Salary cap update 3/2

Question are you aking into conideration NTBE under this years cap since there is no extension in place all will count this year instead of the beginning of next Season?This would  lower our cap space a great deal.

616286[/snapback]

I knwo all about NLTBEs/LTBEs..... ;)

I disagree with media reports that teams need to keep open NLTBE space NOW......maybe once the final 53 roster is set, you add up all the NLTBEs, but for now, unless a NLTBE can be earned before training camp, Bills only need to plan for the future impact of a players NLTBEs

In fact, it's possible a number of players released league wide have sizable NLTBEs that teams do not want to deal with

12 million bucks of cap space looks good...although I'd rather see it closer to 18 million by releasing Moulds, Posey and Anderson.

616247[/snapback]

Agreed. Moulds could probably make $3.5 million on the open market. But if we keep him, we're paying him $7 million in new money next year, and an additional $7+ million in 2007. Paying an aging player double what he's worth on the open market is a John Butler move.

Anderson and Posey I agree with, but I really like the attempt to keep Moulds on the football team by Levy, and co.

616563[/snapback]

Agreed. The serious attempt to keep Moulds is more than a previous GM would probably have done in his mad slash and burn to get under the cap.

Moulds very likely is a gonner, but on a number of levels, it's worth it to make an attempt to keep him. JMHO

I now have the Bills $10,063,908 under an "unadjusted" salary cap of $94.513 million with $8,622,892 "dead cap"

615953[/snapback]

What exactly does this mean? That the Bills would be 18 million+ under the cap if not for dead cap, or does it mean that they're only $2 mill under WITH the dead cap included?