OT - Hurricane Jeanne

Deanster

Hi all,

I have some colleagues that are flying to Orlando on Sunday and driving to Jacksonville (on business) and they are freaking about what to do because of the hurricane warning. I've been telling them to reschedule, but for some reason they feel obligated to go because this has been scheduled for months. They don't travel much so I'm kind of worried about them. I'm not their boss so I can't make the call but I'd love to be able to point them in the right direction for info either way.. Any ideas?

What?

Its fine here in Florida, what are you talking about?

4 hurricanes in 6 weeks? Whats to be afraid of?

Yup, I'm happy :)

45093[/snapback]

I live near the cape ............ and I feel like the guy who fell off of the top floor of a 100 floor building ......... as he passed every window on the way down he'd say .... everythings OK so far <_<

Hi all,

I have some colleagues that are flying to Orlando on Sunday and driving to Jacksonville (on business) and they are freaking about what to do because of the hurricane warning. I've been telling them to reschedule, but for some reason they feel obligated to go because this has been scheduled for months. They don't travel much so I'm kind of worried about them. I'm not their boss so I can't make the call but I'd love to be able to point them in the right direction for info either way.. Any ideas?

45054[/snapback]

No one is going to be flying into the state of FL, this weekend.

I live near the cape ............ and I feel like the guy who fell off of the top floor of a 100 floor building ......... as he passed every window on the way down he'd say .... everythings OK so far  <_<

The cape? Any where near Provincetown? :)

!@#$ orlando! by the time it gets to orlando it will be a cat 1. .. . It headed right for my !@#$ing ass. It will be a cat 3. And this is 12 days after i got my power back. Dont you have the internet? There's only about 3000000 web sites where you could check to see if Orlando will be hit... wtf?

sorry, just woke up and found out i have to evacuate my home for the second time in 3 weeks. I apologize if im a little edgy... but !@#$!!

Thanks for the comments all. Sorry if it sounded like a stupid question but it was posted on Friday when it wasn't clear how bad it was going to be. The Orlando airport is closing at 5 pm today until noon on Monday so it's a done deal anyway. To answer "why fly to Orlando and drive to Jacksonville?".. It's a sad reality of flying out of Halifax, NS. To fly to Orlando from here costs less than half the fare of going to Jacksonville unless you hook into some good seat sale. Either way we have to fly to Newark and then connect to anywhere else we might be going. Anyhoo, thanks for the help.

Thanks for the comments all. Sorry if it sounded like a stupid question but it was posted on Friday when it wasn't clear how bad it was going to be. The Orlando airport is closing at 5 pm today until noon on Monday so it's a done deal anyway. To answer "why fly to Orlando and drive to Jacksonville?".. It's a sad reality of flying out of Halifax, NS. To fly to Orlando from here costs less than half the fare of going to Jacksonville unless you hook into some good seat sale. Either way we have to fly to Newark and then connect to anywhere else we might be going. Anyhoo, thanks for the help.

45364[/snapback]

sorry about my flip out... im just so sick of this crap. the link above someone posted is the best one to check. Anyway, this will probably be my last post for a week or so... power should be going out any time now...

if i die, can you guys plant a tree for me? with a little plaque saying what a good guy i am, and the quote "gotta support the team". thanks <_<:) :)

I live near the cape ............ and I feel like the guy who fell off of the top floor of a 100 floor building ......... as he passed every window on the way down he'd say .... everythings OK so far  <_<

45124[/snapback]

I served in the Air Force back in the late 70's and was stationed at Patrick AFB (lived off base in Cocoa Beach). If I recall correctly, the base only averages around 6-9 feet above sea level. Here's to praying for everyone there (you too) stays safe.

I served in the Air Force back in the late 70's and was stationed at Patrick AFB (lived off base in Cocoa Beach). If I recall correctly, the base only averages around 6-9 feet above sea level.  Here's to praying for everyone there (you too) stays safe.

45406[/snapback]

Thanks ............ everythings OK ....... so far

if i die, can you guys plant a tree for me? with a little plaque saying what a good guy i am, and the quote "gotta support the team". thanks  :D :D :D

45395[/snapback]

Here lies stevestojan

They told him to leave

But he didn't give a stevestojan

His final words were in pain

Its the OLs fault

That I was killed in the hurricane :flirt:

sorry about my flip out... im just so sick of this crap. the link above someone posted is the best one to check. Anyway, this will probably be my last post for a week or so... power should be going out any time now...

if i die, can you guys plant a tree for me? with a little plaque saying what a good guy i am, and the quote "gotta support the team". thanks  :D :D :D

45395[/snapback]

You trying to draw Paco out? :flirt:

Be safe sh*t :D;)

!@#$ orlando! by the time it gets to orlando it will be a cat 1. .. . It headed right for my !@#$ing ass. It will be a cat 3. And this is 12 days after i got my power back. Dont you have the internet? There's only about 3000000 web sites where you could check to see if Orlando will be hit... wtf?

sorry, just woke up and found out i have to evacuate my home for the second time in 3 weeks. I apologize if im a little edgy... but !@#$!!

45263[/snapback]

Save the important stuff. Like the Tivo and TV.