It's coming together now...

Why not?  I mean, you keep arguing this point, but I just don't see the logic.  I would hope the front office is capable of multi-tasking to some degree.

Now, it may be that this was their entire plan all along, and we've added our "big name" free agents and we're done.  If that's the case, then we're hosed.  But I'm going to wait and see what they do before I start blasting the new administration.

626999[/snapback]

We would all hope our front office would be good at multi-tasking. But, when you become among the bottom feeders of the NFL, and get stuck there for awhile, you get leary.

When your line clearly needs addressed, and you AGAIN, don't address it first, with the little bit of talent this is out there, you get leary.

The talent left out there now is getting close to nil. Are we going to draft seven offensive lineman, and hope they all grow up fast?

But hey, on 3rd and 1, we'll just pound it behind Robert Royal, and maybe even Andre Davis can run a fade route to take his CB out of the play and make more room for Willis.

Now, we're talking.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But in honor of "your game", let's try......and I don't even need to go back 25 years, we can just do it on our current / almost current roster........How about a guy like Trey Teague considered a suckass LT in Denver, coming here, and pretty much sucking in Buffalo too?  Does he count?  How about Mark Campbell pretty much being a zero in Cleveland and then coming here and pretty much also being a zero?  What about Bennie Anderson, who caught the ire of the Ravens fans, media and head coach also sucking there and then coming here and also sucking ass?  Wasn't Posey average in Houston and very very mediocre at best here in Buffalo?  How about Billy Shaw?  Average somewhere else, and non-existant here in Buffalo?  Believe this list is a lot longer than guys you've named.  This list goes on and on and on too.

627007[/snapback]

The point being...you are no more right than me and I am no more right than the next guy and no one is any more right than Miss Cleo. The difference is that you're convinced you're 100% right and we're clearly headed to the basement, and the rest of us are willing to find out what the future will bear.

For every Steve Young there is a Bennie Anderson. Tossing out player performance predictions is every bit an accurate science as throwing a plate of overcooked spaghetti against the wall. The biggest idiot in the world can make a terrible throw, but some of that pasta is still going to stick.

My guess, you are still in high school or that is the extent to which you have been formally educated. 

Really, I feel bad for you and am not going to engage you anymore.  It would not be fair.

You probably need all the help you are currently recieving...which by your disposition is probably alot.

Seriously, I am not being facetious here - I am sorry for you. 

God bless and good luck. 

That said, I would suggest to you that Karma probably does play a role in the big picture of life, so maybe you ought to relax and spend time bettering things for yourself, for what it is worth.

626705[/snapback]

Um, IndyMark, the next time you want to badmouth someone's lack of education or intelligence, you may want to run spellcheck first. . . "recieving" as you spelled it, is spelled "receiving" (I before E, EXCEPT after "C", remember?)

The point being...you are no more right than me and I am no more right than the next guy and no one is any more right than Miss Cleo. The difference is that you're convinced you're 100% right and we're clearly headed to the basement, and the rest of us are willing to find out what the future will bear.

For every Steve Young there is a Bennie Anderson. Tossing out player performance predictions is every bit an accurate science as throwing a plate of overcooked spaghetti against the wall. The biggest idiot in the world can make a terrible throw, but some of that pasta is still going to stick.

627020[/snapback]

No, for every Steve Young, there are about 50 Bennie Anderson's. Most of the chumps of the NFL stay chumps. Most of the stars, stay stars, and then eventually fade.

I'm not 100% convinced I'm right. After years of sucking ass, I am 100% convinced that we need MUCH better players, than Royal, Triplett and Davis. I'm so sick of the "you're a moron, cuz you're impatient" crowd that swarms on people who are sick and tired of dumb football moves that don't address issues.

The doooooooooooooooomed crowd is just as mindless and tiresome as the people who actually can justify that we have signed some nobody's.

It speaks for itself when the only comebacks for these three retreads are nicely worded little quips and no actual football basis or football information that can get anyone excited about them joining our team.

Where are the studs? I'll take these three players any day, but only AFTER we adress our real issues.

The be patient, doooomed thing, is really old, especially on a team that has sucked as long as we have. I like the other approach myself.

Um, IndyMark, the next time you want to badmouth someone's lack of education or intelligence, you may want to run spellcheck first. . . "recieving" as you spelled it, is spelled "receiving" (I before E, EXCEPT after "C", remember?)

627031[/snapback]

Um, BenchBledsoe, I never said his lack of education was a bad thing, per se. In fact ignorance is bliss. I simply feel bad for that particular human. As evidence by the running feud in this thread, other posters tend to agree.

Nice try at pointing out hypocricy, however, even when it is not there :(:huh:

In case you missed the memo, a typo in conversational and INFORMAL writing (as this) hardly equates to flawed logic in a similar environment. But, hey, why nitpik (spelling????) when you can grasp at straws. :devil:

We would all hope our front office would be good at multi-tasking.  But, when you become among the bottom feeders of the NFL, and get stuck there for awhile, you get leary.

When your line clearly needs addressed, and you AGAIN, don't address it first, with the little bit of talent this is out there, you get leary.

The talent left out there now is getting close to nil.  Are we going to draft seven offensive lineman, and hope they all grow up fast?

But hey, on 3rd and 1, we'll just pound it behind Robert Royal, and maybe even Andre Davis can run a fade route to take his CB out of the play and make more room for Willis.

Now, we're talking.

627018[/snapback]

I really don't think there was (or is) a magic bullet out there to address all this team's needs in a single offseason. What I saw last year was a team with little talent on the offensive and defensive line, unable to get a push or stop other teams when it mattered. Blowing our wad on a single player when we have, it appears to me, 2 or 3 holes on the offensive line, and 3 holes on the defensive line, to fill, doesn't seem like a good long-term strategy.

Before you ask, yes, I'm pretty much resigned to another bad year next year. I just don't think it's worth stressing over too much.

I really don't think there was (or is) a magic bullet out there to address all this team's needs in a single offseason.  What I saw last year was a team with little talent on the offensive and defensive line, unable to get a push or stop other teams when it mattered.  Blowing our wad on a single player when we have, it appears to me, 2 or 3 holes on the offensive line, and 3 holes on the defensive line, to fill, doesn't seem like a good long-term strategy.

Before you ask, yes, I'm pretty much resigned to another bad year next year.  I just don't think it's worth stressing over too much.

627054[/snapback]

Makes sense, which is exactly why we should have pursued a youngish OL'men out there.

What good are these three players going to do for us? I'd rather have knocked Bentley's socks off, and overpayed than adding these three players to our roster. And we still would have had more money. It's not like all of our cash would have gone to one player.

Makes sense, which is exactly why we should have pursued a youngish OL'men out there. 

What good are these three players going to do for us?  I'd rather have knocked Bentley's socks off, and overpayed than adding these three players to our roster.  And we still would have had more money.  It's not like all of our cash would have gone to one player.

627057[/snapback]

I can't help thinking back to when the Patriots let Woody go. He was the marquee player of their OL and yet they didn't miss a beat. I'm not trying to say that we have anywhere near Patriots-level talent on our OL, but one player does not make or break a line.

Another example (different position) Cinci letting Takeo Spikes go. I loved seeing him come to Buffalo, but Cinci was able to take the money they would've spent on him and getting two or three solid players to fill holes in their defense.

The onus is clearly on Levy and co. to get us some players, and yes, they'd better do something. But I don't buy that the only way to go was jump on the only two big-name OL out on the market. There are going to be decent, unheralded players available through FA and the draft. Whether our talent evaluators will find them is the question.

I can't help thinking back to when the Patriots let Woody go.  He was the marquee player of their OL and yet they didn't miss a beat.  I'm not trying to say that we have anywhere near Patriots-level talent on our OL, but one player does not make or break a line.

Another example (different position) Cinci letting Takeo Spikes go.  I loved seeing him come to Buffalo, but Cinci was able to take the money they would've spent on him and getting two or three solid players to fill holes in their defense.

The onus is clearly on Levy and co. to get us some players, and yes, they'd better do something.  But I don't buy that the only way to go was jump on the only two big-name OL out on the market.  There are going to be decent, unheralded players available through FA and the draft.  Whether our talent evaluators will find them is the question.

627077[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with one player. When you have NOBODY, one player is a start. And really, just because we maybe could've landed Bentley, it doesn't mean we had to stop there.

Hell, we could have done exactly what Cleveland did, with Bentley, Shaffer, and JJ, and STILL had money to cut Moulds and get Robert Royal, and Davis. Triplett might have been the odd man out in that case.

I mean, it boggles my mind. Progressive thinking GM's always seem to find a way. Or, they at least try.

Judgement is out on Marv, I just hope he comes through.

Face it, if Buffalo were to have matched or paid more for Bentley, he would have to be able to play alot of positions cause he would have pretty much been our only FA pickup.

Only a couple days into free agency and people are already blaming Marv cause his pickups were cast-offs from another team and not big name high priced players.

There is no way we could have done what clevland just did, they were about 30-40 million under the cap, Buffalo was only about 15.

Why is it not possible to wait til training camp (or atleast after the draft to start saying you don't like the direction the team is heading for the next season)

With fans like these, somedays its just embarrassing to say your a Bills fan

Um, BenchBledsoe, I never said his lack of education was a bad thing, per se.  In fact ignorance is bliss.  I simply feel bad for that particular human.  As evidence by the running feud in this thread, other posters tend to agree.

