2 games to kickoff 2006 regular season?

Mark Vader

There is a certain Bills Backer in England who is hoping for a certain AFC East team to be named to play in London.

603598[/snapback]

Yes there is...!

Actually I have some good insider knowledge on this... I was at the NFL's official UK Superbowl party, and got talking to Alastair Kirkwood, NFL Vice President of Strategic Planning and Development. Alastair is a Bills fan and was at the Superbash with his Willis McGahee jersey 0:)

Anyway - they made the announcement that the NFL had approved the proposal to play a REGULAR season game at Wembly Stadium here in London. Afterwards we got to talking, and he told me that the key is in convincing an NFL team to give up a home game to play in the UK. Few teams are willing to do this. His shortlist of interested teams is: Kansas City, Dallas, New England, Oakland and San Francisco. There may have been a couple of others in the mix, but he intimated that KC and NE are the most likely.

I think this WILL happen. The chances of the Bills playing then obviously depend on whether we are playing away to the desginated home team. I'm kinda torn on this. In a way I would rather the Bills don't come here to play in the regular season, because the hit with travel and time difference could screw with practises and preparation... On the other hand, if ANY NFL team comes here I'll be there. It would be all the sweeter to see the Bills again at Wembly. It will be a homecoming for me.

Yes there is...!

Actually I have some good insider knowledge on this...  I was at the NFL's official UK Superbowl party, and got talking to Alastair Kirkwood, NFL Vice President of Strategic Planning and Development.  Alastair is a Bills fan and was at the Superbash with his Willis McGahee jersey :lol:

Anyway - they made the announcement that the NFL had approved the proposal to play a REGULAR season game at Wembly Stadium here in London.  Afterwards we got to talking, and he told me that the key is in convincing an NFL team to give up a home game to play in the UK.  Few teams are willing to do this. His shortlist of interested teams is: Kansas City, Dallas, New England, Oakland and San Francisco.  There may have been a couple of others in the mix, but he intimated that KC and NE are the most likely.

I think this WILL happen.  The chances of the Bills playing then obviously depend on whether we are playing away to the desginated home team.  I'm kinda torn on this. In a way I would rather the Bills don't come here to play in the regular season, because the hit with travel and time difference could screw with practises and preparation... On the other hand, if ANY NFL team comes here I'll be there. It would be all the sweeter to see the Bills again at Wembly. It will be a homecoming for me.

603614[/snapback]

Well, Nick. You do know that if The Bills go the England it's a highly unlikely thing that The Jills will be able to go too. You're going to have to be pressed into service as the unofficial Buffalo Bills representative and assemble a jolly good group of substitute Jills. Might I recommend the girls from Page 3? I for one would love to see Keely, Zoe, Michelle, Anna, and Neval and their girlfriends on the sidelines cheering on The Bills. 0:):blush::D

Come on Nick! Get-er-dun! :lol: