Even if......

OGTEleven

Well, if you were to look at the number of attacks by americans (like mcveigh) and the ragheads, I think the statistics would probably say its more likely to come from them (ragheads) next.

610468[/snapback]

Two terrorists were from the U.A.E. Two American terrorists blew up the building in Oklahoma City. The concept is the same. To say differently would be hypocritical.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you were to look at the number of attacks by americans (like mcveigh) and the ragheads, I think the statistics would probably say its more likely to come from them (ragheads) next.

610468[/snapback]

What statistic demonstrates that? (not flaming you, just wondering)

I think that list would have to be considered incomplete, add in all the domestic Church bombings and fires, including the most recent Babtist churchs down south, the Abortion Clinic destructions, whether or not you believe in that sort of thing, bombing or shooting a clinic and doctor for any sort of reason is terrorism, some the riots in the 60s and we can keep adding to the list. Also , if my memory serves me correct a Puerto Rican National shot up the Chamber of the U.S. House of Reps in the 50s.

Once again stats...

Still right now Muslim extremists sometimes backhandedly supported by these regimes and other time blatantly, while saying they are not, is a security concern. How much in this case, I am not sure. I would rather be on the side of caution despite the rhetoric.

Good. I was thinking mostly domestically, but if you increase the range to global American targets, then that is impressive.

I would love to poll the agents of the FBI about their opinion on if they consider McVeigh to be an anomoly or not.

I think that list would have to be considered incomplete, add in all the domestic Church bombings and fires, including the most recent Babtist churchs down south, the Abortion Clinic destructions, whether or not you believe in that sort of thing, bombing or shooting a clinic and doctor for any sort of reason is terrorism, some the riots in the 60s and we can keep adding to the list.  Also , if my memory serves me correct a Puerto Rican National shot up the Chamber of the U.S. House of Reps in the 50s.

Once again stats...

Still right now Muslim extremists sometimes backhandedly supported by these regimes and other time blatantly, while saying they are not are a security concern.  How much in this case, I am not sure.  I would rather be on the side of caution despite the rhetoric.

610494[/snapback]

BiB provided this a while back and this is another good time to re-post it:

Terrorism Database

Here are things like you mentioned:

Incidents

Whether the deal goes through or not isn't going to matter to the average Arab. They're not going to benefit from the deal. It's only the UAE gov't and royalty that will reap any profits. The average Arab will still be going out every day trying to support their family, hoping that they will have electricity and clean water when they get home, hoping they don't get shot on the way home, and wondering why the U.S. is still occupying Iraq and not being more supportive of the Palestinians. The average Arab could care less about this issue.

I would love to poll the agents of the FBI about their opinion on if they consider McVeigh to be an anomoly or not.

610500[/snapback]

I read a thesis for my WMD class about the propensity for religious groups to use WMD's. McVeigh was part of that analysis. If I can dig it up, I will send it to you. Very interesting read.

Whether the deal goes through or not isn't going to matter to the average Arab.  They're not going to benefit from the deal.  It's only the UAE gov't and royalty that will reap any profits.  The average Arab will still be going out every day trying to support their family, hoping that they will have electricity and clean water when they get home, hoping they don't get shot on the way home, and wondering why the U.S. is still occupying Iraq and not being more supportive of the Palestinians.  The average Arab could care less about this issue.

610502[/snapback]

All true. As a side note, a lot of the company's management is American, including the COO, or at least Western. And the actual operation of the terminals is done by Americans.

But, this has all been gone over.

Whether the deal goes through or not isn't going to matter to the average Arab.  They're not going to benefit from the deal.  It's only the UAE gov't and royalty that will reap any profits.  The average Arab will still be going out every day trying to support their family, hoping that they will have electricity and clean water when they get home, hoping they don't get shot on the way home, and wondering why the U.S. is still occupying Iraq and not being more supportive of the Palestinians.  The average Arab could care less about this issue.

610502[/snapback]

Don't know why this struck me as so funny...

The Average Arab? :lol:

Cue "Fanfare for the Common Man".

This is the average Arab, he has three loving children and wives that love him very much. He appreciates a cold glass of clean water and not getting shot on his way home....

I read a thesis for my WMD class about the propensity for religious groups to use WMD's. McVeigh was part of that analysis. If I can dig it up, I will send it to you. Very interesting read.

610504[/snapback]

I would apprieciate that very much, thanks.

It also doesn't prevent Conresspeople from using idiot rhetoric to drum up fears among the Angry Mob (conspicuously absent)

My recent favorite is the comparison to our prohibition of foreign ownership of US airlines. Uhhmkay.

Doesn't someone stop for a second and recognize that despite the prohibition of foreign ownership of airlines, we still allow foreign airlines into US airspace?

And if we think that UAE is as diabolical as we are led to believe, wouldn't they already have used their armada of 747's filled with nerve agents and smelly Arabs to crash into every US airport where they have clearance?

From a logistical standpoint, isn't it a hell of a lot easier to place a few rogue pilots into an airline, or commandeer a few of the cargo workers to place a few bombs on Emirates Air? Saudi Air? Kuwaiti Airlines?

I guess it's a lot easier to conjur up conspiracy theories that AQ has been biding its time for Dubai Ports to win a highly contested bid for P&O to gain "access" to US ports.

BiB provided this a while back and this is another good time to re-post it:

Terrorism Database

Here are things like you mentioned:

Incidents

610501[/snapback]

Very interesting, these incidents were by location, how about the perpetrators...is there anyway to figure out the sources of terrorism. Where did the people who committed the acts come from statisically?

610504[/snapback]

Even though it can't be proven, a couple of folks in the know are convinced they had the right guy for the anthrax deal, another domestic one, made to look foreign.

Very interesting, these incidents were by location, how about the perpetrators...is there anyway to figure out the sources of terrorism.  Where did the people who committed the acts come from statisically?

610524[/snapback]

It is all there. Look at the first link. About midway through the page, there are listings by group, by region, by incident, etc. Anything you want to know about terrorism seems to be there. They have a good section on terrorist groups, including a listing of all terrorist incidents by that group. It is definitely a site you need to take your time with, as it provides a wealth of valuable information.

It is all there. Look at the first link. About midway through the page, there are listings by group, by region, by incident, etc. Anything you want to know about terrorism seems to be there. They have a good section on terrorist groups, including a listing of all terrorist incidents by that group. It is definitely a site you need to take your time with, as it provides a wealth of valuable information.

610531[/snapback]

Yep, just checked the other link, that is just scary, especially the domestic ones probably because I can make more sense of them, still scary on both sides. Just starting to search for the Dubai stats.

610531[/snapback]

UAB write up from that webpage:

"Homicides per 100,000 population: N/A

Incarcerations per 100,000 population: 250

Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI)

[1.3=highest perceived corruption; 9.7=lowest perceived corruption]: 6.1

Illicit Drugs Overview: the UAE is a drug transshipment point for traffickers given its proximity to southwest Asian drug producing countries; the UAE's position as a major financial center makes it vulnerable to money laundering; anti-money-laundering controls improving."

610502[/snapback]

That's interesting and would make a nice thread. I started this thread to discuss something else. Starting a thread is really pretty easy. You should try it.