Do you think Holcomb is our QB of the future?

Pyrite Gal

Is KH the Bills QB of the future?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Is KH the Bills QB of the future?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah.  You nailed it, he's a good reliable back up and were lucky to have him on the team.  As far as a starter or the future, he's a lot closer to retirement than franchise material.

Whats stinks is that a lot of posters drag his name through the mud to make the point he shouldn't be a starter, making him sound awful when hes not.

609578[/snapback]

I think that most people, like myself, are just saying that he is not our future. He should not be our starting QB even if he does a little bit better than JP in training camp.

I thought he was an excellent pick up in FA last year. I thought he could be a very capable back up if needed. I never wanted him to be the starting QB on the team. I felt that way last year and still feel that way this year.

He should not be our starting QB even if he does a little bit better than JP in training camp.

609587[/snapback]

We are on the exact same page, I think.

As for your comment above, I think he only way KH gets the starting nod is if:

1. JP sucks in camp and pre-season. Despite the rhetoric, this is probably his job to lose. Of course, the position is open to competition (as is every position)...this should help keep JP motivated (although, I doubt he needs the extra incentive). But, unless JP shows he is NOT learning and growing, he's the man, IMO.

AND

2. There are no other QB alternatives in camp. Even if JP falters, the coaches are likely to be looking elsewhere for a starter.

We are on the exact same page, I think.

As for your comment above, I think he only way KH gets the starting nod is if:

1. JP sucks in camp and pre-season.  Despite the rhetoric, this is probably his job to lose.  Of course, the position is open to competition (as is every position)...this should help keep JP motivated (although, I doubt he needs the extra incentive).  But, unless JP shows he is NOT learning and growing, he's the man, IMO.

AND

2. There are no other QB alternatives in camp.  Even if JP falters, the coaches are likely to be looking elsewhere for a starter.

609594[/snapback]

We are on the same page. If JP really stinks the joint up in the OTAs Jauron and Levy may look elsewhere to bring some competition in for the training camp.

The current regime's only tie to JP is his contract and cap situation. I think that both the former and latter force the Bills to give JP a serious shot as the starter as we have other more pressing needs.

I love how everyone trashes Holcomb. I believe he led the CLEVELAND BROWNS to the playoffs more recently to our beloved Bills. He had some really good moments this year and played in a very conservative offense that didn't take shots downfield. He was far and way our best QB this year. That said, I hope to God JP or someone else is our QB next year. :D