OT:The breakdown

BF_in_Indiana

Nice fact BF but paper means nothing in October man. Id take it easy if I were you or take a long vacation from this board if your team goes down.

Never count anyone out in the playoffs....

Yanks are always a different team. So are many others. Yanks or Boston in the NL would be a joke for them. NL cant hold doo doo to the AL this year...

Cards dont scare me too much. Stolen bases and speed is what the cards have? Stolen bases is a nill with Boston and NY catchers, those are the best in the business. Speed? You will need to hit first. Boston has great starters and no bullpen, Yanks starters are comming around and their bullpen will kill.... MR in the 9th in a clutch 98% of the time.

I do hope your team does well man, but dont base your world series on paper. If paper held any water then the Buffalo Bills would be trying to win their 5th super bowl....

Nice fact BF but paper means nothing in October man.  Id take it easy if I were you or take a long vacation from this board if your team goes down.

Never count anyone out in the playoffs....

Yanks are always a different team.  So are many others.  Yanks or Boston in the NL would be a joke for them.  NL cant hold doo doo to the AL this year...

Cards dont scare me too much.  Stolen bases and speed is what the cards have?  Stolen bases is a nill with Boston and NY catchers, those are the best in the business.  Speed?  You will need to hit first.  Boston has great starters and no bullpen, Yanks starters are comming around and their bullpen will kill.... MR in the 9th in a clutch 98% of the time.

I do hope your team does well man, but dont base your world series on paper.  If paper held any water then the Buffalo Bills would be trying to win their 5th super bowl....

47243[/snapback]

I just presented some information which I feel is important as we head into October. I never said it would pan out on the field.

The NL is no joke as the Yankees have found out the last two times they made the World Series. It's stronger this year then it was last year when Florida beat you guys.

The Cards have a terrific lineup...Walker, Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds, Renteria, scary. They've got 5 gold glove winners in their defense. Their starters have been extremely solid all year, 4 15 game winners. Their middle relief has been sturdy.

The closer, Isringhausen, is the guy who scares me the most, as a Cards fan...I don't trust him to get anybody out, ever. If they have a vulnerability, it is in the position of closer.

However, with that lineup on offense, it's possible they won't need an effective closer to advance.

#1. Regular Season stats are meaningless in the postseason.

#2. The Cardinals play in a different league than Boston and NY. You can't compare the stats between teams from different leagues especially when the AL has the DH.

#3. Anything can and usually does happen in the playoffs.

#4. Yankees Win World Series.

#1. Regular Season stats are meaningless in the postseason.

#2. The Cardinals play in a different league than Boston and NY. You can't compare the stats between teams from different leagues especially when the AL has the DH.

#3. Anything can and usually does happen in the playoffs.

#4. Yankees Win World Series.

47955[/snapback]

And I'm the one called cocky and I'm the one overlooking everyone..........

This is a typical Yankees fan right here.

Just ignore it BF....like I do when you get too tipsy about the Cards....

48421[/snapback]

LOL

Right now the Cards look like the team to beat, but BF you have to expect people to question the Cards a tad come playoff time because of their rotation, and yes they have been excellent all year, but you and I both know the playoffs are a different animal, What starter on that staff is TRULY playoff tested? Matt Morris has had his moments, so has Williams, but who else? Is Chris Carpenter going to be right for the playoffs? Those are questions just like with the Yankees rotation, yes the Yankees have experienced guys in their rotation, but will they be capable of coming up big in October based on their performance all year? Who knows for sure....

The Cards rotation may make other fans and so called "experts" look like fools who really knows, but starting pitching is SO important, that's why they are somewhat questioned.