Best offense in the east

Mile High

I figured I'd take a break from the Bledsoe vs. oline contraversy for awhile.

Peddington vs. Brady -Brady

wrs. -Jets

Te's -Pats

Oline -push

Rb's -Jets

I think it's really quite even with the way the Jets look this year. If you look at it, niether team has really played a GOOD defense yet. So my question is who looks better so far to you? Cause to tell ya the truth the Jets kinda scare me a little.

wrs. -Jets

Te's -Pats

Oline -push

Rb's -Jets

I think it's really quite even with the way the Jets look this year.  If you look at it niether team has really played a GOOD defense yet.  So my question is who looks better so far to you?  Cause to tell ya the truth the Jets kinda scare me a little.

44603[/snapback]

It's not so much the Jets that scare me as Pennington. The kid just seems to win.

wrs. -Jets

Te's -Pats

Oline -push

Rb's -Jets

I think it's really quite even with the way the Jets look this year.  If you look at it, niether team has really played a GOOD defense yet.  So my question is who looks better so far to you?  Cause to tell ya the truth the Jets kinda scare me a little.

44603[/snapback]

Too early to tell, but the Jets could be dangerous. I think they are back in the playoffs this year. They are a good team, just got derailed last year when Chad went down.

Too early to tell, but the Jets could be dangerous.  I think they are back in the playoffs this year.  They are a good team, just got derailed last year when Chad went down.

44613[/snapback]

The Jets offensive line is what makes that team go....Martin get 20+ carries a game, and you will only see him get hit the backfield once maybe twice a game...

Having said that Mawae broke a finger or two on his snapping hand....he may be out for a few weeks....Could be ruff if he's out for an extended period of time...

Right now, I'd say the Jets are better on offense.  Pennington's a little sharper than Brady at the moment, and the Jet's OL gives them a HUGE advantage over the Pats' shaky unit.

44636[/snapback]

wow.. serious question, what makes your offensive line shaky right now?

I think Brady and Pennington are both good quarterbacks.

However, there is little doubt in my mind that Pennington would thrive in the New England system. I'm not so sure that Brady would be as successful as he currently is with the Jets though.

I'm sure both teams are pretty happy with what they each have.

Both units are very tough obviously.

Brady might be the best QB in the game right now and Pennington aint too shabby.

The Jets OL seems to be clicking on all cylinders, as does the Pats.

I think the Pats receiving corps might be the best in the league from 1 thru 5. And the Jets WR's can play as well.

Pats have 3 TE's who can really cause troubles for a defense. If the Jets have a weakness on offense it's probably their TE's.

Martin might have the yardage this season but Dillon has been just as good for the Pats thus far.

Both units are very, very good.

Right Now I'd have to give the edge to the jets.

QB- Pennington- This kids the real deal. He doesn't just make that offense better, he makes the whole team better. Hell he even makes Paul Hackett look like an offensive genius which Hackett is far from. Not quite on Brady's level cause he doesn't have the success that brady has had, but talent wise I'd say he's a tad better fundamentally.

Rb- Curtis Martin. You just can't argue with consistency. Year after year after year he's done it, 9 years in a row, and he's just doing it again this year. I know the jets haven't faced good defenses the first two weeks, but I haven't seen martin look this good in years. Age is definitly not a factor with him. He makes their offense run. The pats offense could survive without dillon. I can't say the same for the jets. So Martin Gets the nod.

Wrs- As a group I'm gonna say pats. While obviousily the jets have a better #1 and #2 in Moss/Mccerins. The pats have solid yet not spectacular players across the board in branch/givens/patten/brown/Johnson. For a bunch of no name wr's they produce when it counts, So they get the nod but not by much

Oline- Jets. WOW Buffalo really missed the boat on Pete Kendall. He sure hasn't done much for the jets running game <_< Kevin Mawae is still one of the best centers in the league, While I'm not familiar with all the names of the jets/pats oline. I think the jets line is better in run blocking and a push with the pats oline when it comes to pass blocking, but I put more importance on run game. So the jets get the nod.

I'm waiting for the "Pennington much like Brady is just another system QB" posts. Maybe those won't come until we play the Jets. I look forward to them with eager anticipation. I'm just glad that we have the classic dropback pocket passer with the strong arm who can take a big hit instead. <_<

Pennington will always be a better quarterback than Brady until the day I see Brady juke Eddie Robinson out of his shorts.

45076[/snapback]

So you value running ability in a QB moreso than throwing ability?

Why would Brady juke out Robinson when he can simply throw the ball beyond him?