Invasion... (on ABC Wednesdays)

Spun

I don't read much on this board about this show. Since it follows Lost, I figured a lot of people watched the show but apparently not as Invasion is rumored to be a candidate for cancellation. At first, the show seemed like it was trying to copy the Lost formula. However, it has a very interesting plot that I would hate to see truncated by being cancelled.

I've watched it all season and agree that the plot has potential but the development has gotten bogged down in recent weeks.

Too much plot meandering and way too much soap opera. The characters are one dimensional (except the alien ex who is the the designated "conflicted one") especially the whiny reporter wifey and her brother the dufus who is supposed to have figured things out.

Hope they get things back on track especially since Threshold (IMO the best of the new sci-fi shows) has been canned.

I watch it. It sort of lost some steam there a month ago, but has picked up since. I was really hoping the whiney reporter wife was going to split, or get killed off. The conspiracy-nut brother is great. I don't know if any of you have seen the movie "Broken Flowers", but you'll never look at Kira the same way again after that flick :) .

It initially looked like sh--. So i gave it a shot and realized after about 15 seconds that i was right.

622587[/snapback]

You mean you didnt care for the never before used plot device of aliens taking human form?

You mean you didnt care for the never before used plot device of aliens taking human form?

622593[/snapback]

What's interesting about this "alien" invasion is that there appears to be a third species ("hybrids) evolving from mixing the two races togther. That's why the military may be involved...to see if these new hybrids can be cultivated / bred to become an off-the-shelf supply of super warriors.

I still find the show interesting, but moving it to Wednesday's away from Lost signals that ABC's pulled the plug on supporting it, so I hope they wrap up all the outstanding plot lines in a hurry.

Hope they get things back on track especially since Threshold (IMO the best of the new sci-fi shows) has been canned.

622529[/snapback]

What happened to threshold, it just up and left in the middle of the season. I wanted to find out what happened, no resolution? No ending?

If you're going to try to put something on Friday night, expect lower ratings, but give it a chance people!