an old Up With People halftime show. Keep the faith. Go Bills!

This is what I mean . People with this "Yeah Right " attitude. It doesnt HELP the team in any way shape or form. Give the team some support and see what happens.

BTW I AM NOT some 14 year old poster who follows the team blindly. I am 26 years old and have an extensive football backround. I know the team is in dissaray right now. But i know if i was on the bills roster I wouldnt want to play for a bunch of fans with BAGS over thier heads. When I played in college a little support went A LONG WAY.

This is what I mean . People with this "Yeah Right " attitude. It doesnt HELP the team in any way shape or form. Give the team some support and see what happens.

BTW I AM NOT some 14 year old poster who follows the team blindly. I am 26 years old and have an extensive football backround. I know the team is in dissaray right now. But i know if i was on the bills roster I wouldnt want to play for a bunch of fans with BAGS over thier heads. When I played in college a little support went A LONG WAY.

633759[/snapback]

While I always appreciate some optimism it's not our faults this team hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years. It's not our fault the bills haven't had a semblence of a good offensive line. Not our fault they lost to pittsburgh 3rd string scrubs at home in a must win game. It's their fault. When the bills show any type of improvement of heading in the right direction on the field, then I'll show optomism, but either way I'll always support this team.

While I always appreciate some optimism  it's not our faults this team hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years.  It's not our fault the bills  haven't had a semblence of a good offensive line. Not our fault they lost to pittsburgh 3rd string scrubs at home in a must win game.  It's their fault.  When the bills show any type of improvement of heading in the right direction on the field, then I'll show optomism, but either way I'll always support this team.

633780[/snapback]

Point well taken. The players do have to hold up thier end of the bargain. But that was then and this is now and the old regime is gone. Dont we all as bills fans owe Marv the benifit of the doubt, at least for his first year at the helm. I mean the man hasnt even had his first draft yet.

If the same regime was still running and coaching the Bills I would probably be going right along with the Doom and Gloomers, but THeres a whole new coaching staf, new GM and a new gameplan for the next season which makes it extremely hard to be able to predict exactly what this team will and will not do next year.

Thats why I will hold out til atleast preseason before I pass judgement

Hello everyone, first post, long time reader.

I am glad to see some optimism on this forum, as such is rare for most of my daily stadium wall reading. I have nothing against those who post negative and angry statements regarding our beloved buffalo bills, to me it is more their love for the game and this team that brings out the emotion. Call it constructive criticism. I was born and raised in Salem, OR. My father attended the state university in buffalo, and given the lack of a close to home nfl franchise I latched onto the bills at a young age.

There is my history, (for all intensive purposes) and here comes my point.

Is there one person who did not have excitement in the Miami game when Lee Evans caught three TD passes in the in first quarter? Or how about when we actually beat KC? Yes we lost ended up with a loss to Miami and it was gut wrenching. Yes the KC bliss was short lived and not an impact in any way on the NFL or the league's view of the bills. But it was the press and other NFL fans nay- saying that made these events so energizing to a fan such as myself. I could actually SEE the bills making plays! Short bursts and short lived but WOW!

That being said, The struggle we all claim to hate actually has it's positives.

Hungry = more appreciation for that meal.

Dead broke = more appreciation for that scrill.

The "I told you so" is a dish just waiting to be served by (hopefully) millions of bills fans everywhere. If I could adequately describe the feeling in my veins as I watched the bills murder the Seahawks on November 28th, 2005, Goosebumps would soon follow.

Thank you for reading if you did, and here's to a more positive outlook on a good, bad, or even scattered 2006 season!

My two cents (most people would say 1/2 cent) is that free agency has changed everything about the NFL. I've also noticed that people who are very negative on this board also have very short memories:

In one year, the Rams went from 4-12 to 12-4. They also picked up a "nobody"

free agent from the Arena League by the name of Kurt Warner prior to their

12-4 season. NOBODY, not one sports reporter, not one NFL observer, thought the Rams were going to do anything.

The Colts went from 3-13 to 13-3 in one year.

These are just two examples. Am I saying the Bills will do the same? Absolutely not. We'll be lucky if they make the playoffs. They have too many holes to fill and even if they had gone out and signed all of the big name free agents, it still wouldn't have mattered. And not all big name free agents make a difference.

Remember when some reporters were picking the Raiders as their "dark horse" candidate for the Superbowl last year? Just because they signed Randy Moss.

Free agency has also changed the one factor that can make all the difference: Team chemistry. All you need are a few key injuries in your division (hate to say it but it's true) and some late season team chemistry and the playoffs are a possibility.