Cypress Gardens or Busch Gardens?

Anyone here been to Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, Florida since they reopened last year? I hear they have new rides and a small water park included in the admission price.

We will be staying in Tampa, near Busch Gardens, but it seems awfully expensive ($57.95 to get in). Are there discount tix available to either park?

Inquiring minds wanna know, for we will probably get tired of the beach. And no, I'm staying away from the Disney parks.

Mike

Anyone here been to Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, Florida since they reopened last year?  I hear they have new rides and a small water park included in the admission price.

We will be staying in Tampa, near Busch Gardens, but it seems awfully expensive ($57.95 to get in).  Are there discount tix available to either park?

Inquiring minds wanna know, for we will probably get tired of the beach.  And no, I'm staying away from the Disney parks.

Mike

626507[/snapback]

You'll enjoy Busch Gardens Mike, its worth it. I have a two year pass. Matter of fact, we went yesterday. :D

You'll enjoy Busch Gardens Mike, its worth it. I have a two year pass. Matter of fact, we went yesterday.  :lol:

626532[/snapback]

Agreed, cant go wrong with those coasters.

It's just like posting on here, but with half the retards. :D

i vote bush . nothing like a bush . worth the money . how old are the kids ?check out web site or travel book seems to me they had a coupon . some place down around that area is a place where you stop your car and it goes backwards up the hill , central part of florida .

Do they still give out free samples of beer?

627556[/snapback]

If one plans out his path through Busch Gardens properly, the two sample minimum can be overcome and great fun can be had by all.....or so I've heard. :(

i vote bush . nothing like a bush .  worth the money . how old are the kids ?check out web site or travel book seems to me they had a coupon . some place down around that area is a place where you stop your car and it goes backwards up the hill ,  central part of florida .

627692[/snapback]

We have no kids. Just the two of us.

Adventure Island also sounds like a lot of fun.

Mike

Anyone here been to Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, Florida since they reopened last year?  I hear they have new rides and a small water park included in the admission price.

We will be staying in Tampa, near Busch Gardens, but it seems awfully expensive ($57.95 to get in).  Are there discount tix available to either park?

Inquiring minds wanna know, for we will probably get tired of the beach.  And no, I'm staying away from the Disney parks.

Mike

626507[/snapback]

I went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg VA a number of years ago. I don't know about their FL operation, but the VA one impressed me as well-run and well-maintained.

Don't miss the everglades air boat ride. Sounds cheezy but it's an enjoyable outing and even entertainingly educational.

Also don't miss the IMAX theatre. It's near Busch Gardens surrounded by an Aquarium or Museum or Science Center type place.

[And if you can duck the Mrs for a bit Tampa used to have some of the best "adult" entertainment in the USA].

I went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg VA a number of years ago. I don't know about their FL operation, but the VA one impressed me as well-run and well-maintained.

628574[/snapback]

I went to the one in Williamsburg, VA back in 2000. I was impressed by it. A lot of fun. Worth the money. We got a discount because the person I went with knew someone in the military who was able to get tickets for us. :(