free agency question?

DCM

I predict the overwhelming concensus on the Wall will follow as such:

Every top free agent who gets paid by other clubs wll be deemed as a MISTAKE.

Every free agent who either gets paid or comes at a bargain basement price to the Bills will be genius!

Come on....you guys all know you wanted Bentley. But, because another team actually loosened up the purse strings to acquire a man they targeted, all you can do is bring up the flops from previous years. Did you think LeCharles was going to take less money to play in Buffalo?

Every free agent who either gets paid or comes at a bargain basement price to the Bills will be genius!

624481[/snapback]

I predict you are correct. :lol:

I for one wanted Bentley & still do. :lol:

Duke f'n Preston? :lol:

I never wanted Bentley, simply because if the Bills did pony up the cash to sign him, he'd be our only FA signing. Even as good as he is (Which I'm not debating, and anyone who does question that is just plain ignorant), we have SO many holes on this team we couldnt just make him our only FA this offseason.

We need an OT (Runyan hopefully) an interior O-Lineman and at least one starting DT. If we signed Bentley, no way we could have afforded anything else.

Come on....you guys all know you wanted Bentley.  But, because another team actually loosened up the purse strings to acquire a man they targeted, all you can do is bring up the flops from previous years.  Did you think LeCharles was going to take less money to play in Buffalo?

624481[/snapback]

You haven't been around much lately or you'd know, for the most part, it's exactly the opposite around here. I predict:

The Wall will treat every FA who gets signed with another club as a HUGE opportunity missed by Marv. Anyone we sign will be called a "second-rate player" and the only reason the Bills got him is because Ralph's cheap, Marv's out of his league and they're both too old to understand.

You haven't been around much lately or you'd know, for the most part,  it's exactly the opposite around here.  I predict:

The Wall will treat every FA who gets signed with another club as a HUGE opportunity missed by Marv.  Anyone we sign will be called a "second-rate player" and the only reason the Bills got him is because Ralph's cheap, Marv's out of his league and they're both too old to understand.

624641[/snapback]

I've been reading.....I've been around. I've enjoyed the ramblings the past few days, especially the RALPH stuff....

I still stand by my prediction.... :lol:

I've been reading.....I've been around.  I've enjoyed the ramblings the past few days, especially the RALPH stuff....

I still stand by my prediction....  :lol:

624648[/snapback]

Well...take a quick look at the board today. i think my prediction is already in fine form.

I've been reading.....I've been around.  I've enjoyed the ramblings the past few days, especially the RALPH stuff....

I still stand by my prediction....  :lol:

624648[/snapback]

Your prediction has already fallen flat on its face because our owner is the new face of embarrassment in the NFL and no one worth their salt wants to come to Buffalo to play for a man who makes Al Davis look sane.

Your prediction has already fallen flat on its face because our owner is the new face of embarrassment in the NFL and no one worth their salt wants to come to Buffalo to play for a man who makes Al Davis look sane.

624660[/snapback]

What does Ralph's dementia have to do with my predictions?

"I predict the overwhelming concensus on the Wall will follow as such:

Every free agent who either gets paid or comes at a bargain basement price to the Bills will be genius!"

624660[/snapback]

:lol:;):w00t:

Well, Ralph could do a press conference without pants and still not seem as insane or out of it as Davis.

Your question:

624668[/snapback]

Your prediction:

Every free agent who either gets paid or comes at a bargain basement price to the Bills will be genius!"

No free agent wants to play for the laughingstock of the NFL and if they do, we'll severely overpay for them.

"I predict the overwhelming concensus on the Wall will follow as such:

624668[/snapback]

So far, The Wall consensus:

Cleveland's signings are GREAT and are guys we shouldda signed.

The Bills signing (RR) sucks.

But, good prediction, otherwise. Keep sticking by it! :lol:

So far, The Wall consensus:

Cleveland's signings are GREAT and are guys we shouldda signed.

The Bills signing (RR) sucks.

But, good prediction, otherwise.  Keep sticking by it!  :lol:

624678[/snapback]

rebuttal

rebuttal

624688[/snapback]

I see mixed reaction at best. And NO praise for our signing. That's pretty weak evidence. Come stronger next time.

AND...the Sabres just tooke the lead with seconds remaining in the game. WooHoo!

I see mixed reaction at best.  And NO praise for our signing.  That's pretty weak evidence.  Come stronger next time.

AND...the Sabres just tooke the lead with seconds remaining in the game.  WooHoo!

624695[/snapback]

Predictions are made for the future.....free agency just started.....I'll be sure to check back after the Fish throw 50 million at Brees....or give up a 2nd rounder for Daunte.

As for the mixed reaction......by "mixed" you mean reactions on both sides? Because I don't read 1 post that supports your opposite theory. But, I do read a few that say the Browns overpaid for an interior lineman.

It seems today the consensus is that the Skins "overpaid" for Randle El......not a missed oppurtunity by Marv.

LJ is a back-up at best and the Fins made a mistake in signing him.....

Yesterday, Hutch was offered too much for an interior lineman.....

my predictions are holding pretty true IMO.

But I do agree with nobody wanting to play for the laughingstock of the NFL..... :mellow:

It seems today the consensus is that the Skins "overpaid"  for Randle El......not a missed oppurtunity by Marv.

LJ is a back-up at best and the Fins made a mistake in signing him.....

Yesterday, Hutch was offered too much for an interior lineman.....

my predictions are holding pretty true IMO.

But I do agree with nobody wanting to play for the laughingstock of the NFL..... :mellow:

627819[/snapback]

I see you are only looking at the posts that support your side...I could counter with links myself, but I'm busy....and beside you can read, so you know where they are.

Right now, it's nip and tuck...I'll give ya that. But, that's just because Snyder IS overpaying for a lot of these guys and Hutch did get MAJOR jack for a guard. What can ya say? I still don't wee anything like overwhelming support for our pick ups. In fact, the real vitriol on the wall is clearly anti-the Bills moves.

Remember this is a BILLS board...and the sentiment is nowhere near your predicted "they did bad, we did good" scenario.

Come on....you guys all know you wanted Bentley.  But, because another team actually loosened up the purse strings to acquire a man they targeted, all you can do is bring up the flops from previous years.  Did you think LeCharles was going to take less money to play in Buffalo?

624481[/snapback]

Sure, LaCharles would've been nice. But its just as likely that he's this year's version of Damien Woody. Throwing "crazy money" at centers and guards doesn't guarantee anything in and of itself. It's still a crap shoot that can go either way, and often does.

I see you are only looking at the posts that support your side...I could counter with links myself, but I'm busy....and beside you can read, so you know where they are.

Right now, it's nip and tuck...I'll give ya that.  But, that's just because Snyder IS overpaying for a lot of these guys and Hutch did get MAJOR jack for a guard.  What can ya say?  I still don't wee anything like overwhelming support for our pick ups.  In fact, the real vitriol on the wall is clearly anti-the Bills moves.

Remember this is a BILLS board...and the sentiment is nowhere near your predicted "they did bad, we did good" scenario.

627831[/snapback]

Very fair.....let's wait and see what happens in the next few days, when the Bills sign someone else and the Fins throw Big Jack at a QB.....

Very fair.....let's wait and see what happens in the next few days, when the Bills sign someone else and the Fins throw Big Jack at a QB.....

627882[/snapback]

I GUARANTEE we will blast whoever the Fins sign. We will blast the player and we will blast the deal.

We're Bills fans...that's our job! :mellow: