1. 1. Which College would you select and Why

• Boston College
    • SUNY at Binghamton
    • William and Mary
    • SUNY at Buffalo
    • Syracuse
    • SUNY at Albany
    • Boston University

If a student wants to work in an international field I think they would do better to not major in International Relations but get into a particular discipline, get some facility in a foreign language, and then spend at least a year abroad.

Having said all that, SUNY has some great programs to study abroad, which would be much more economical than BC, etc, if the student is a New York State resident. Keep that in mind even if the student studies out of State, they are still eligible for the NYS rate for the SUNY abroad programs.

If a student wants to work in an international field I think they would do better to not major in International Relations but get into a particular discipline, get some facility in a foreign language, and then spend  at least a year abroad.

Having said all that, SUNY has some great programs to study abroad, which would be much more economical than BC, etc, if the student is a New York State resident. Keep that in mind even if the student studies out of State, they are still eligible for the NYS rate for the SUNY abroad programs.

588054[/snapback]

Ditto...Its like getting an undergrad degree in Law before you go to law school...not a good idea.

Here are some sights on eventual grad programs that may offer undergrad degrees. Most of the International people I know who were successful followed Benedicts route, including a year abroad (and the SUNY programs are some of the best.) and intensive language study.

In am a Syracuse Alum as is my wife. Syracuse has the Maxwell School which is one of the most highly regarded schools in the area of political science and international relations, on par with the Kennedy School.

My wife majored in international relations and had a fantastic experience. SU also has one of the best study abroad programs in the country.

Food is good but traffic is bad.

Nobody answered my simple question as to what an International Relations graduate does, though.  Makes me wonder.

588453[/snapback]

walking and the T best in boston .............. i have no idea about international realtions , i do have a friend that married someone from spain if that counts ???? <_<:devil:

Food is good but traffic is bad.

Nobody answered my simple question as to what an International Relations graduate does, though.  Makes me wonder.

588453[/snapback]

Many work with the State department in embassies throughout the world, some in other fed agencies (CIA, Defense, NSA, USAID etc.) There is a huge NGO (Non Governmental Agency) community overseas as well. With the global economy there is a strong demand in banking and commerce, energy and architecture.