Lions vs. Bills

4everBills

Many of you know that I have basically become a farewell fan to the Bills. I am convinced that the have a losers attitude and are diseased because of it. I have recently (last 2 years) become a Lions fan as well. I will never dis-own the Bills, but I see it will take HUGE changes to become a team of winners, I have NEVER seen that from the Bills, and I believe that it wont happen for many to come. Sorry, its been two painfull for too long.

Anways, Lets take a look at the differences between a Lions team who is on the rise, and the Bills who continue to wallow in the gutter.

2001:

Bills drafting at 21 take Nate Clements- Solid starter who has been infected to not act like a winner and give up a 40 yard pass play on 4th and 22.

Lions drafting at 18 take Jeff Backus who continues to start on a line that has given up the fewest sacks in the league since 2002 when Harrington has started.

Lions in round 2 pick (19) take Dominic Raiola- starting C, who is a young stud.

Bills take Aaron Schobel (15)- Aaron has been the Bills leading sacker, but isnt that the best of the worst?

2002 draft

Lions at 3 pick take Joey Harrington- guy I like alot who has a fiery winners attitude.

Bills at 4 wanted Harrington but werent willing to make a move up a spot to get him. Instead take Mike Williams, Bills current bust. And then trade for Bledsoe who was basically being let go by Pats because he wasnt going to start for them. Doesnt that mean we got the Pats backup as our starter?

Round 2 Lions take Kalimba Edwards just before Bills take Josh Reed. Lions win again with a guy who is a future stud pass rusher, and Bills end up with a slot receiver who cant even win the #2 job.

2003 draft

Lions picking #2, yes they sucked bad enough to be at #2, but also gave there future QB lots of playing time, (see Peyton Mannings first year starting). Lions pick Charles Rogers who is a star WR period.

Bills, well they also sucked but had already traded their 13th pick to the Pats for the Pats backup QB has-been Drew Bled-slow.

Bills recouped a 1st rounder by trading Peerless Price which cost them any reasonable offense the next year, but hey they dont need 2 star WR's right? WRONG, Lions prove its smarter to draft skill players...more on that in a minute. Bills take McGahee who sits the entire year and now plays as a backup every now and again.

2004 draft

Lions pick Roy Williams, yes Roy Williams WR at #7. Lions already have Charles Rogers but drafted Roy Williams at 7. OUR fans would have never stopped complaining about this one. Lions took best player available and IMO best WR in the draft. Lions are sitting there with an up and coming QB, young star WR in CHarles Rogers, and now a young star in Roy Willams. Bills wanted a young star WR but wouldnt do what it took to trade up to get Roy. Even when the Lions really wanted a RB first and foremost but the draft was weak at that position. Bills had 2 RB's who (in there minds) were both studs, but wouldnt trade either and move up.

Fast forward, Bills have seen absolutely nothing from Evans, Lions lose Rogers for year and Roy steps right in and plays like a stud. Lions then took Kevin Jones later in the draft.

Coaching:

Donahoe who loses in a pissing match with his fiery head coach Bill Cowher, now refuses to ever pick up a stud head coach for the Bills, instead opting to get young guys with no experience hoping to make the right choice and ride it into the playoffs. Well, we skipped out on John Fox, and Marvin Lewis and opted for Gregg Williams. Now we go after Mularkey. Lions went ahead and added a stud head coach in Mariucci a few years ago.

Free Agency:

Lions sign players like Damien Woody, Dre Bly, Az Hakim, Dan Wilkinson, Earl Homes, Brock Marion

Bills sign cheaper players like Chris Villarial, Pierson Prioleau, Bobby Shaw. But, to be fair, did get players like Troy Vincent, Takeo Spikes, Sam Adams

So,

Lions go ahead and take a young fiery QB and now have a young budding star who helps his team to win with both attitude and play. Lions sign stud head coach who knows how to win and forces the team to do so. Lions draft best skill player available even with Charles Rogers on the roster, and he is lighting up the field for them. Lions go ahead and pay the price for bigger name FA and have a o-line that bosts Stockar McDougle, Damien Woody, Dominic Riaola, David Loverne, Jeff Backus OUCHH!!!! By the way, they go aheda and pay for a successfull TE like Stephen Alexander not trading for a backup in Mark Campbell or another teams cast off like David Moore.

Bills play it conservative and trade a first rounder for the Pats backup QB and a guy who simply isnt fiery at all. The sign no-name head coach, so that TD wont ever be questioned, and the team full of players who are infected with a losers attitude simply shrug and say, "ohh well, its just another guy I wont play my hardest for". Then the Bills again go conservative and wont move up for the best WR in the draft when Mould sis getting up there and they have no #2. Instead opting to reach for a speedster with good hands at 13. Bills choose to go the cheap route cutting there best o-lineman in Ruben, and not signing the best o-lineman available but instead sign Villarial, ohh and start a undrafted FA who up till now has been camp fodder in Lawrence Smith.

To wrap up, Bills have a no-name coach who is stuck coaching players who dont care at this point. They skipped out on high rated draftees opting to "let the draft come to them" and got stuck with a DE who is a #2 at best, a WR who hasnt shown squat, another WR who is at best a #3 (Reed), a huge goof ball OT, and another teams backup QB who has as much pizazz as his home state Montana!

And we wonder why we cant win?

Ill root for this team again when TD is gone so that we wont have ego issues when signing a new big-name head coach who knows how to win. A front office who knows how important the best players in the draft can be. A front office who knows why FA command as much money as they do and pays them accordingly to be competitive. When we start our young star QB who has a winners attitude and forces his squad to do the same, and when this team shows on the field that they do what it takes to win, and stops shooting themselves in the foot.

In the meantime, I will root for my NFC team, the Lions, who have a winners attitude and do things the RIGHT way!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
In the meantime, I will root for my NFC team, the Lions, who have a winners attitude and do things the RIGHT way!

45937[/snapback]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Fair weather fan. Take your NFC crap, and go to the Lions full-time.

We don't have time for you to lecture us about how the Lions are going in the opposite direction, while Philly dissects them like a dead frog this afternoon! They aren't playing Chicago THIS WEEK!

SPARE ME; you are not a real Bills fan if you have more than one team, and that is the truth. 'Nuff SAID!

Many of you know that I have basically become a farewell fan to the Bills. I am convinced that the have a losers attitude and are diseased because of it. I have recently (last 2 years) become a Lions fan as well. I will never dis-own the Bills, but I see it will take HUGE changes to become a team of winners, I have NEVER seen that from the Bills, and I believe that it wont happen for many to come. Sorry, its been two painfull for too long.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass...... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: , "4everBills" or is that "4everLions"? Loser! :flirt:

Anways, Lets take a look at the differences between a Lions team who is on the rise, and the Bills who continue to wallow in the gutter.

2001:

Bills drafting at 21 take Nate Clements- Solid starter who has been infected to not act like a winner and give up a 40 yard pass play on 4th and 22.

Lions drafting at 18 take Jeff Backus who continues to start on a line that has given up the fewest sacks in the league since 2002 when Harrington has started.

Lions in round 2 pick (19) take Dominic Raiola- starting C, who is a young stud.

Bills take Aaron Schobel (15)- Aaron has been the Bills leading sacker, but isnt that the best of the worst?

2002 draft

Lions at 3 pick take Joey Harrington- guy I like alot who has a fiery winners attitude.

Bills at 4 wanted Harrington but werent willing to make a move up a spot to get him. Instead take Mike Williams, Bills current bust. And then trade for Bledsoe who was basically being let go by Pats because he wasnt going to start for them. Doesnt that mean we got the Pats backup as our starter?

Round 2 Lions take Kalimba Edwards just before Bills take Josh Reed. Lions win again with a guy who is a future stud pass rusher, and Bills end up with a slot receiver who cant even win the #2 job.

2003 draft

Lions picking #2, yes they sucked bad enough to be at #2, but also gave there future QB lots of playing time, (see Peyton Mannings first year starting). Lions pick Charles Rogers who is a star WR period.

Bills, well they also sucked but had already traded their 13th pick to the Pats for the Pats backup QB has-been Drew Bled-slow.

Bills recouped a 1st rounder by trading Peerless Price which cost them any reasonable offense the next year, but hey they dont need 2 star WR's right? WRONG, Lions prove its smarter to draft skill players...more on that in a minute. Bills take McGahee who sits the entire year and now plays as a backup every now and again.

2004 draft

Lions pick Roy Williams, yes Roy Williams WR at #7. Lions already have Charles Rogers but drafted Roy Williams at 7. OUR fans would have never stopped complaining about this one. Lions took best player available and IMO best WR in the draft. Lions are sitting there with an up and coming QB, young star WR in CHarles Rogers, and now a young star in Roy Willams. Bills wanted a young star WR but wouldnt do what it took to trade up to get Roy. Even when the Lions really wanted a RB first and foremost but the draft was weak at that position. Bills had 2 RB's who (in there minds) were both studs, but wouldnt trade either and move up.

Fast forward, Bills have seen absolutely nothing from Evans, Lions lose Rogers for year and Roy steps right in and plays like a stud. Lions then took Kevin Jones later in the draft.

Coaching:

Donahoe who loses in a pissing match with his fiery head coach Bill Cowher, now refuses to ever pick up a stud head coach for the Bills, instead opting to get young guys with no experience hoping to make the right choice and ride it into the playoffs. Well, we skipped out on John Fox, and Marvin Lewis and opted for Gregg Williams. Now we go after Mularkey. Lions went ahead and added a stud head coach in Mariucci a few years ago.

Free Agency:

Lions sign players like Damien Woody, Dre Bly, Az Hakim, Dan Wilkinson, Earl Homes, Brock Marion

Bills sign cheaper players like Chris Villarial, Pierson Prioleau, Bobby Shaw. But, to be fair, did get players like Troy Vincent, Takeo Spikes, Sam Adams

So,

Lions go ahead and take a young fiery QB and now have a young budding star who helps his team to win with both attitude and play. Lions sign stud head coach who knows how to win and forces the team to do so. Lions draft best skill player available even with Charles Rogers on the roster, and he is lighting up the field for them. Lions go ahead and pay the price for bigger name FA and have a o-line that bosts Stockar McDougle, Damien Woody, Dominic Riaola, David Loverne, Jeff Backus OUCHH!!!! By the way, they go aheda and pay for a successfull TE like Stephen Alexander not trading for a backup in Mark Campbell or another teams cast off like David Moore.

Bills play it conservative and trade a first rounder for the Pats backup QB and a guy who simply isnt fiery at all. The sign no-name head coach, so that TD wont ever be questioned, and the team full of players who are infected with a losers attitude simply shrug and say, "ohh well, its just another guy I wont play my hardest for". Then the Bills again go conservative and wont move up for the best WR in the draft when Mould sis getting up there and they have no #2. Instead opting to reach for a speedster with good hands at 13. Bills choose to go the cheap route cutting there best o-lineman in Ruben, and not signing the best o-lineman available but instead sign Villarial, ohh and start a undrafted FA who up till now has been camp fodder in Lawrence Smith.

To wrap up, Bills have a no-name coach who is stuck coaching players who dont care at this point. They skipped out on high rated draftees opting to "let the draft come to them" and got stuck with a DE who is a #2 at best, a WR who hasnt shown squat, another WR who is at best a #3 (Reed), a huge goof ball OT, and another teams backup QB who has as much pizazz as his home state Montana!

And we wonder why we cant win?

Ill root for this team again when TD is gone so that we wont have ego issues when signing a new big-name head coach who knows how to win. A front office who knows how important the best players in the draft can be. A front office who knows why FA command as much money as they do and pays them accordingly to be competitive. When we start our young star QB who has a winners attitude and forces his squad to do the same, and when this team shows on the field that they do what it takes to win, and stops shooting themselves in the foot.

45937[/snapback]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  Fair weather fan. Take your NFC crap, and go to the Lions full-time.

We don't have time for you to lecture us about how the Lions are going in the opposite direction, while Philly dissects them like a dead frog this afternoon! They aren't playing Chicago THIS WEEK!

SPARE ME; you are not a real Bills fan if you have more than one team, and that is the truth. 'Nuff SAID!

45943[/snapback]

Go ahead and bash if you like. I see nothing wrong in rooting for 2 teams in 2 seperate comferences.

Im not saying im not a Bills fan, I always will be. But im now convinced that this team is diseased and needs a major dis-membering to get back to a winners attitude.

Im going to be in a positive mood again when Losman is starting, Bledsoe is gone, Mularkey grows a pair or starts forcing these players to play, and TD gets over himself, starts getting real and starts getting real players!

Im going to be in a positive mood again when Losman is starting, Bledsoe is gone, Mularkey grows a pair or starts forcing these players to play, and TD gets over himself, starts getting real and starts getting real players!

45971[/snapback]

Gee, I thought you said earlier you'll root for the Bills again when TD is gone.

Which is it?

