great list of

Nice avatar! :lol:

Right off the bat, I like:

Kalimba Edwards, DE, Lions

Adam Archuleta, SS, Rams

Ryan Picket, DT, Rams

Each fills a need, would be familiar to our new coaching staff, has great talent, will fit in our cover 2 system, and won't be TOO expensive.

I'm also pleased to see several good free agent centers out there. So at least it shouldn't become a Bentley or bust kind of offseason!

Cannot believe Big Lazy Mike is on the list

some other interesting ideas.

Give it a look

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9273738

:lol:

618307[/snapback]

I can believe it. Big Mike was chopped by the Bills for the twin reasons of non-performance and a contract that demanded performance from a #4 drafted player.

They would have actually loved to have kept him at half of his contract and probably a bit more, but he was an easy cut for us to make with his 06 cap hit or even a lower hit over 50% of his current contract but still more than the maximum the CBA allows a contract to be cut.

He will sign on with another team having pocketed the bonus from the Bills which will allow him to sign an FA contract for chump change from another team in salary but big incentive numbers based on the number of starts or simply remaining on the roster of his new home.

He should be a desirable FA because with an incentive laden contract the price will be right for a young OL player who had motivational issues and initial coaching by Vinky and Ruel

Some team will take a flier on Fat Mike. Afterall, every team has to spend their minimum cap figure on some collection of bodies.

The Bills unceremonious and sharp dumping of Fat Mike may be a wake up call to him, but I think his lax and lazy ways will not be so easily overcome. He will not be able to "turn it on like a light switch." He will live on in infamy as a spectacular bust.

Big Mike will be good for a run dedicated team, that will stick with and commit to running more then 50% of the time. He is good at getting a push off the line. That team has to commit to supporting him with a TE or FB to chip the speed rushers.

Anyone notice that the greatest back in football looked real average after Big Mike went out and Peters came in. The only game Mcgahee got more then 100 yards after Williams was benched was in the Jets game.

Big Mike will be good for a run dedicated team, that will stick with and commit to running more then 50% of the time.  He is good at getting a push off the line.  That team has to commit to supporting him with a TE or FB to chip the speed rushers. 

Anyone notice that the greatest back in football looked real average after Big Mike went out and Peters came in.  The only game Mcgahee got more then 100 yards after Williams was benched was in the Jets game.

618408[/snapback]

Let's bring back big Mike to protect Aaron Brooks!!!!

:huh: j/k

Some team will take a flier on Fat Mike.  Afterall, every team has to spend their minimum cap figure on some collection of bodies.

The Bills unceremonious and sharp dumping of Fat Mike may be a wake up call to him, but I think his lax and lazy ways will not be so easily overcome.  He will not be able to "turn it on like a light switch."  He will live on in infamy as a spectacular bust.

618395[/snapback]

I could see him signing on the cheap with Houston, a team in desperate need of linemen and in his "comfort zone" of Texas.

Nice avatar!  :huh:

Right off the bat, I like:

Kalimba Edwards, DE, Lions

Adam Archuleta, SS, Rams

Ryan Picket, DT, Rams

Each fills a need, would be familiar to our new coaching staff, has great talent, will fit in our cover 2 system, and won't be TOO expensive.

I'm also pleased to see several good free agent centers out there. So at least it shouldn't become a Bentley or bust kind of offseason!

618324[/snapback]

Throw in Adam Vinateri on that list. I'd like to see him kicking field goals and extra points for Buffalo.