I've been wondering.. Is Buffalo one of the

I think we fall somewhere in the middle of the pack but I know we are considered one of the small market teams. Is Buffalo one of the teams voting against the new revenue share?

As reported earlier this week by ESPN.com, there is a bloc of nine to 10 low-revenue franchises, very solid in their convictions, and prepared to veto any extension to the collective bargaining agreement that does not sufficiently address their own local needs. Owners of those teams view the internal revenue-sharing issue as critical to their financial viability in coming years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355190

I think we fall somewhere in the middle of the pack but I know we are considered one of the small market teams.  Is Buffalo one of the teams voting against the new revenue share?

As reported earlier this week by ESPN.com, there is a bloc of nine to 10 low-revenue franchises, very solid in their convictions, and prepared to veto any extension to the collective bargaining agreement that does not sufficiently address their own local needs. Owners of those teams view the internal revenue-sharing issue as critical to their financial viability in coming years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355190

618447[/snapback]

Count Buffalo among those in the "low revenue" category. They don't generate the money that Washington, Dallas, New England, et al do. Also, they haven't sold the naming rights to the stadium which would generate some money. Ralph has gone on record in the past as an advocate of more revenue sharing as long as teams use the money for football operations and don't just hoard it like a small market team in baseball might. The big boys in the NFL are going to have to contribute more to the league in order to keep teams like the Bills viable. If not, they will kill the goose that laid the golden egg and it will eventually be the demise and disappearance of small market teams like the Bills. Even if the smaller teams were to survive, they'd become like the noncompetitive smaller teams in MLB like KC and PIT...non factors and afterthoughts in the sport.

Even if the smaller teams were to survive, they'd become like the noncompetitive smaller teams in MLB like KC and PIT...non factors and afterthoughts in the sport.

618450[/snapback]

This is actually one of my big fears. I hate the way the it works in baseball with the have vs have not factor. That would make it impossible for Buffalo to compete with the "rich guys"

Here's how NFL teams ranked in revenue in 2004, the most recent year for which numbers are available. Figures are in millions:

1. Washington Redskins 287

2. New England Patriots 236

3. Dallas Cowboys 231

4. Philadelphia Eagles 216

5. Houston Texans 215

6. Cleveland Browns 203

7. Denver Broncos 202

8. Carolina Panthers 195

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 195

10. Chicago Bears 193

11. Baltimore Ravens 192

12. Miami Dolphins 190

13. Green Bay Packers 189

14. Tennessee Titans 186

15. Detroit Lions 186

16. Seattle Seahawks 183

17. Pittsburgh Steelers 182

18. Kansas City Chiefs 181

19. St. Louis Rams 176

20. New York Giants 175

21. New Orleans Saints 175

22. Buffalo Bills 173

23. New York Jets 172

24. Cincinnati Bengals 171

25. San Francisco 49ers 171

26. Jacksonville Jaguars 169

27. Oakland Raiders 169

28. Atlanta Falcons 168

29. Indianapolis Colts 166

30. San Diego Chargers 165

31. Minnesota Vikings 164

32. Arizona Cardinals 153

-- SOURCE: Forbes Magazine

Here's how NFL teams ranked in revenue in 2004, the most recent year for which numbers are available. Figures are in millions:

618632[/snapback]

You're tax dollars at work. Lobbyists and Contractors paying huge sums of cash for premium seating and luxury boxes to bribe Government officials. Gotta love it.

You're tax dollars at work. Lobbyists and Contractors paying huge sums of cash for premium seating and luxury boxes to bribe Government officials. Gotta love it.

619006[/snapback]

Get some great baseball seats, too.

-- SOURCE: Forbes Magazine

618632[/snapback]

I wonder what their total would be without Jack Abramoff filling the suites. :doh: