Hasek Injured in first game

theesir

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/5108933/de...html?qs=pt=espn

TORINO, Italy (AP) -- Goalie Dominik Hasek, who starred in the Czech Republic's surprise victory in the 1998 Olympics, left Wednesday's round-robin opener against Germany in the first period with an apparent leg injury.

Hasek, one of the NHL's top goaltenders for years, grimaced in pain as he spread his legs to stop a shot during a German power play about six minutes into the game. He didn't face another shot for the next few minutes, but left the ice when play stopped 9 1/2 minutes into the period.

If he blew out his groin again, this could spell bad things for Ottawa's dominance in the east in the last month and a hlaf of the season.

I know its still too early to tell, but if Hasek is out for a while, two points behind the Sens looks pretty good.

Holy Cow! It took 11 seconds for this to be moved from the main board.

I certainly wouldn't want it to take any attention away from another WGR sucks thread! 0:)

603972[/snapback]

Geez...you post an off-topic post on the football board, it gets moved to the OT board where it belongs, and you're whining it got moved to where it belongs and is not where you put it. :devil: Want some cheese with that whine?

Geez...you post an off-topic post on the football board, it gets moved to the OT board where it belongs, and you're whining it got moved to where it belongs and is not where you put it.  :devil:  Want some cheese with that whine?

603976[/snapback]

Not whining about it being moved per say, but it is definetly a Buffalo sports story and things on the Off the Wall board seem to get a lot less attention than the stuff on the main board.

I thought it could hang there a while so people could see the news and then let it get moved after its been there a little while. 0:)

Not whining about it being moved per say, but it is definetly a Buffalo sports story and things on the Off the Wall board seem to get a lot less attention than the stuff on the main board.

I thought it could hang there a while so people could see the news and then let it get moved after its been there a little while. :devil:

603980[/snapback]

That's why I left the link from the Wall. It won't disappear from there until new posts from X many different topics (X based on your configured "topics per page" push it off the front page...I could have left the link off, which would have given you cause to complain...

It's as close as I could get to the famed "pistol packing punks" line.  :devil:

604116[/snapback]

Pistol packing punks SNUFFED out the life of a...

Buffalo blaze busters battled a barn burner...

Freakin' Irv.

Pistol packing punks SNUFFED out the life of a...

Buffalo blaze busters battled a barn burner...

Freakin' Irv.

604127[/snapback]

Now I'm figuring something more like "Puck passing punks chuck/check Czech goalie."

He was the man...