TSN NHL Power Rankings

JLO

Cant understand why week after week they have the Sabres ranked around 10th-11th, and others like the Kings (whom the Sabres smoked) higher up. Im sure there's a Canadian bias, but a little more respect please.

Cant understand why week after week they have the Sabres ranked around 10th-11th, and others like the Kings (whom the Sabres smoked) higher up. Im sure there's a Canadian bias, but a little more respect please.

589768[/snapback]

maybe the strenght of schedule?

would be weird though since the sabres have to play ottawa several times.

If Toronto was 31-15, regardless of schedule, tsn.ca would have TO in the Top 5...you know what, maybe the Sabres arent an elite team, but there is clearly a bias there and a bitterness that Canada feels towards any US team.

Remember Canada, 4 of the Original 6 teams started in the United States, stop asking as if JUST your game

Respect from the media, especially the Canadian media, is drastically overrated. Trust me, the Sabres get plenty of respect from the coaches and players around the league. In November/December, maybe not...But they have sustained their winning ways long enough that they will not sneak up on anyone for the remainder of the year.

The Sabres are hovering around 4th-5th in their conference, and just got beat fairly soundly by two Western conference teams. Why is a ranking of 10th in the NHL so disrespectful???

Respect from the media, especially the Canadian media, is drastically overrated.  Trust me, the Sabres get plenty of respect from the coaches and players around the league.  In November/December, maybe not...But they have sustained their winning ways long enough that they will not sneak up on anyone for the remainder of the year.

The Sabres are hovering around 4th-5th in their conference, and just got beat fairly soundly by two Western conference teams.  Why is a ranking of 10th in the NHL so disrespectful???

589813[/snapback]

The only thing totally out of whack in those rankings are the Rangers at #4 :lol:

I can care less about power rankings and what "know-it-alls" think of the Sabres. I care about the Sabres continuing to win and continuing to improve. A win tonight against the Thrashers would complete a nice series of road wins. Ottawa is coming up. It would be very nice to have a win against the Senators since the Sabres have yet to play well against the Senators this season. The Bruins beat Ottawa last night 5-0. The Sabres need to get through all these injuries.

If Toronto was 31-15, regardless of schedule, tsn.ca would have TO in the Top 5...you know what, maybe the Sabres arent an elite team, but there is clearly a bias there and a bitterness that Canada feels towards any US team.

Remember Canada, 4 of the Original 6 teams started in the United States, stop asking as if JUST your game

589792[/snapback]

In fairness to everyone else, hockey is Canada's game and it's not even close. As great as the sport is it would dry up and blow away without the Canadian passion. It's Canada's greatest contribution to the planet and I thank them every day for it.

Oh, and screw the friggin' Leafs. 0:)

In fairness to everyone else, hockey is Canada's game and it's not even close.  As great as the sport is it would dry up and blow away without the Canadian passion.  It's Canada's greatest contribution to the planet and I thank them every day for it.

Oh, and screw the friggin' Leafs.  0:)

590115[/snapback]

regardless, you don't rank a crappier team ahead of a better team because they come from the country that invented the sport.

on a side note, screw the leafs; and bruins

In fairness to everyone else, hockey is Canada's game and it's not even close.  As great as the sport is it would dry up and blow away without the Canadian passion.  It's Canada's greatest contribution to the planet and I thank them every day for it.

Oh, and screw the friggin' Leafs.  :doh:

590115[/snapback]

And you know what their national sport is? It isn't hockey. 0:)

And you know what their national sport is?  It isn't hockey.  0:)

590164[/snapback]

Football wouldn't be around without American passion for the sport. Its OUR sport.

And do you know what our national sport is? It isn't football. :doh:

regardless, you don't rank a crappier team ahead of a better team because they come from the country that invented the sport

on a side note, screw the leafs; and bruins

590141[/snapback]

:( Native Americans were playing hockey before there was a Canada.