Bills re-sign Greg Jerman!

I thought Jerman was arguably the weakest member of the OL last year.

627265[/snapback]

I don't know why anyone would argue. But then again, Anderson and Jerman are both on this roster, and one of them just got a ticket punched for two more years.

Unfortunately it seems like those who would argue are running the team...

Let's hear it for camp cuts. We do need somebody for our hot new D-line to turn into hamburger.

Marv, when we the fans said we wanted the OL addressed in the offseason, this Jerman signing isn't exactly what we had in mind. My fear is that this signing means Marv may not be drafting very many OTs this year. :mellow:

627973[/snapback]

Jerman never ceases to amaze me.

I was amazed when the Bills signed him last year, and even more amazed when he made the 53-man roster despite being the worst OT in training camp.

He must have some really, really good blackmail material to have outlasted TD...

I was amazed when the Bills signed him last year, and even more amazed when he made the 53-man roster despite being the worst OT in training camp.

He must have some really, really good blackmail material to have outlasted TD...

627989[/snapback]

I agree Lori - I remember watching him in preseason and the early games last year and thinking he was the worst lineman on the team. Maybe he's an "effort" guy 'cause I did see him sprawled on the turf an awful lot.

The extra money in everyone's pockets probably make it hard to find good quality linemen in free agency this year but I'd almost rather have someone else's castoffs than our own at this point.

All our base belong to McNally ... in Mouse we trust.

Has anyone heard anything about Mawae and his status? I think at the very least his veteran leadership could help solidify the center of that offensive (I mean offensive) line. Id be all for him coming here.

Ngata or Williams in the '06 draft!

627989[/snapback]

What really disturbs me about this signing is that it happened so early in the free agency period. I don't think Jerman would have signed a contract this early into the free agency period unless he was given some kind of signing bonus. That would be a real waste of money for a guy you'd hope won't make the final roster.

What really disturbs me about this signing is that it happened so early in the free agency period. I don't think Jerman would have signed a contract this early into the free agency period unless he was given some kind of signing bonus. That would be a real waste of money for a guy you'd hope won't make the final roster.

628096[/snapback]

I dunno, smells to me like they held off on all extended contracts until the CBA thing was done. So, normally, when you'd get the UFA's you wouldn't mind keeping re-signed before free agency, they just waited. I thought the numbers looked to me to be a pretty much vet minimum deal. It's not like the Bills got into a bidding war for him.

I dunno, smells to me like they held off on all extended contracts until the CBA thing was done.  So, normally, when you'd get the UFA's you wouldn't mind keeping re-signed before free agency, they just waited.  I thought the numbers looked to me to be a pretty much vet minimum deal.  It's not like the Bills got into a bidding war for him.

628109[/snapback]

I haven't seen any of the numbers, just that the terms of the contract weren't disclosed. If you have seen numbers, please share!

The reason I thought Jerman received a signing bonus is that it would make sense for his agent to hold out for some kind of signing bonus. That way, you'd weed out teams that felt they'd most likely cut him during training camp.

I haven't seen any of the numbers, just that the terms of the contract weren't disclosed. If you have seen numbers, please share!

The reason I thought Jerman received a signing bonus is that it would make sense for his agent to hold out for some kind of signing bonus. That way, you'd weed out teams that felt they'd most likely cut him during training camp.

628537[/snapback]

Go back to the first post in this thread, which reads:

"Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills have re-signed OL Greg Jerman to a two-year contract worth $1.27 million."