Mike

Go ahead and bash if you like. I see nothing wrong in rooting for 2 teams in 2 seperate comferences.

Im not saying im not a Bills fan, I always will be. But im now convinced that this team is diseased and needs a major dis-membering to get back to a winners attitude.

45971[/snapback]

Something tells me you and T-bone are on the same bowling team....

Gee, I thought you said earlier you'll root for the Bills again when TD is gone.

Which is it?

Mike

45977[/snapback]

either I dont care/ If he continues status quo, were screwed. Im suprised he didnt learn from his first rookie head coach mistake in Gregg!

Let me see, Jevon Kearse...no. Hugh Douglas...no. Terrell Owens...no. Damien Woody...no. Lawrence Smith...yes?

Set up, spend money for players that are worth it. Make trades for guys with a fiery competitors attitude I dont care, just start pushing that bolder up the hill in Buffalo and plow through the losers attitude that has plagued us for years!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

45971[/snapback]

You KNOW...

You KNOW when you come on TBD and post this, you are GOING to catch major hell, and yet you do it anyway. Don't give me any cockamamie explanation like that.

So by your logic, when we went 3-13, I should have went to my 'NFC' team until we got that 'winning attitude' back??

PUH-LEASE!!!!! We are all a lot smarter than that!

You KNOW...

You KNOW when you come on TBD and post this, you are GOING to catch major hell, and yet you do it anyway. Don't give me any cockamamie explanation like that.

So by your logic, when we went 3-13, I should have went to my 'NFC' team until we got that 'winning attitude' back??

PUH-LEASE!!!!! We are all a lot smarter than that!

45983[/snapback]

OK, smarter but losing badly.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
OK, smarter but losing badly.

45987[/snapback]

I and the others here are smarter, AND winners because there is a little thing called LOYALTY, of which you know nothing about.

You seem to think you are they ONLY one who is tired of losing, tired of excuses, TIRED of being the joke after Super Bowl...

Well, you are NOT...

So THERE'S intelligence.

Dude, if you think I like whats going on with this team the past 8 years your nuts! I would never think of turning my back on my Bills. I love this team like a child. I hold my Bills dear to my heart. They will win again one day!

You are not a fan, you are not loyal. You drink from the toilet and sniff your dirty undies

I don't want to sound like a TD apologist, but the Bills were killed by the cap in 2001. TD did an amazing job getting enough cap room and throwing dead weight off to get the Bills to 8-8 in 2002. In retrospect, the team probably wasn't that good.

One must remember that drafts are always crapshoots. The "can't miss" player often does miss, sometimes badly. That's simply the nature of the game, and of sports in general.

Now it's 2004 and a bad season threatens. I hate early bye weeks (I prefer them around Week Eight), but the bye could not have come at a better time for the Bills. They need this extra time to prepare for the Patriots.

I fully expect this team to be prepared next week. They have talent. They have time to get things squared away...and if Belichick doesn't take Drew's head off through constant blitzing, I believe that this next game will be closer than many think.

Mike

Dude,  if you think I like whats going on with this team the past 8 years your nuts!  I would never think of turning my back on my Bills.  I love this team like a child.  I hold my Bills dear to my heart.  They will win again one day! 

You are not a fan, you are not loyal.  You drink from the toilet and sniff your dirty undies

45995[/snapback]

Dont know where you clowns are getting this stuff from.

I am now and always will be a Bills fan!!! In most cases, I would be just like you and forever defending the Bills as winners. But a funny thing happened to me, I started realizing that i truly was FOREVER defending them! Then I broke it down, and I can see clearly that this team has a losers attitude.

Take the passion out of that statement and think about it. Do winners give up a holding penalty in the red zone? Do winners give up 2 4th down plays to lose the game? Do winners with winners attitudes fumble the ball in the red zone?

Im starting a new post that is dedicated JUST to discussing the Bills woes. Sorry for bringing up the Lions, they have NOTHING to do with the Bills. Only pointing out that they made bolder moves highered better pedigrees, and signed better FA's. Thats all. I am a Lions fan now if for nothing else for having something uplifting to watch this season! I would think you guys could understand that.

I don't know, 4ever. You make some good points regarding some of TD's mistakes (ie. MW, Bledsoe). But I just saw Philly beat the hell out of the Lions. I don't think Mooch is a very good coach, and I'd rather have JP than Harrington.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Bills have a better record than the Lions at the end of the year, even with our tougher schedule.