saw Kerry speak in person today

John Adams

Ohh, and I supposed smooth talking used car salesman is the style that everyone wants?

PLEASE.

Just plain folks to me reminds me of my New England home... the dairy farmer who knows what's going on throughout the area and tells it like it is, the store owner who knows you every time you comes in and genuinely asks you how you are doing, examples like that, NOT some used car salesman type from Texas who tells you it runs great, and it has a lot of good miles, and will guarantee it for 4 years, but in the end takes your money and gives you the biggest lemon on the lot.

45671[/snapback]

Go back and read what I wrote again before you jump to wrong conclusions. I was commenting only on Bush's style of speaking, not on the substance of what he says. A subtle but very important distinction. If people don't like HOW you are talking to them, they won't even bother listening to WHAT you are talking about. That is part of John Kerry's problem.

RunTheBall

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Go back and read what I wrote again before you jump to wrong conclusions. I was commenting only on Bush's style of speaking, not on the substance of what he says. A subtle but very important distinction. If people don't like HOW you are talking to them, they won't even bother listening to WHAT you are talking about. That is part of John Kerry's problem.

RunTheBall

45696[/snapback]

I know Kerry has that problem, and personally, his style is one of the jaded schoolmaster, talking down to the people. I don't like it, but to make Kerry the next Mr. Potter of America and Bush out to be the Mr. Bailey of America isn't right.

To clarify, you said TWO things that got my attention:

Bush's "just plain folks" speaking style has gotten old only for holier-than-thou liberals who feel they know what's best for the regular guy.

It hasn't just gotten old for those special liberals everyone loves to rail on, you know. As a moderate, he turns me off completely. While Kerry seems to be arrogant and Kennedy-esque, Bush seems to be everything I abhor about people who simplify everything to the point where intelligence goes out the window just to act; it's scripted sound bites and canned laughs!!

You can come from money and power and not act like a priviledged douche. Bush has done that, and that's why most "regular folks" like his style.

Bush is merely playing a different game than Kerry! Kerry's act is high-minded and arrogant, while Bush's act is carefully scripted and ridiculous when studied.

It's like saying Michael Moore is a better representation for humanity that Rush Limbaugh because he doesn't abuse drugs and he has scruples because he refused awards. Different acts, same crappy game... and we have another 4 years of mediocrity and danger.

I know Kerry has that problem, and personally, his style is one of the jaded schoolmaster, talking down to the people. I don't like it, but to make Kerry the next Mr. Potter of America and Bush out to be the Mr. Bailey of America isn't right.

To clarify, you said TWO things that got my attention:

It hasn't just gotten old for those special liberals everyone loves to rail on, you know. As a moderate, he turns me off completely. While Kerry seems to be arrogant and Kennedy-esque, Bush seems to be everything I abhor about people who simplify everything to the point where intelligence goes out the window just to act; it's scripted sound bites and canned laughs!!

Bush is merely playing a different game than Kerry! Kerry's act is high-minded and arrogant, while Bush's act is carefully scripted and ridiculous when studied.

It's like saying Michael Moore is a better representation for humanity that Rush Limbaugh because he doesn't abuse drugs and he has scruples because he refused awards. Different acts, same crappy game... and we have another 4 years of mediocrity and danger.

45752[/snapback]

Kerry's "act" as you call it, perhaps sadly for him, may not be an act. If you look at the old films of him testifying, being interviewed and debating, the style is the same. So perhaps he's just being himself, and perhaps Bush is just being himself.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Kerry's "act" as you call it, perhaps sadly for him, may not be an act.  If you look at the old films of him testifying, being interviewed and debating, the style is the same.  So perhaps he's just being himself, and perhaps Bush is just being himself.

45759[/snapback]

A LOT of politicians are just actors, playing to get votes. Some are actually there to do good, but most are not, and I hate that.

I can't see how anyone can defend these two clowns. I don't see it!!!

I didn't see this entire thing- I had other things to do, and he was really really dull. I can't believe the Bushistas haven't put out talking points about how he's less charasmatic than Gore.  I definitely thought Gore was more likable.

44734[/snapback]

I have seen some commentators call him Al Gore without the personality!