Our #1 pick

Frez

Has anyone considered that this might mean that the Jeff Posey experiment in Buffalo is finished? Please, oh please, let it be true!!!!!!!!!

Remember, free agency will answer a lot of questions regarding our draft philosophy. Adding linemen (offensive and/or defensive) through free agency gives you more immediate impact than through the draft.

Has anyone considered that this might mean that the Jeff Posey experiment in Buffalo is finished?  Please, oh please, let it be true!!!!!!!!!

Remember, free agency will answer a lot of questions regarding our draft philosophy.  Adding linemen (offensive and/or defensive) through free agency gives you more immediate impact than through the draft.

612479[/snapback]

The more I think about it the more I think posey will be gone. Cutting him could free up 1.5 million and its not like we need him since we have spikes and crowell.

no...we need offensive line and defensive tackle.  REPEAT offensive line and defensive tackle.  We go nowhere...nowhere...nowhere...until we solve those problems.  JP does nothing...willis is mediocre...we miss the playoffs.  offensive line...defensive tackle.

612463[/snapback]

I'll start off by saying that I agree with you to a point.Yes we do need to upgrade both lines.Which by the way could be done via free agency.BUt with this high of a pick you can't just limit yourself by what it is you need.If the only no miss guy left on your board is not a position of need and you can't trade out of the pick you must take what you as a group feel is right not what you have forced yourselves into.

I think it would be a great mistake just to draft OL or DL this high if the right player isn't there to be had.I saw someone post on another thread that "hopefully" you don't have that many chances to draft this high up so you need to make it count.

I say get the best man out there or just trade out of the spot if your needs outway getting the best player at #8.

I would be more that happy with Huff or Vernon Davis If we decided to pass on Nagata at 8.Or if he wasn't there.

Chad Greenway: Rated 2nd out of 141 LB's.

Positives: Pure athleticism. Equally effective in coverage as he is as a run defender. ... Uses prep experience as a quarterback and safety to play with unusual understanding in zone coverage. ... Legitimate speed and a good burst to the ball. Uses his hands well to re-route the receiver and bat away passes. ... Legitimate sideline to sideline speed. Evades blocks with his athleticism. ... Reliable tackler in the open field. ... Leader. Team captain as both a junior and senior. Returned for senior season due to respect of coaching staff, teammates. ... Always first in line during drills. ... Showed confidence in accepting an invitation to the Senior Bowl and proved to be unquestionably the top linebacker there.

Negatives: Not used as a pass rusher in college, so rush technique is limited. ... Reliable tackler in the open field, but not considered a big hitter. ... Evades blocks at the point of attack, but isn't always forceful at the point of attack.