Goodbye Sam Adams, hello Ted Washington?

Buftex

Uh they said Adams didn't fit their new system so what makes people think an older fatter Ted Washington would? Most people just want him here becuase he was a fan favorite when he was first here, but the fact is his skills have declined he doesn't fit what were doin and he would take up a roster spot for a younger up and comer.

Uh they said Adams didn't fit their new system so what makes people think an older fatter Ted Washington would? Most people just want him here becuase he was a fan favorite when he was first here, but the fact is his skills have declined he doesn't fit what were doin and he would take up a roster spot for a younger up and comer.

617831[/snapback]

You may be right, but having an experienced guy (who knows the defensive system, who wants to there, and who might be willing to play for a lot less than some others) as a situational run stuffer might not be the worst thing.

Every roster spot can/will not be taken up by a young stud coming into his own. Some coaches think you need a mix of young and old, so the young guys can learn. Think JP's first season as a starter might not have gone a little smoother if the talent around him was up to the task of carrying him on their shoulders?

The assertion that his skills are woefully in decline don't necessarily hold merit either. He played a big role on a Super Bowl championship defense two years ago, and then went to an awful Raiders team, with possibly one of the worst defenses in the leauge.

As it stands right now, the interior of our D-line is going to be pretty inexperienced. Washington in the rotation might not be such a bad thing. I will go out on a limb and say that the Bills would have hung on to Sam Adams, despite the claim that he didn't fit their system, if he were making a lot less money....they would have found a way to make him fit!

Without question I would bring him in, first since he is older he would be cheaper. We just saved 3.5 million on Adams we can invest half of that and get a better player, yes he is better. I have always loved his play, he is also a positive influence to others, unlike the me first Sam Adams. If you watched the raiders last year, Teddy did his job, his LBs sucked. Paired with Ngata, it could be a dangerous interior, I would resign Edwards just in case. and maybe look to Wroten in the middle rounds.

I truly believe that Washington would make Ngata a much better player.

I always liked Ted. But there are a lot of choices out there, and 38 is getting old in football. We're either rebuilding, or we're not. Signing a 38 year old player is not rebuilding. Whatever the talent, it's another stop gap stab at one season.

I always liked Ted. But there are a lot of choices out there, and 38 is getting old in football. We're either rebuilding, or we're not. Signing a 38 year old player is not rebuilding. Whatever the talent, it's another stop gap stab at one season.

617984[/snapback]

There is that.

What happened to "Win now" though?

I think Ted may have enough left to give us a step forward in stopping the run. (But, then that's not really saying much.)

There is that.

What happened to "Win now" though?

I think Ted may have enough left to give us a step forward in stopping the run.  (But, then that's not really saying much.)

617986[/snapback]

I also have respect for Marv. I think his statements about "how many very's" is one of the most honest things I've heard out of Bill's management in a long, long time. I really think this new gang and the business end re-shuffles can turn the Buffalo train wreck around. It's not an easy thing to do in a market like Buffalo. I'm also of the opinion that it's not going to be 2006. Unless the league implodes, the Bills will be in the AFC Championship game in 2008.

Given our SB history, I'm not guessing past that.