Expect Jauron to draft Defense early in the draft

Tipster19

Seeing that defense is more his forte and it should take less time to develope defensive players, expect this to be the safe bet for a very delicate administration. So many factors come into play. Fan base and revenue, quick turnaround and higher percentage of success is what's needed. There will be no Donahoe-type riverboat gambler mentality here. It will be very stable, safe selections in this draft. Keep in mind that we have somewhat early picks in each round. Could you imagine the nightmare and backlash if this draft gets wasted? Nothing is a guarantee but to take dicey selections after all what this organization has been thru the last few years would be just too much to overcome. Don't expect this administration to paint themselves in a corner.

I'm sure that it's safe to say that O-Linemen need time to develope. There is always that one rookie player that can come in and make a contribution but with the way that this line has been for the last few years we would need more than just one guy. With new coaches comes affiliates. Jauron and Fairchild I'm sure has some players that they have coached and have a good relationship with. Telling them that they would have the inside track on a position won't hurt their cause. This also helps to overcome the negativity of Buffalo's image from around the league and will help to attract some FAs. I think that this would be a good, safe philosophy and I for one wouldn't be against such thinking.

Would anyone care to see another approach to this year's draft?

I think that Jauron is going to be more active on the def. side personally. That is why he hired a few assistants already without a DC. So the DC is going to be working closely with DJ. I think Fairchild will have a more free reign ont eh Offensive side. Having said that, I think he picks Ngata at the #8 spot in the first round.

I think the #1 pick is probably on D... but I think at least one, maybe two of the other day 1 picks will be on OL. Seems like a good draft for OL players, + it'd be nice for the OL disciples in here to be thrown a bone at least one of these years. <_<

I think that Jauron is going to be more active on the def. side personally. That is why he hired a few assistants already without a DC. So the DC is going to be working closely with DJ. I think Fairchild will have a more free reign ont eh Offensive side. Having said that, I think he picks Ngata at the #8 spot in the first round.

588808[/snapback]

I think it is way to early to guess where they are going to go in the draft. This team has so many holes, they won't be pigeon-holed into having to take a Defensive lineman. A lot depends on who they are able to get in free agency. Obviously, OL and DL are huge concerns but if they lose Clements they could go corner, they have the worst group of TE's in the NFL and could go there, if for some reason AJ Hawk slipped in the draft...with Levy's history with Conlan and Jauron's with Urlacher...would anyone be shocked if that was the way to go.