Sabres v. Thrashers (1/31)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice officiating late.Ā  I hate the stick check call but I think Lindy felt he had to do it.

Ā 

Nice pass by Teppo and good burst by JP with a stellar finish.

Ā 

I can see Marty for Savard because Atlanta's tending SUCKS.

590376[/snapback]

not sure if I take that trade or not. Looking forward to carolina game next weekend.

Nice officiating late.Ā  I hate the stick check call but I think Lindy felt he had to do it.

Ā 

Nice pass by Teppo and good burst by JP with a stellar finish.

Ā 

I can see Marty for Savard because Atlanta's tending SUCKS.

590376[/snapback]

Ā 

Waddell is dumb, but he's not THAT dumb. Lehtonen is three years removed from being the number two overall pick and is only 22 years old. Tonight was only the 19th start of his career.

I'd take a young Top 10 scorer in the NHL with some grit for a goalie we couldn't give away last season.Ā  Call me crazy.

590388[/snapback]

okay ya convince me plus putting Marty up against Carolina more regularly could help our standings.

Waddell is dumb, but he's not THAT dumb.Ā  Lehtonen is three years removed from being the number two overall pick and is only 22 years old.Ā  Tonight was only the 19th start of his career.

590390[/snapback]

Oh, I don't think they'll do it but it's been brought up in the hockey papers because Biron is obviously available and the price is going up, not down. Savard was the guy they mentioned.

Ā 

I don't think the Thrashers would look at Biron as a long term solution, just a Steve Deberg type backup who would get them into the playoffs while they ease their kid into the job.

Ā 

I'm sure he doesn't regret not picking Miller for Team USA.

It sounded like there was quite a few sabres fans there for the game. To anyone who saw the game and didn't have to listen like I did, did they show the crowd at all and was there any black & red and/or blue & gold out there in the crowd?

590423[/snapback]

Ā 

It sounded like the game was in Buffalo to me. Loud roars after Sabres goals.

It sounded like there was quite a few sabres fans there for the game. To anyone who saw the game and didn't have to listen like I did, did they show the crowd at all and was there any black & red and/or blue & gold out there in the crowd?

590423[/snapback]

mostly black and red and alot of lets go buffalo shouts heard on TV. I miss empire alot during hockey season since hockey hotline was great postgame report. With new MSG coverage usually ends right after the game on DTV.

Three in a row for the Horned Goats. Nice salvage to the road trip after the tough jaunt to Western Canada. I'm heading to the game Thursday vs. Philly, I think Forsberg will be out. Hopefully the Sabe's are flying on the home ice after the season's longest road trip.

Ā 

Ryan Miller continues to impress. The guy will let us hang around every single game. The defense takes more chances pinching in the offensive zone because they know he's back there. He's played once vs. Ottawa in the third game of the year, when the team in front of him didn't really show up. Ottawa has not seen Miller at his best yet.

Ā 

Next games: home vs. Philly and Ottawa, and then home & home vs. Montreal. How sweet would four wins there be? That would make 7 in a row, and then it's home vs. Florida (nemesis Luongo) and at Carolina (best team in NHL), and then Olympic break. Buffalo could make a big-time statement heading into the layoff.

mostly black and red and alot of lets go buffalo shouts heard on TV.Ā  I miss empire alot during hockey season since hockey hotline was great postgame report.Ā  With new MSG coverage usually ends right after the game on DTV.

590442[/snapback]

They stayed with it for awhile tonight. Man are we lucky to have Jeannerette and Lorenz - even if they are in their second uranium half life. They're still REALLY good.

I wouldn't give my eye teeth but did mention back in AugustĀ  he was one of the Thrashers I'd want as on this team.

590461[/snapback]

I can guarantee they aren't giving up Chuk or Hossa (could you imagine trading away Heatley and then Hossa and ending up with Marty Biron? Talk about getting a quick ticket out of town) and I'd be surprised to get someone like Savard. I don't think Darcy pulls the trigger for Mellanby or anyone like him - he'd be more likely to take a couple of prospects to restock the farm.