Ramius- here's one that used to

BobbyC81

If people watched the games, they could see 'Tarkenton" on his jersey, on graphics, and newspapers and magazines.  Yet, they would still say and write "Tarkington"

Sort of like "Tarkington. I'd rather fight then switch."

610050[/snapback]

I dont care if people misspell words, but at least know how to spell the players names correctly. With the McCown/McNown mistake, you are confusing 2 separate players. Any frankly, if i was Josh McCown, i would be extremely offended by being mistaken for McNown. If you cant spell Villarrial, no biggie, we know who he is. But by saying Holcombe, you could confuse it for robert holcombe, the old rams RB.

The following players are NOT current Buffalo Bills:

Kelly Holcombe

Nate Clemens

Chris Kelsey

Daimon Sheldon

Yeah and they were all brought in during the Tom Donahue era.

610099[/snapback]

I'll have to admit that was a tough one to get used to. Donahue is a common name and I had never heard of a Donahoe before. ALso, at the same time, the Niners here had Terry Donahue.

It was hard to keep track of which one was the "-hoe"??

I dont care if people misspell words, but at least know how to spell the players names correctly. With the McCown/McNown mistake, you are confusing 2 separate players. Any frankly, if i was Josh McCown, i would be extremely offended by being mistaken for McNown.  If you cant spell Villarrial, no biggie, we know who he is. But by saying Holcombe, you could confuse it for robert holcombe, the old rams RB.

The following players are NOT current Buffalo Bills:

Kelly Holcombe

Nate Clemens

Chris Kelsey

Daimon Sheldon

610097[/snapback]

Let me get this straight. When someone here writes Holcombe, there is actually even a slight chance that you may think about an insignificant RB from another team?