Nice try at pointing out hypocricy, however, even when it is not there  :mellow:  :P

In case you missed the memo, a typo in conversational and INFORMAL writing (as this) hardly equates to flawed logic in a similar environment.  But, hey, why nitpik (spelling????) when you can grasp at straws. :o

627046[/snapback]

Um, I guess "hypocricy" as you spelled it is a typo too. It's spelled "hypocrisy" genius.

Face it, if Buffalo were to have matched or paid more for Bentley, he would have to be able to play alot of positions cause he would have pretty much been our only FA pickup.

Only a couple days into free agency and people are already blaming Marv cause his pickups were cast-offs from another team and not big name high priced players.

There is no way we could have done what clevland just did, they were about 30-40 million under the cap, Buffalo was only about 15.

Why is it not possible to wait til training camp (or atleast after the draft to start saying you don't like the direction the team is heading for the next season)

With fans like these, somedays its just embarrassing to say your a Bills fan

627202[/snapback]

Wow! That's about all I can say.

If I'm not mistaken, Cleveland's cap room space was 31.5 million. I believed Bentley signed for 6 million per. Shaffer for 5 million per. That seems to leave 4 million for the Bills to continue to spend. Cut Moulds, push that number up to about 8.5 to 9 million and sign JJ, Robert Royal (since for some reason we need this guy so fuggin bad, and Andre Davis. I tend to like that a little bit more. Is it doable.....I'm not totally sure, but it would be very close to doable.

We've been waiting for training camp for years, and nothing ever comes of it. It gets old. Although, thank god, TD and company are no longer here.

However, if this year is a rebuilding year, why not stock up with young lineman now, instead of 3 nobody's so that a good 2006 and 2007 draft would only add to a player of Bentley and Shaffer?

Being a doormat, and having the 4th longest playoff drought in the NFL makes it tougher to defend being a Bills fan nowadays. Some of us just want better football moves than we've been getting lately. It sucks to be insignificant late in the season, year after year after year.

But hey, be patient, after all, look at the bliss in Cincy, and to think, it only took what......16 yrs?

Um, I guess "hypocricy" as you spelled it is a typo too. It's spelled "hypocrisy" genius.

627751[/snapback]

Wow, you are a dictionary. Impressive; as is your use of "um". That tends to validate my hypothesis that this exchange is more conversational than formal. But why let fact ruin your imagery?

I have a life size picture of you sitting at your terminal giggling (or giving high fives to your 'buddies') thinking you are all bad and have 'won' because you can so accurately point out typo's or mis-spellings.

You must have a lot of time...which then would validate another hypothesis I have, but I am confident you would not comprehend it.

You are priceless. Run spell check on this board? :mellow::P

Wow, you are a dictionary.  Impressive; as is your use of "um".  That tends to validate my hypothesis that this exchange is more conversational than formal.  But why let fact ruin your imagery?

I have a life size picture of you sitting at your terminal giggling (or giving high fives to your 'buddies') thinking you are all bad and have 'won' because you can so accurately point out typo's or mis-spellings.

You must have a lot of time...which then would validate another hypothesis I have, but I am confident you would not comprehend it.

You are priceless.  Run spell check on this board?  :P  :o

627835[/snapback]

Yes, I'm a dictionary, think I'm all bad, have "won", am priceless and am giving high fives to my buddies. . . but what scares me most is you "have a life-size picture" of me. :mellow: By the way, "typo's" as you wrote, doesn't need an apostrophe. They are used for contractions or to show possession.

Yes, I'm a dictionary, think I'm all bad, have "won", am priceless and am giving high fives to my buddies. . . but what scares me most is you "have a life-size picture" of me.  :mellow: By the way, "typo's" as you wrote, doesn't need an apostrophe. They are used for contractions or to show possession.

627889[/snapback]

Now that is a witty and clever response, well done. You are learning. :o And keep up correcting my informal conversational grammar as it has not gotten old yet.

I will save highlighting your typing errors for another day, yawn. I will give you a hint, though, it relates to your excessive use of the three periods in a row. But, you do not want to be called a hypocrite do you? Ironic how things go full circle, one minute you call out grammar (for no good reason) and, yet, you fail writing 101. :P:o

This thread reminds me entirely too much of the offseason threads about the Buffalo Sabres. Lindy sucks. Regier sucks. We lost the defenseman who played the most minutes and our most talented (though enigmatic) scorer. All we added was a couple of role players like Gaustad and we were turning the keys over to a rookie netminder with another lameduck enigma in Biron backing him up.

Yet here we sit, fourth place in the entire league and striking fear into everyone.

Sports at the professional level is more about confidence than anything. The BILLS don't have it and the overly negative fans don't help. AT ALL.