William F. Buckley

Mickey

Well, not really. If you spent 20 years in the Navy I would expect you to be a pretty thick skinned person, and maybe even tough. Yes, posting here will often or likely get the response you mentioned, but so what? Suck it up. Defend your stance. Prove the retards wrong. Sway a mind or two once in awhile. Weed out the clueless bastards and engage with the few that will engage.

I think it's fun to goad the freaks.  :rolleyes:

611876[/snapback]

Have you read the rest of this thread?

It isn't about the thickness of my skin, I've had my a$$ chewed by experts, and quite frankly there's nobody here who comes even close to that level. It's about wasting my time trying to enlighten the Great Unwashed Masses of PPP. Why should I bother when I can have just as much fun reading the posts of two people BSing each other that they know what they are talking about.

And just when was the last time presenting a factual argument on this board swayed anyone's opinion? The only Facts anyone cares about here are the words "Facts Suck" which generally follow some statement taken way out of context.

Sometime you have to remember the immortal phrase "The best thing about beating your head is against a brick wall is the fact that it feels so good when you stop!"

But you are right, it is fun to goad the freaks! ;)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you read the rest of this thread?

It isn't about the thickness of my skin, I've had my a$$ chewed by experts, and quite frankly there's nobody here who comes even close to that level. It's about wasting my time trying to enlighten the Great Unwashed Masses of PPP. Why should I bother when I can have just as much fun reading the posts of two people BSing each other that they know what they are talking about.

And just when was the last time presenting a factual argument on this board swayed anyone's opinion? The only Facts anyone cares about here are the words "Facts Suck" which generally follow some statement taken way out of context.

Sometime you have to remember the immortal phrase "The best thing about beating your head is against a brick wall is the fact that it feels so good when you stop!"

But you are right, it is fun to goad the freaks!  :rolleyes:

612363[/snapback]

Well, yes, this particular thread did turn into a pissing contest between two pisspots calling the pot yellow, but not all are like that. ;)

I thought of the global need for fuel, and by other countries buying into the technology and benifiting, thier money will not also go to the mideast. They can call it the North Atlantic non oil Treaty Organization. I remember Thomas friedman selling the idea, the iraq war a as plan to diminish the money that fuels terrorism, by turning iraq into a democracy. And other oil producing countries will follow. I would keep killing the terrorist in afghanistan, and think about iraq and the mideast as a whole, and find a way to starve em of cash.

612189[/snapback]

I guess. I get your drug analogy now. I still see two totally different situations, though. something that can't be discounted are the ideological issues involved. Some of the worst of the bad guys could care less about oil, and oil money.

I guess. I get your drug analogy now. I still see two totally different situations, though. something that can't be discounted are the ideological issues involved. Some of the worst of the bad guys could care less about oil, and oil money.

612460[/snapback]

Some of people I went to school with in boston, ended up following others into the drug trade. They were taught by a longline of others, the easy money. Now in the mideast their drug of choice, to peddle is ideaology, taught in madras, funded by oil revenues. Have to break the cycle oneway or another. Anyway, at least ideas are being tossed around.

Noted liberal Sheehanesque whack job, William F. Buckley says:

"One can't doubt that the American objective in Iraq has failed."

And further, that the challenge for the President is to:

"...persuade himself that he can submit to a historical reality without forswearing basic commitments in foreign policy."

And lastly,

"...different plans have to be made. And the kernel here is the acknowledgment of defeat."

I guess he can't see through the media conspiracy to portray the Iraq war as a disaster when in truth it is a smashing success.  Chalk up another defeatist.

Link fixed

611253[/snapback]

i look forward to reading all of your future posts that support Buckleys "liberal" positions.

You know...it's amazing what kind of discussion you can generate when your topic isn't "William F. Buckley sucks".  :rolleyes:

612509[/snapback]

Actually, that was your guys topic. Mickey's was William F. Buckley is suddenly a genius. ;)

But I agree about what can happen to a thread. So who do you got your money on? Ed or Scraps?

Actually, that was your guys topic. Mickey's was William F. Buckley is suddenly a genius. :rolleyes:

But I agree about what can happen to a thread. So who do you got your money on? Ed or Scraps?

612554[/snapback]

I'll take Scraps.

Ed's a big target.

Are you a moderator of this forum?

612186[/snapback]

I became a moderator for all forums on this site in 2000. It remained that way until about a month ago, when I asked SDS to remove me as a moderator.

i look forward to reading all of your future posts that support Buckleys "liberal" positions.

612543[/snapback]

I see, so if you agree with someone on one issue, you have to agree with them on all issues? Hmmm.....that explains the knee jerk, exceptionless devotion to Bush so prevalent among the far right. Thanks for the tip.

Buckley may be right on the merits, he might be wrong. He can't, however, be dismissed without an inquiry in to the merits of his argument simply by ignoring him as a raving, partisan left wing lunatic except by raving, partisan right wing lunatics.