Culpepper on trading block?

Puhonix

Vikes seek Trade

The teams reportedly in contention are the Jets, Fins, Raiders, and Ravens. Makes sense, so I ask you this:

Where would he be a better fit, in Miami or in New York?

604822[/snapback]

Either city is fine. Both are surrounded by water, and both have a plethora of strippers for bye-week boat tours.

Either city is fine.  Both are surrounded by water, and both have a plethora of strippers for bye-week boat tours.

604826[/snapback]

If you wanna really piss him off, trade him somewhere land lock.

Intersting how all interested teams are on the water.

Vikes seek Trade

The teams reportedly in contention are the Jets, Fins, Raiders, and Ravens. Makes sense, so I ask you this:

604822[/snapback]

Miami, better, taller receivers.

Hey, would anyone here want Kerry Collins for a year a two to give JP more time to learn the ins and outs, if the Raiders get Dante?

Kerry looked pretty good in the one Raiders game I watched, when they beat up on the Bills.

He throws a GREAT deep ball.

40 yard plus bombs to Evans all night long!

Miami, better, taller receivers.

Hey, would anyone here want Kerry Collins for a year a two to give JP more time to learn the ins and outs, if the Raiders get Dante?

Kerry looked pretty good in the one Raiders game I watched, when they beat up on the Bills.

He throws a GREAT deep ball.

40 yard plus bombs to Evans all night long!

604834[/snapback]

Here's a freaking grand idea, instead of looking for another QB to take a roster slot how about we build an offensive line that can protect the QB we have?

Vikes seek Trade

604822[/snapback]

Somehow, I think Daunte will stay with the Vikings. If Brad Johnson gets hurt for any reason they are going to want Daunte just in case. Also there is a lot of upside with Daunte. He's still a young QB who has a lot of potential. If he is traded I would have thought it would have been to a team like Detroit where they play in a dome.

Somehow, I think Daunte will stay with the Vikings.  If Brad Johnson gets hurt for any reason they are going to want Daunte just in case.  Also there is a lot of upside with Daunte.  He's still a young QB who has a lot of potential.  If he is traded I would have thought it would have been to a team like Detroit where they play in a dome.

604857[/snapback]

Trade a franchise QB with "a lot of upside" to a division rival???? Wh-wha-what???

Here's a freaking grand idea, instead of looking for another QB to take a roster slot how about we build an offensive line that can protect the QB we have?

604839[/snapback]

that makes too much sense, I wonder if it´s allowed by the mods :D

604839[/snapback]

Is Marcus Spriggs or "Big Daddy" Jerry Crafts available to build the o-line?

604839[/snapback]

Yes let's please build a wall, we'll have to run every play though because Losman gets nervous with even the most simple passes. When he DOES make a good throw it is by mistake. Is a good line going to turn Holcomb into a Pro-Bowler? Don't think so. We need a QB and a line, but what good is a line if you've got nothing valuable to protect? Thats like installing a vault in my dorm room. My quarters are just as safe in my pocket.

Yes let's please build a wall, we'll have to run every play though because Losman gets nervous with even the most simple passes. When he DOES make a good throw it is by mistake. Is a good line going to turn Holcomb into a Pro-Bowler? Don't think so. We need a QB and a line, but what good is a line if you've got nothing valuable to protect? Thats like installing a vault in my dorm room. My quarters are just as safe in my pocket.

604908[/snapback]

So you think JP is a bust after one year under center? :D:)

Regardless, the Vikings now seem willing to jettison their franchise quarterback -- and conceivably install Brad Johnson as their starter -- following a six-week period in which Culpepper has attempted three times to seek an upgrade to his contract.

Brad Johnson? :D I thought the Vikes were heading into a rebuilding year...not a deconstructing year.

Vikes seek Trade

604822[/snapback]

dont count out the raiders...Culpepper to Moss/Porter could the last stone to get the Raiders over the hump....well that and a real running back. All depends on what they decide to do with Kerry Collins.

If the choice comes down to Miami and NYJ...I'm going to say Miami right now. Saban has told Frerotte that he isn't going to be the starter last I heard and Culpepper would give Saban a Rohan Davey-esque QB to run his offense. Plus Minn could use a running back and I'm sure Miami wouldnt mind being rid of Ricky Williams. Thats my thoughts on it. We'll see.

I'd been pressing the trade to Arizona for Culpepper, but since the cards resigned Warner, I dont see that happening now.