Republican Majority Leader election

House Republicans are taking a mulligan on the first ballot for Majority Leader. The first count showed more votes cast than Republicans present at the Conference meeting.  :huh:

Roll Call

592624[/snapback]

Taking cues from the Democrats, I see. :)

My CA assemblyman (Guy Houston-R) had a state Senator(Jackie Spear(sp?)-D) try to vote using his terminal! He was sitting near his desk on the floor of the assembly. There was a vote going on on one of Spear's bills that had been passed by the Senate. he had not voted yet, when the Senator comes running in, goes to his terminal and votes as him! She should have been fined and severely censured, but as far as I know nothing happened.

Boehner's Congressional district is right next to mine. Poor choice - he refuses to pander pork, and is open in his opinions.

You really need a sneaky, deal-cutting, cigar-smoking old time hack for that job.

Bad tactical move by the GOP.

593571[/snapback]

I don't know whether I agree or disagree about your Boehner comment, not swiftest brick, but not dull either. He learned about deal cutting on the House Ag Committee, and is not immune to it. And if he pulled off the manuevering folks give him credit for, he did a good job.

Besides deal cutting is what got the current batch of Republicans in trouble, too much like the old Rostenkowski group under the Dems. Rosti went to jail, maybe so should a few Repubs until they can straighten themselves out. Too many have sold out.