Jaguars expected to make a push for:

OnTheRocks

For every TKO and Sam Adams there is a Jonas Jennings, Pat Williams, and Peerless Price. The minute the bills come due for TKO and Sam, you can say good-bye just like you can say goodbye to Moulds.

So you're saying it's a good idea to pay Moulds $6M in salary for this season? If that's the cawse, then ALL teams are "cheap." No one wants to spend a lot of money on players who are on the downside of their careers.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one wants to spend a lot of money on players who are on the downside of their careers.

607299[/snapback]

Then why not offer it up more often? Why not structure all of your players to get a billion dollars each...the first million up front, and the last $999,000,000 just when they're about to crash as a player? And just before they crash as a player, say "Oh, we don't want to pay that so you're cut!"

We can't even be cheap correctly.

Then why not offer it up more often? Why not structure all of your players to get a billion dollars each...the first million up front, and the last $999,000,000 just when they're about to crash as a player? And just before they crash as a player, say "Oh, we don't want to pay that so you're cut!"

We can't even be cheap correctly.

Take a look at every good player's contract. There's a large signing bonus and usually a small initial base salary that escalates to something ridiculous around the penultimate year of the contract. That's to off-set the huge signing bonus. And when you're dealing with an older player, restructuring isn't the best idea like it is with younger players.

Again Ralph has never had a problem paying his players, and Moulds have been one of the top-paid players the last 4 years. Ralph stopped being cheap with players back in the end of the 80's.

For every TKO and Sam Adams there is a Jonas Jennings, Pat Williams, and Peerless Price. The minute the bills come due for TKO and Sam, you can say good-bye just like you can say goodbye to Moulds.

607288[/snapback]

Moulds is a different situation than the others you mentioned. His salary is way out of line. There is no way even he expected to make that much this year. And I think that if he hadn't had so many problems last year, he would have been willing to restructure again.

As for the rest, that has nothing to do with Ralph. The Bills are alway right at the cap limit every year (save a mil or so for emergencies). And even if they weren't, all thos players you mentioned were released when TD was the president and GM. New regime, new rules.

I failed another NFL drug test because I got high

I'm vacationing in India, I think, because I got high

Nick Saban is pulling his hair out because I got high

Because I got high, Because I got high, Because I got high

Jeff

607328[/snapback]

I was gonna run the ball, but then I got high...

I coulda made millions, y'all, but I got hi-i-i-gh...

Now I'm flipping burgers and I know why, hey hey...

because I'm high, because I'm high, because I'm hiiigh....La Dee Da Da

Without knowing him, it is ridiculous to speculate as to where he will want to play. But there are reasons for him to want to come to a Buffalo or Cleveland, rather than a Jacksonville. #1 might be because he will be appreciated here more. In a football-crazed market like Buffalo or Cleveland. he will know that fans and the community will be truly appreciative of his efforts on Sundays, rather than in Jacksonville where their collective football aptitude rivals that of your average third grader here. O-linemen rarely get glorified in the national media, so he may enjoy the adulation that would be sure to come his way in Buffalo. And its not naive to think that is a consideration he might think about. We didn't just outbid everyone for TKO, it was the right fit. Maybe it would be that way with a Bentley or Hutchinson

Is it really gonna matter?

According to TSN it looks like NO and SEA are gonna franchise Bentley and Hutchinson anyways so unless we are going to give up some of our precious draft picks that are gonna save the team for them, we might as well keep looking elsewhere

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=155680

Of course alot could happen and at the last minute they are allowed to go free so we have a chance, but if they are really that good and in demand, they will probably get tagged