My problem with Huff, and the 8 slot.

makbeer

If you truely believe that Huff will be a Safety instead of a DB, then there is no way you take him at #8. Hopefully, we will trade down, but if not you take the best available at the time. And it sure as hell better not be him.

I like trading down w/ Minn or getting Denver's picks.

The only players that you take from the University of Texas is RB's. All the rest suck. Prime Example: Mike Williams. They all smoke the peyote down there in Austin. : )

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if frogger means Anthony Smith from Syracuse.

629574[/snapback]

I know for a fact that he is.

I like Smith a lot, I watched him play the last few years. I thought he was a good player, however since Mel kiper felt the same way I thought I was wrong about him. But during the senior bowl, I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius, and the coaches singled him out in the interview just saying how impressed they were, he hits hard, and he is always around the ball. which made me take back how I felt post kiper.

6'0 200, with the potential to get bigger without losing speed. Also similar coaching as Huff.

The only players that you take from the University of Texas is RB's.  All the rest suck.  Prime Example: Mike Williams.  They all smoke the peyote down there in Austin. : )

630882[/snapback]

yeah.... ricky williams and cedric benson worked out realy well didnt they :doh:

If you truely believe that Huff will be a Safety instead of a DB, then there is no way you take him at #8.  Hopefully, we will trade down, but if not you take the best available at the time.  And it sure as hell better not be him.

630882[/snapback]

if you agree that huff is a great player, what does it matter if he is a corner or safety, we need safeties. huff probably will be the best player there, he is outstanding

yeah.... ricky williams and cedric benson worked out realy well didnt they  :doh:

632535[/snapback]

First off, I am not a UT homer.

Now, cedric has had one year. Let's see if he pans out.

You can't deny when Rickey was on the field he was a great RB. Yes, he is a headcase.

Priest Holmes also came from UT.

if you agree that huff is a great player, what does it matter if he is a corner or safety, we need safeties. huff probably will be the best player there, he is outstanding

632537[/snapback]

If Huff is going to be a great DB, then he is worth the #8 pick.

Now, if you were starting a football team would you rather have (with your #8 pick).

A franchise DT, DE or Safety?

Safeties are a dime a dozen. You can pick up a safety that is just as good as Huff at #8 as you could in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Roy Williams went #8 when he was drafted. Are you saying Huff is as good as Roy Williams?

If Huff is going to be a great DB, then he is worth the #8 pick.

Now, if you were starting a football team would you rather have (with your #8 pick).

A franchise DT, DE or Safety?

Safeties are a dime a dozen.  You can pick up a safety that is just as good as Huff at #8 as you could in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Roy Williams went #8 when he was drafted.  Are you saying Huff is as good as Roy Williams?

632745[/snapback]

i would take huff over ngata, but not mario

as far as roy williams is concerned, i think of huff as more of an ed reed type, not a great tackler but a playmaker, and i think he could be that good. There is nobody in the second round that has the upside that huff has, im not saying that there is no one that will turn out to be better, but huff is certainly the best shot at a great one, not a second or third rounder.

i would take huff over ngata, but not mario

as far as roy williams is concerned, i think of huff as more of an ed reed type, not a great tackler but a playmaker, and i think he could be that good. There is nobody in the second round that has the upside that huff has, im not saying that there is no one that will turn out to be better, but huff is certainly the best shot at a great one, not a second or third rounder.

632756[/snapback]

I guess it comes down to defensive philosophy. Personally, I would rather stop the run by having a young, stong defensive line.

I don't think the difference between the #1 SS and the #5 SS in the league is that great.