Moulds - Is he now a liability?

Let's get everyones honest opinions.

627791[/snapback]

I fully expect Marv to trade Moulds to a contending team. Bills just have to show they are willing/able to pay Moulds this year if they have to....BUT would be open to trade as well.....

Its a very thin market for Vet Wr's.....Moulds easily the best available

We must get something for him. He's still worth something in the NFL. Moulds is STILL a top notch receiver, you just don't let him go.

627794[/snapback]

Agreed. We cannot let him go w/o some sort of compensation.

I don't see how he's a liability.  His cap # is a bit of a liability, but not EM as a player.

627795[/snapback]

Not only that, but the market is showing that there aren't viable options out there to replace him either. EM is in a great spot with not many good WR's available and with teams having a ton of cap room.

Let's get everyones honest opinions.

627791[/snapback]

I'll bite. There needs to be a number 2 receiver in that equation somewhere to take the pressure off of Evans. Someone with Josh Reed's skill set, perhaps, but more clutch playmaking ability. The guy who will catch passes and draw coverage when Evans is blanketed, a la the Denver game.

Moulds can certainly be that guy but he's costing us an arm and a leg in that role and I just don't get the impression he wants to be here, nor is he interested in making the kinds of connection that Losman was/is starting to make with Evans. I made this point some time ago and was lambasted for it -- at some point you have to decide what your team's identity is. Through no huge fault of Eric, this team's identity has been a losing one for the duration of his tenure (if an identity existed at all). He has been a pretty good Bill (though never the inspiring leader I look for in a guy I'd call a 'great' Bill). But maybe he needs a new place to latch onto and finish it out. And maybe we need for him to leave, and to pick up a serviceable veteran who believes in the program and can play #2 well. The money would probably break out about even, but having the extra cap space to keep Eric means we also have the cap space to absorb his cap hit.

I hate to say it, but it's time to replace Moulds. Not merely to cut him, but to replace him.

There's not a lot out there:

Reggie Wayne -re-signed

Isaac Bruce-re-signed

Randle-El--moved to Washington

Jurevicius--moved to Cleveland, squeezing out Antonio Bryant

David Givens

Nate Burleson

Brandon Lloyd

David Boston

Add Moulds to this mix, possibly to NFC club, like a Falcons, Bears, Packers, Cowpersons...

Moulds was a liability by the end of last season with his apparent attitude. It appears, if you believe all the "reports", that he still has an attitude problem. Therefore, he should be gone regardless of the money or compensation.