USA vs Slovakia

taterhill

Holy keerist I didn't realize the Slovaks were that loaded.

Hossa, Svatos, Demitra, Gaborik, Bartecko, etc. Thank god they're not still playing with the Czechs.

Great first period. Both 'tenders look like crap which is pretty wierd for a scoreless game. Blisering pace at both ends and another example of why the NHL should contract about 8 teams.

Americans seem to be having a little trouble getting on the same page, but they're hustling and that's good news. It might take a while to get everybody pulling in the same direction but aside from DiPietro fighting the puck I like what we're seeing so far.

aside from DiPietro fighting the puck I like what we're seeing so far.

606448[/snapback]

I don't know about that. I just saw him make an amazing off balance, falling backwards save. And now, a great poke check move and then a breakaway save.

What do you mean fighting the puck?

Holy keerist I didn't realize the Slovaks were that loaded.

Hossa, Svatos, Demitra, Gaborik, Bartecko, etc. Thank god they're not still playing with the Czechs.

Great first period. Both 'tenders look like crap which is pretty wierd for a scoreless game. Blisering pace at both ends and another example of why the NHL should contract about 8 teams.

Americans seem to be having a little trouble getting on the same page, but they're hustling and that's good news. It might take a while to get everybody pulling in the same direction but aside from DiPietro fighting the puck I like what we're seeing so far.

606448[/snapback]

Slovaks are missing a few players too...Ziggy Palffy, Ladi Nagy, Josef Stumpel, and I think Michael Handzus...

I don't know about that. I just saw him make an amazing off balance, falling backwards save. And now, a great poke check move and then a breakaway save.

What do you mean fighting the puck?

606450[/snapback]

The poke was nice but the off-balance save was because he was out of position.

He looked like a totally different player in the 2nd than he did in the first though.

So did Budaj.

Another day, another game where the USA can't score.  :devil:

A loss to Slovakia and now impending doom against Sweden.  There's no medal in the cards for this team.

606740[/snapback]

yes USA is missing that sniper..Modano cannot do it all himself...though it would not have mattered b/c he was hurt..they could use a playmaker like Timmy C

Go Finland!

606753[/snapback]

from 1997-2000 a bunch of us used to go to Montreal for a hockey game..when I was in high school we had an exchange student from Finland that was friends with Saku Koivu..so we used to go up to Montreal..hang out with Teemo(exchange student), Saku , and several of the Habs..good times..best pickup line ever..hey do you and your friend want to meet Saku Koivu..worked every time.. :devil:

from 1997-2000 a bunch of us used to go to Montreal for a hockey game..when I was in high school we had an exchange student from Finland that was friends with Saku Koivu..so we used to go up to Montreal..hang out with Teemo(exchange student), Saku , and several of the Habs..good times..best pickup line ever..hey do you and your friend want to meet Saku Koivu..worked every time.. :devil:

606757[/snapback]

Nice. :devil: