American Olympians and French Berets?

Vetriano

Is this a sign for a reconciliation between the two countries? At the Opening Ceremonies last night, you have to admit the US Olympians looked pretty silly in those gaudy hats-- (which you can purchase at Target to help support them). But if this helps mend a rift between nations, why not?

Is this a sign for a reconciliation between the two countries?  At the Opening Ceremonies last night, you have to admit the US Olympians looked pretty silly in those gaudy hats-- (which you can purchase at Target to help support them).  But if this helps mend a rift between nations, why not?

600944[/snapback]

There's no rift....the French are just asssholes

There's no rift....the French are just asssholes

600950[/snapback]

:doh:

The saying goes- "France, lovely country- except the French"

Actually I met lots of really cool french people when I was over there. I met a few !@#$s that perpeturated the french stereotype but by and large most french I met were quite friendly. I did tell one French !@#$ "enculer!"- pronounced on-koolay- It means go !@#$ yourself in french

;)

The saying goes- "France, lovely country- except the French"

Actually I met lots of really cool french people when I was over there.  I met a few !@#$s that perpeturated the french stereotype but by and large most french I met were quite friendly.  I did tell one French !@#$ "enculer!"- pronounced on-koolay-  It means go !@#$ yourself in french

601060[/snapback]

LMAO....good, now I can tell the french to fug off in their OWN language! :doh:

I've actually heard that it's not as bad as people make it out to be....maybe they are just preoccupied with the Muslims and forget to dislike Americans, I dunno lol. My French teacher in HS said that they treat you just fine if you take the time to learn their language (not words, but the language as whole). I'd rather just head up to Quebec and call it a day, myself :lol:

LMAO....good, now I can tell the french to fug off in their OWN language!  :doh:

I've actually heard that it's not as bad as people make it out to be....maybe they are just preoccupied with the Muslims and forget to dislike Americans, I dunno lol. My French teacher in HS said that they treat you just fine if you take the time to learn their language (not words, but the language as whole). I'd rather just head up to Quebec and call it a day, myself :lol:

601095[/snapback]

I actually got by knowing only a few words- please, thank you, hello, etc. I basically only know two phrases:

Enculer- go !@#$ yourself

Je Voodrez Heineken Sievu plea- I would like a Heineken please

Served me well!

Funny story- I spent some time in Nice France and found a great afterhours bar which I loved- Blues Whales. Well I went there every night and all the employees called me "Mr Heineken" ;)

I actually got by knowing only a few words- please, thank you, hello, etc.  I basically only know two phrases:

Enculer- go !@#$ yourself

Je Voodrez Heineken Sievu plea- I would like a Heineken please

Served me well!

Funny story- I spent some time in Nice France and found a great afterhours bar which I loved- Blues Whales.  Well I went there every night and all the employees called me "Mr Heineken" :D

601105[/snapback]

lol, dude, you and the New Zealand guy have got to be the two most interesting people on TBD.....time for you to write a book :D

The rudest people I met in Europe were actually Dutch and a few Italians.

The folks in France were all pretty nice. If you at least attempt to communicate with them in thier own language and don't act like a complete ass you will be fine. Actually, had a great time in Paris hanging with some crazy Tunisian types drinking in the streets. People in Europe are simply amazed that you can get in serious trouble for drinking in public in the US.

True Story: at the end of my Europe trip, I had to go back to Paris to kill a few days before my flight back to the states. I was staying with a girl the Tunisian types introduced me to. Unfortunately, when I got there, turns out I was out of cash.

Thing is, you can get money with your ATM card in Europe, but you can't check your balance, cause at that time (before the Euro) all the different exchange rates made things extremely complicated. So I pretty much had to guesstimate how much money I had at all times. So I was out of cash for the next four days. The girl I was staying with was a student, and not much money, so I was seriously hurting.

Lucky for me, I had bought this little 3/4 size acoustic for about 50 bucks before I left home to take on my journeys. Thing came in pretty handy, especially when I had to resort to sitting in the streets playing for my proverbial supper. I was also out of picks, since some thieving magpie had liberated me of mine in an Amsterdam hostel. This really nice guy just walked up to me, handed me a small pick, smiled and left. I still have it.

The night I had to leave for the airport, my idiot friend forgot the last metro shuts down about 10pm. We were in Chatelet, which was about 60 minutes from the airport, and my plane was leaving in about three hours. After futile, frantic phone calls home, I decided to try one more time at the ATM and hope for a miracle. To this day, I can't explain how, but I was able to get about $100 from the accursed machine, and just made it to the airport (after unbelievably dangerous driving by an Egyptian cabbie I dubbed Lilly) in time for the flight...

Oh and not all French girls are stinky and hairy. But most French, even the younger ones, still for some reason don't like to hang out with Germans... :D

Oh and not all French girls are stinky and hairy. But most French, even the younger ones, still for some reason don't like to hang out with Germans... :D

601481[/snapback]

:D