Draft, Round #1

bud8andbills

With the excitement of another season of Buffalo Bills football upon us, and Marv Levy being back, I can't help but getting excited. The potential of the draft is very exciting, but can be a letdown also. The thought of Buffalo getting Ngata is exciting. I have seen many mock drafts having him going to Oakland, San Francisco. The question is, do we trade up, what happens if he goes before Buffalo picks, who else is a first round possibility for a need to be filled position. Marv seems to be high on defense. Should we read anything into that? Who else can Buffalo release to save us some money to get a couple of good free agants?

With the excitement of another season of Buffalo Bills football upon us, and Marv Levy being back, I can't help but getting excited. The potential of the draft is very exciting, but can be a letdown also. The thought of Buffalo getting Ngata is exciting. I have seen many mock drafts having him going to Oakland, San Francisco. The question is, do we trade up, what happens if he goes before Buffalo picks, who else is a first round possibility for a need to be filled position. Marv seems to be high on defense. Should we read anything into that? Who else can Buffalo release to save us some money to get a couple of good free agants?

609979[/snapback]

If Oakland or SF picks up Nagta, than that would mean that someone like Mario Williams - or we can all cross our fingers and hope for d'brickishaw - would fall to the Bills at #8. Not to mention, somebody like Michael Huff is on the board JIC.

609979[/snapback]

Not sure what the Bills will do but you certainly sound excited.

Put it this way.........If Ngata is gone, that means that one of the following players will be available at 8:

Bush

Leinart

Young

D'BRICK

Hawk

Williams

Huff

We all know that Bush, Leinart, and Young will be gone. So, that leaves D'BRICK, HAWK, WILLIAMS, and HUFF.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE that D'BRICK will be there and Hawk is a top pick as well.

That leave Williams and Huff. Williams is the better player so that means that if Ngata is not there, Huff will be the guy that the Bills have to decide if they want. If they choose not to select him, then it would be logical for the Bills to trade down.

Really, there are only 3 guys that the Bills have a chance at that are worth it at 8. D'BRICK (but he won't be there), Hawk and Williams. Those are the only 3 that are worth it for us.

What do you think?

No....didn't forget him.....Just don't see him as Top 8 at this point (although I like the guy a lot). I am also going based on needs for teams in the top 8 and I just don't know where he fits. He isn't going top 5 and San Fran and Oakland need defense more than anything else. So, I didn't forget about him, but he just isn't going in the top 7 picks.

Put it this way.........If Ngata is gone, that means that one of the following players will be available at 8:

Bush

Leinart

Young

D'BRICK

Hawk

Williams

Huff

We all know that Bush, Leinart, and Young will be gone.  So, that leaves D'BRICK, HAWK, WILLIAMS, and HUFF.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE that D'BRICK will be there and Hawk is a top pick as well. 

That leave Williams and Huff.  Williams is the better player so that means that if Ngata is not there, Huff will be the guy that the Bills have to decide if they want.  If they choose not to select him, then it would be logical for the Bills to trade down. 

Really, there are only 3 guys that the Bills have a chance at that are worth it at 8.  D'BRICK (but he won't be there), Hawk and Williams.  Those are the only 3 that are worth it for us.

What do you think?

610083[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. I'm not that interested in Huff, but if we get forced into him and can't trade down (for a team that wants Cutler, etc), then we might have to take him as the top talent rather than reaching for a lineman. What I'm really hoping is that Cutler, White, or somebody else slides into that top 7, Oak or SF pick Ngata, and we get Super Mario. Seems possible, but not that likely.

All of these picks could be traded. Miami wants in to ensure themselves a QB. They are at 16 right now. If Cutler has a good combine, he won't be there at 16. Cardinals could take him at #10, Lions at #9. They need to trade with someone before that (probably not #8 Bills in the AFC East). That makes the 49'ers at #7 the logical partner, and they need picks more than anyone.

The Dolphins take Cutler at #7, and we have a choice of Michael Huff, Mario Williams, JimmyWilliams, or Haloti Ngata (whichever of these the Raiders don't pick). A delightful scenario.

the more NFL Scout quotes i read about Vince Young the more i think he is going to be this years Aaron Rogers....falling to lmiddle or late first round....and possibly seeing Cutler go before Young.

611061[/snapback]

Good. I really think that he was overrated by the draft gurus. I think that he should have stayed for his senior year, and another crack at the title, which in turn would have allowed him more time to develop before going pro