Who should the Bills pick up at #2 WR after Moulds

I'd gladly eat those words.  However, if he does it it will not be with Losman.

620690[/snapback]

JP and Evans are made for each other. Get JP an OL and magic will happen between these two.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think LE is going to be a very very good wide out. But he won't be able to w/o a solid #2 to compliment him. A competant QB would go a long way in his development also.

620693[/snapback]

Agree with your first and 3rd sentence. I just think he is the solid #2 and will always be nothing more then that.

Who are you!?  That's exactly what I was thinking..... :w00t:

620719[/snapback]

I am, The Dean.

Great minds think alike. And for this one moment, so did ours.

Despite missing all those games in 2005 due to injury, Bruce has accumulated more yards than Moulds over the last three years. Their birthdays are less than a year apart, so I don't see age necessarily being more of a factor for one than the other.

But the main advantage to Bruce isn't that he might represent an upgrade over Moulds. It's that there's no way the Bills would pay him anywhere near the $7 million a year they'd have to pay to keep Moulds. We're not getting an elite WR at that position no matter what we do, so there's no sense in paying for one. Save cap space on that position, and go shopping.

619972[/snapback]

Most of Bruce's numbers have come in a climate controlled stadium half the year and against mostly warmer weather teams.

Moulds numbers have come in much more harsh conditions, with much more crappier QB's to boot.

I'd stick with Moulds.

Most of Bruce's numbers have come in a climate controlled stadium half the year and against mostly warmer weather teams.

Moulds numbers have come in much more harsh conditions, with much more crappier QB's to boot.

I'd stick with Moulds.

620723[/snapback]

Wow, great minds think alike.

If you already posted this type of reply, my bad.  I was too lazy to read past the first page.  :w00t:

620732[/snapback]

No but thinking along the same lines. Although I do like Bruce and feel he would be a better #1 then Evans. But I am of the better opinion that Moulds is our best option.

No but thinking along the same lines.  Although I do like Bruce and feel he would be a better #1 then Evans.  But I am of the better opinion that Moulds is our best option.

620734[/snapback]

This late in his career, I don't see Bruce being able to adjust to the conditions to be that valuable to us. But, believe it or not, I have been wrong.

No but thinking along the same lines.  Although I do like Bruce and feel he would be a better #1 then Evans.  But I am of the better opinion that Moulds is our best option.

620734[/snapback]

Bruce is likely going to the Eagles, I think. Givens would be our best option at #2. If not, Antonion Bryant from the Browns.

I'd stick with Moulds.

620723[/snapback]

Good point about the climate. But even if Bruce is a slight downgrade from Moulds, it's worth that downgrade to get rid of the $7 million a year Moulds salary. It's time this team spent some cash on the lines!

Good point about the climate. But even if Bruce is a slight downgrade from Moulds, it's worth that downgrade to get rid of the $7 million a year Moulds salary. It's time this team spent some cash on the lines!

620796[/snapback]

I have no idea what Bruce would ask for, but I don't think he would be too cheap. Do you have any idea what his asking price would be?

Look, Evans is already guaranteed to be the #1 WR come this fall.  What I'm curious to see is who the Bills will pick up at #2, once Moulds leaves.  I think the David Givens from the Patriots would be a good choice to fill that position.  We don't have to worry about the Pats keeping him because they have already said be will become a free agent.  Come Levy, get him. :w00t:

619696[/snapback]

Get a tight end that can be a primary option and watch Evans deep ball opportunities open up as the safeties are drawn to the post. It's a good draft year for TE's. If you play a style of offense simialar to Saunders offense when he was in KC, you don't need great wide receivers.

David Givens has the talent to be a #1 in the league. He has progressed every year he has played. If you actually take the time to look at his play and not just his numbers you'd see that. I also like the pick of Jason Avant at #2, but I can't justify spending a high pick on him.

Look, Evans is already guaranteed to be the #1 WR come this fall.  What I'm curious to see is who the Bills will pick up at #2, once Moulds leaves.  I think the David Givens from the Patriots would be a good choice to fill that position.  We don't have to worry about the Pats keeping him because they have already said be will become a free agent.  Come Levy, get him. :w00t:

619696[/snapback]

What's a #1 WR?

Be ready to eat those words in a year or two.  Evans is the REAL DEAL.  With JP and a good OL, I think he's going to chew up the NFL.

620689[/snapback]

Or with a good OL and whatever NFL QB we find to replace JP.... ;-)

What's a #1 WR?

620859[/snapback]

"X, Y, Z Receivers

The x receiver, or the split end, aligns on the weak side of the formation. The z receiver, or the flanker, aligns on the strong side of the formation, maybe a couple of steps off the line of scrimmage in the slot. The tight end functions as the y receiver, but often on passing plays functions as another wide receiver."

This is the main definition of a WR. But my explanation is that the #1 WR is the player, who is the best WR from a group of wide recievers on a team, either because of his leadership hands, speed, or route running. It's confusing, but it makes sense.

The strength of the draft for wide receivers will be in the second and third round. A fellow named Marshall from University of Central Florida. He is 6'4" and has great speed and was described no the NFL Access show this morning as a T.O. quality receiver (of course without the TO quality whackiness.) He may be a sleeper for the third round, as I haven't seen much about him. I suspect if he is doing so well at the combine he may be moving into everyone's radar soon.

Draft a projected 3rd round WR (of a very weak WR class, I might add) w/ our 2nd round pick instead of one of our 2 picks in the 3rd?

620287[/snapback]

He won't be around by the time we get our first 3rd round pick. Not running the 40 at the combine may have hurt him, but he'll probably do something between now and the draft to raise interest in him. Losing Reed and Moulds at the same time means we need a solid posession receiver. Evans, Parrish, and Aiken won't cut it, and I don't care for any of the WR free agents at this point. IMO, better to sign a couple solid free agent linemen and draft Avant.