Face Facts

Which is why I hope we get offers for our #8 pick to move down to the middle of the draft. If we can get another 2nd and we could see this team raising up for the ashes by 2007

Assuming that we have a good draft.

TDs drafts choices were for the most cases below average. We have a number of 2 rounders that are still 2nd string 3 years after they were drafted... those are the real busts on this team (Kelsay and the other slobs on the DL)

That is the main reason why the Bills are in trouble now and will be for at least 1 more year. Poor drafts.

JSP, that's actually the one thing that gives me a good feeling about Marv, is that he seems to still have a good relationship with Polian. I'd feel a little better about it if Polian wasn't in the AFC, but Polian always has something great to say about Marv and his judgment of talent. He may yet surprise us.

Correction: he didn't build sh-- before. Polian did. He just coached it.

631875[/snapback]

Who was sitting in that draft room with Bill.

Remember Marv got his way with Conlan and look how that turned out.

Do you need some valium? :devil:

How great would it be if one of the stud quartebacks drops to us. Then a team trades up for our pick with a first and a second this year and a first next year. Then we can pick up a good DT in the first round (probably not Ngata) and then have 2 2nd round and 2 3rd round draft picks to fill in our other holes to go with 2 1st round picks next year.

Now that would be ideal.

Thats what Levy will do too.

He built from the draft before and will do it again.

631869[/snapback]

I'm resigning myself to that thought also. Marv's gonna be conservative and take the same approach to building the team as they did in the 80s and 90s. Draft first, and then fill in with selected FA signings after the base is built.

Looks like it could be a long season.

I'm resigning myself to that thought also.  Marv's gonna be conservative and take the same approach to building the team as they did in the 80s and 90s.  Draft first, and then fill in with selected FA signings after the base is built.

Looks like it could be a long season.

631982[/snapback]

I want him to do this though. When you think about it, its smart. Because you never know who will fall to you in the draft even in the later rounds. Draft and then fill the holes that are left later. I think teams that go nuts in FA and than draft are retarded. Its never been benefial to teams who have done that.