What do you do for a living?

DC Mom

Does it affect how you eat? I worked at a grocery store in high school. I ended up losing weight (I was skinny to begin with) b/c the sight of food didn't make me hungry anymore.

633499[/snapback]

No. Other than the fact that sometimes I don't have time to eat. Always tasting never sitting down to eat.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in people's careers and how they got there. Part of this probably comes from some unhappiness of where I am now.

633360[/snapback]

Asst. VP of Strategic Planning at a hospital. Currently overseeing the design, construction, and development of a cardiac treatment center. Best of all, it is the US Virgin Islands, America's Caribbean Paradise !

It's OK, you can say you're with the IRS.  We won't say anything - it's too close to April 15th to draw your ire! :lol:

As for me, I don't have a job.  After years of sales and sales management, I had enough.  I've gone back to school to learn me somethin'.

633226[/snapback]

No, I don't work for the IRS. God that would be boring.

I'm a crook. And I love my job.

633692[/snapback]

Well, at least you were in office for only 5 years instead of 15 and didn't try to pack the Supreme Court, introduce federal supremacy, preside over the greatest grab of private land in US history, etc. That's a plus.

No.  Other than the fact that sometimes I don't have time to eat.  Always tasting never sitting down to eat.

633639[/snapback]

That's what did it for me. Here I was cooking some of the best food in town and when I got hungry I would cram a piece of cheesecake in my mouth. Not the healthiest of diets. I haven't been sick since I left the kitchen. But if I were to get sick, guess what, I can actually take a day off!

I beat that rap years ago, man. I did see you at Frenchy's a while back though.

633739[/snapback]

I was going to suggest a new handle, but "Ghost of Dick" probably isn't going to get you a lot of dates.

I'll be around, I have some liberals to haunt in Syracuse for a bit, but that shouldn't take long.

Bioinformaticist

633725[/snapback]

OK. I'll bite. WTF is that?

I've noticed a few jobs here I have no idea what they are. I don't even know what mine really means, but there's an on-line for my replacement if anyone wants it. We have to work a deal on the employee referral money, though.

OK. I'll bite. WTF is that?

I've noticed a few jobs here I have no idea what they are. I don't even know what mine really means, but there's an on-line for my replacement if anyone wants it. We have to work a deal on the employee referral money, though.

633807[/snapback]

Oops - sorry, with all the huss fuss in Buffalo these days about the Bioinformatics Center at UB, I didn't think it was that obscure.

Basically, I work on designing, building and supporting computer applications and databases that deal with data from biological research, in my cases, almost exclusively stuff related to the Human Genome Project.

Hope that helps. If not, this Wikipedia entry is pretty accurate:

Bioinformatics

Best,

Charles