Hey guys

Yeah, everyone was crushed - including Larry.  The Celtics traded Gerald Henderson to Seattle for what ended up being the #2 pick in the draft, then won the world championship, then drafted Lenny Bias!  I remember Lefty Dreisell assuring Red Auerbach that he had no knowledge of Bias's drug habit.  What a shame.  The team never recovered, IMO.

Lenny Bias

627026[/snapback]

From what I've heard, Bias didn't have a drug habit. He didn't have good judgment though. Reportedly, he tried crack for the first time that night and, unfortunately, died.

maybe we could just draft a few more fast wr's and play with no offensive line at all and just have 9 guys racing for the endzone on every play.

626913[/snapback]

actually that's not a bad idea. I do that on madden and it is very difficult for my opponents to stop...especially with a running QB.

From what I've heard, Bias didn't have a drug habit.  He didn't have good judgment though.  Reportedly, he tried crack for the first time that night and, unfortunately, died.

627107[/snapback]

If that is true, the story is all-the-more tragic. Helluva way to spend your signing bonus, no?

With this new speedy WR corp... we will roll out Moulds, Evans, and Davis and we best run a lot of "Pray for Rain" or "Hot Crossed Buns" ... and stay away from stuff like "Orvules Right" and "Hilbur's Left" That's right, I'm taking it back to Joe Montana's football... cerca 1991, B-Lo Bills playbook.

If that is true, the story is all-the-more tragic.  Helluva way to spend your signing bonus, no?

627164[/snapback]

Scratch that. I asked some co-workers, and they said that Bias did in fact do drugs. Supposedly, he left his dorm room around 2am to go score some coke for himself and his buddies and died a few hours later.

That really sucks.

Yeah, everyone was crushed - including Larry.  The Celtics traded Gerald Henderson to Seattle for what ended up being the #2 pick in the draft, then won the world championship, then drafted Lenny Bias!  I remember Lefty Dreisell assuring Red Auerbach that he had no knowledge of Bias's drug habit.  What a shame.  The team never recovered, IMO.

Lenny Bias

627026[/snapback]

The day after Bias died from coke there was a player on the Giants who also died from coke. I remember thinking to myself, "I don't know if God exists, but if he does, he's going out of his way to make me quit cocaine." Haven't touched it since.

With Josh Reed moving on to other scenery the new WR addition gives us a VERY fast WR core.......

626900[/snapback]

Isn't that great? Now while whatever Quaterback we have that day is getting sacked because we don't have an offensive line our fast recievers can be running all over the field like idiots.

Scratch that.  I asked some co-workers, and they said that Bias did in fact do drugs.  Supposedly, he left his dorm room around 2am to go score some coke for himself and his buddies and died a few hours later.

That really sucks.

627172[/snapback]

Yeah, I was living in Boston at the time and there were lots of stories going around - one that I read stated that a rock about the size of a bar of soap was found in his possession - sounded like he was getting ready to celebrate.