What happens to us if Cutler goes first?

ndirish1978

Holcomb led the offense to 23 points against the Bengals. There were over ll minutes left when the Bills' offense completed its final TD drive, so it was anything but a garbage time TD. The final Bills drive began with 7 minutes on the clock, and ended with less than a minute. The drive resulted in a FG, putting the Bills up by 3. On the ensuing Bengals drive, Terrence McGee returned an INT for a TD in the final seconds of the game, to make the lead 10 and seal the win.

The fewest points Holcomb ever led the offense to were 14, and that was when the team failed to get off the plane against Oakland. During Losman's second stint, the only time he led the offense to at least 14 points was against Miami.

Oops. Messed up on the Bengals game. But they had a lousy defense, which was more the point. And in the Denver game, it WAS a garbage-time TD, since the Broncos went to prevent.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARM,

it really doesn't matter who the QB is if the O-Line sucks monkey ass! I for one will not and cannot give up on JP for that reason alone. I also firmly believe Marv will address the lines first and foremost. After and only after we give JP 1 FULL YEAR (16 GAMES or better) with a quality O-Line will  I submit to the fact that we need to find a QB of the future.

618670[/snapback]

I'm sure that ARM will say whatever or whatever!

ARM,

it really doesn't matter who the QB is if the O-Line sucks monkey ass! I for one will not and cannot give up on JP for that reason alone. I also firmly believe Marv will address the lines first and foremost. After and only after we give JP 1 FULL YEAR (16 GAMES or better) with a quality O-Line will  I submit to the fact that we need to find a QB of the future.

618670[/snapback]

It's not an either/or thing. I'm 100% behind the Bills fixing the OL, but they may need to fix the QB position too. Even when your offensive line is good, there might be times when it doesn't play well, or where it gets dominated by the other team. You need to have a QB who can make the best of a bad situation, instead of being another Bledsoe where everything has to be just perfect for the QB to produce. Not that Losman has demonstrated Bledsoe's passing ability.

"The ONLY guy you trade up for in this draft is D'BRICK. PERIOD."

Blind faith= blind ignorance. How's that Mike Williams pick going for you. Stussy, I dont know what you're seeing in Losman. I didnt see anything at all from him all year that indicated he could ever be good.

612676[/snapback]

You mean anything like throwing 3 TD's in 1 qtr?

or

Like running up the score against Miami (of course our defense let them right back in it and set up a record for greatest comeback in their history)

Nope....no signs at all

Yeah I saw that coming as soon as I posted it. Ooops!!!! =) But personally, I don't think you can get excited about one thing same as I'm willing to admit that writing him off this early would be foolish. What I really wanted to see from him was some level of consistency whether it be accurate passing or consistently improving decision-making skills. I really feel like he hasn't progressed.

As for the second part. I stand by my comment. You cannot possibly look at a draft when we have multiple positions of need and say there is only one player that would come in and really help us.