I want a Garbage Plate

Just Jack

Hey, I hear you.

When my wife and I first started to discuss moving away to the South Pacific, we thought that it would be impossible.  Waaaaaay too big of a task to undertake.

Then, as we got the ball rolling, we realized that it was only a f'ing billion little tasks to do instead of one big one.

Once we were able to dissect the situation... we were able to undertake it.

(Plus... we're a modest little family on one income.  We did this on a tiny shoestring budget.)

591610[/snapback]

You should get your blog going on here....I bet there are a lot of us that would love to hear about your experiences! How is the single scene out there? Lots of single cute girls?? :doh:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should get your blog going on here....I bet there are a lot of us that would love to hear about your experiences!  How is the single scene out there? Lots of single cute girls?? :doh:

591611[/snapback]

I don't know how the single scene is from personal experience since I'm married, but... let me tell you that the view from my office window is amazing. LOT'S of young scantily clad european gals like to come here to travel, because it's beautiful and very safe. (There is nearly NO crime here in Nelson.)

No kidding.

I don't know how the single scene is from personal experience since I'm married, but... let me tell you that the view from my office window is amazing.  LOT'S of young scantily clad european gals like to come here to travel, because it's beautiful and very safe.  (There is nearly NO crime here in Nelson.)

No kidding.

591618[/snapback]

Geesh.....is there anything wrong with the place? lol What are the main differences between there and here with regard to every day life? (By the way, if you get tired of my questions, just say the word lol.....)

Geesh.....is there anything wrong with the place? lol  What are the main differences between there and here with regard to every day life? (By the way, if you get tired of my questions, just say the word lol.....)

591626[/snapback]

Really no big differences.

Fewer people.

Smaller cars.

Smaller homes.

Happier/friendlier people.

Cleaner.

No crime.

Progressive Government.

Drive on the left.

Metric system.

Round-a-bouts

etc.

Ya got cable? lol

591634[/snapback]

It sounds like you're starting to run out of questions!

No we don't have cable because we don't watch much, but it is available here.

(It'll be weird to not watch the SB this weekend though. Tough to get a TV out on the Sea Kayak!)

sounds real good and yes you should start a blog and keep us up to date . bills games have you been to any before you left ? and do you plan on coming to any ?

ajzepp,good question on the girls . hope his wife is not reading over his shoulder .

sounds real good and yes you should start a blog and keep us up to date . bills games have you been to any before you left ? and do you plan on coming to any ?

ajzepp,good question on the girls . hope his wife is not reading over his shoulder .

591646[/snapback]

he he :doh: Didn't think about that lol

It sounds like you're starting to run out of questions!

No we don't have cable because we don't watch much, but it is available here.

(It'll be weird to not watch the SB this weekend though.  Tough to get a TV out on the Sea Kayak!)

591639[/snapback]

Wow, missing the SB??? :doh:

I actually have a ton of questions, but not sure how much you can help me with the ones I'd most want to find out about, lol.....Assuming I earn 65-75k as an RN in Atlanta, how much would I make in NZ do you think?

You might be able to tell that I find what you did to be absolutely fascinating....I think Mead feels the same way!  It's almost inspiring to hear some of this stuff.....a big part of me wants to just up and leave for NZ right now, lol.

591604[/snapback]

I'll go with ya. :lol: Does it rain a lot there in NZ? If I see another drop of rain I might go crazy right now. :doh:

I'll go with ya.  :lol:  Does it rain a lot there in NZ?  If I see another drop of rain I might go crazy right now.  :doh:

591662[/snapback]

Go crazy? From what I hear...it's not all that far away. (But, that just could be from where I'm starting.)

Wow, missing the SB???  :doh:

I actually have a ton of questions, but not sure how much you can help me with the ones I'd most want to find out about, lol.....Assuming I earn 65-75k as an RN in Atlanta, how much would I make in NZ do you think?

591660[/snapback]

No idea.

Search the net and I know you'll find the answer.

I'll go with ya.  :lol:  Does it rain a lot there in NZ?  If I see another drop of rain I might go crazy right now.  :doh:

591662[/snapback]

Ha! I see you're from Oregon.

We actually moved here from Camas Washington. (Right near Portland.)

It rains a shtload along the west coast, but Nelson (where i live) has the most sunshine hours in all of NZ.

So far the weather has been AMAZING.

Oh, you are right!  Just over the ocean from here.

591681[/snapback]

Crazy is just over the ocean? DAMN! I can't swim too well. I thought I could go crazy right down the street. :doh:

I'm going to have to rethink this. :lol:

Ha!  I see you're from Oregon.

We actually moved here from Camas Washington.  (Right near Portland.)

It rains a shtload along the west coast, but Nelson (where i live) has the most sunshine hours in all of NZ.

So far the weather has been AMAZING.

591682[/snapback]

Okay, I'm there... :doh: Yeah, you were not too far from here. So, is one of the reasons you moved because of the rain. lol

Okay, I'm there... :doh:  Yeah, you were not too far from here.  So, is one of the reasons you moved because of the rain.  lol

591693[/snapback]

It certainly didn't hinder out decision!

See ya guys next week... I'm outta here.

Crazy is just over the ocean?  DAMN!  I can't swim too well.  I thought I could go crazy right down the street. :lol:

I'm going to have to rethink this.  :lol:

591685[/snapback]

No, no....NZ is just over the ocean from here. 0:):lol: I'm the one going crazy here. :doh: You don't get near the amout of precip down there as we do. :D My bro lives in SF and says it's much nicer down there.